Is August polite?

His aggressive attitude aside, August seems awfully polite and nice when he is positive. What do you guys think?

Comments

• I don't know when you saw that polite side of him, except when he said he was trying to be friendly for the negotiation to go well. He seems to be agressive and short tempered most of the time, as he killed that guy because he owed him, tried to shoot Felix, Sasha and Fiona, and from what we saw in the preview he still seems determined to kill them.

• I think he's just a gritty Pandoran who is just trying to make a life there for himself and maybe find someone he cares about a long for the ride. This is seen with Sasha. He is willing to trust her and listens to her when she suggested to do the deal. Him chasing after the gang is mostly just him feeling he was betrayed.

• That's what made me think, I mean, his anger toward Sasha is justified.

Clemenem posted: »

I think he's just a gritty Pandoran who is just trying to make a life there for himself and maybe find someone he cares about a long for the

• I can't help but feel sympathetic for the guy. He seems like a typical Pandoran on the surface, but he actually seems like a quaint person beneath. He deserves a happy ending with someone he loves since it seems that's all he really wants.

Not to mention the negotiation was actually a peaceful one because August wanted it to be like that (until Zer0 crashed the party).

• He's really no more of a villain than Nate from TWD. Just tired of being alone.

Zinthous posted: »

I can't help but feel sympathetic for the guy. He seems like a typical Pandoran on the surface, but he actually seems like a quaint person b

• Exactly. Who would want to fault someone for that? I hope Telltale doesn't write August off as a typical antagonist and delves deeper into his character.

He's really no more of a villain than Nate from TWD. Just tired of being alone.

• Eh, I wouldn't count on that, Telltale are probably going to make him ALOT more ruthless.

Exactly. Who would want to fault someone for that? I hope Telltale doesn't write August off as a typical antagonist and delves deeper into his character.

• I don't know, he's pretty scary...

• I was just thinking this myself. He didn't want a gunfight and even if you grab his hand he doesn't do much.

He did, however, execute Tommy for not paying.

• Nate kills a bunch of elderly survivors for no reason after they negotiated and he's not a villian? ...

oh right. I forgot, Kenny, Jane and Nate fans are unreasonable.

He's really no more of a villain than Nate from TWD. Just tired of being alone.

• Hes a load shark, he has to be polite to get people deal with him, hes a lot bigger criminal that Fiona and a lot more evil that low level Hyperion employees.

• I agree with Felix about August.

Alt text

• He killed two people that were going to die for much needed supplies. He was kind to Russell and saved his life on two occasions when he could have easily killed him

stevean2 posted: »

Nate kills a bunch of elderly survivors for no reason after they negotiated and he's not a villian? ... oh right. I forgot, Kenny, Jane and Nate fans are unreasonable.

• that were going to die? is that how you justify murder? "well they were going to die anyway.. so.."

Nate is a villian, a bad guy IMO.

He killed two people that were going to die for much needed supplies. He was kind to Russell and saved his life on two occasions when he could have easily killed him

• I think it's all part of his manipulation/facade, like when he pretends that he doesn't know what the word 'obstinate' means to fit in with Hyperion's view of Pandorans.

• I don't know. Sometimes he's got his polite and understanding moments, but when we see him for the first time as he kissed Sasha's cheek I couldn't help but get a bad feeling in my stomach... probably just indigestion.

• I'm a Kenny fan and I'm not unreasonable. I understand why people hate him.

Nate kills a bunch of elderly survivors for no reason after they negotiated and he's not a villian? ... oh right. I forgot, Kenny, Jane and Nate fans are unreasonable.

• Thank god for that... I needn't mention the crapstorm that occured with the release of finale.

Kenny fans debating that picking Kenny is the only logical, and canon choice and even going as far as to swarm youtubers and "bully them" if they picked Jane.. it was insane and turned me off Season 3.

I'm a Kenny fan and I'm not unreasonable. I understand why people hate him.

• Yeah I hate the incessant Kenny fandom that is truly over the top. Who cares if a person hates a character you love? Not everyone is going to have the same opinion as you.

Thank god for that... I needn't mention the crapstorm that occured with the release of finale. Kenny fans debating that picking Kenny is

• I love Fiona's smile and her bowler hat. :D

I agree with Felix about August.

• I don't think it's difficult to understand why August would be paranoid and suspicious of those he did business with, he does live on Pandora after all. You have to be a criminal in order to get by, Fiona explicitly says that. And in the end, his distrust of Fiona ended up being valid, because her goal was in fact to trick him. And his girlfriend was in on it too, makes sense why he's so pissed off. He's a prickly guy, but he didn't seem that mean to Fiona initially. Just cautious. Overall, even though he's a villain, he's shaping up to be one of my favorites.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.