Halp understandin pls

Hi I recently played tftb. There's was funny parts and confusing parts. Like shade. Since I didn't play the original borderland games, can someone fill me in with what i need to know? I'll probably also have to make one for got too.

Comments

• That's a very vague question. Can you narrow it down a little?

• Four Vault Hunters arrived on Pandora for riches and fame.
    They went on an epic quest to find a "vault" that was rumoured to have ancient treasure.
    Along the way, they met various people, such as Marcus and Dr. Ned (A citzen who claims to be a doctor, but he doesn't know the first thing about medicine. He also had an evil twin brother called Zed, who looks exactly like him but with a mustache) Zed was killed.
    They also met Athena, who wants to take down the corporation she used to work for (The Crimson Lance). She'll be important later.

Eventually, they reach the vault, but when they arrive, the encounter Commandant Steele, Leader of The Crimson Lance, who wants to claim the Vaults riches (And the Vault Hunters) for herself. The Vault opens to reveal ... A MOTHERFUDING ALIEN. Known as The Destroyer. A massive beast, locked up in "The Vault" that acts as a Jail. It kills Steele and the Vault Hunters destroy ... The Destroyer, leaving with nothing but fame.

A few years later, A lowly Hyperion worker, known as Jack, hires four vault hunters (Wilhelm, A claptrap, Athena and Nisha) to find a vault on the moon. However, as they meet said employee at the base of operations, they're attacked by a mysterious enemy, who is obsessed with taking over the moon base and destroying pandora, for the good of the universe ... her name is Colonel Zerpadon. Aided by a mysterious alien race ...
    Eventually, the vault hunters defeat her and her army and find out the vault they're hunting for is already open. The four (or five, with the Jack Doppelganger pack) Hunt for the opened vault and find it already taken over by the corporation Zerpadon ruled over. The four find that the aliens have mutated some of the forces there, turning them into mixed abmonations and humans and an alien race...
    After fighting their way through that lot, they come upto the defender of the vault itself, a strange alien that varies through various elements, and eventually becomes a massive version of itself to destroy the vault hunters. They... sucseed and Jack enters the vault. Finding nothing but a strange artefact inside. Dissapointed by the lack of "loot" or riches there, he touches the artifact and it begins giving him massive knowledge of the future and what he must do to "rule". However, the full knowledge he was bestowed, is briefly interrupted by a ex-vault hunter from the previous game, Lillith (Who also blew the Hyperion space station's weapon up) when she punches the artifact, scaring Jack's face with the logo of a vault, and briefly escaping.

This pushes Jack over the edge, claiming vault hunters are nothing better than bandits and he'll destroy them all. Eventually, the vault hunters working for Jack part ways. Claptrap (and his robotic units) Are destroyed, only for the one involved to be briefly repaired by a person known as Sir Hammerlock, Athena leaves Jacks employ, realising what he has become, Wilhelm stays with Hyperion, modifying himself with robotic enhancements untill he eventually BECOMES a robot, and Athena becomes Sheriff of a town called Lynchwood on Pandora.

Also, Lillith is a person known as a "siren" a strange race of humanoids who posess phychic abilities. Noone truely knows their limits, but each one has different powers from the other. Lillith can phasewalk, which bassicly allows her to "teleport".

There can only be 6 sirens in the universe at any one time. Steele was one, but she died, allowing another Siren to be born, Angel a guide that helps you through the first game and daughter of Jack (who becomes handsome Jack) at the end ofthe presequel, is also a siren. Maya, a vault hunter from borderlands 2, is also a siren.

Would you like to know more?

• Stevean2 does a great job summarising (genuinely, I've never seen it more succinctly put), but if you want something a little more in-depth this Borderland's Lore Megathread is the perfect place to brush up on your Pandoran history.

• Why thank you <3

Stevean2 does a great job summarising (genuinely, I've never seen it more succinctly put), but if you want something a little more in-depth this Borderland's Lore Megathread is the perfect place to brush up on your Pandoran history.

• Wait... Who is who? In Bl2 there's Dr. Zed, but you're saying he's dead. (I didn't play the first game) Can you explain it please?:D

stevean2 posted: »

Four Vault Hunters arrived on Pandora for riches and fame. They went on an epic quest to find a "vault" that was rumoured to have ancient t

• Blind SniperBlind Sniper Moderator
    edited December 2014

If you've never played any of the other Borderlands titles before, the narration at the intro of the first episode should be enough to get you acquainted with what you need to know for Tales from the Borderlands. With the exception of another recent title from Telltale, Game of Thrones, Telltale typically designs their games to be friendly to newcomers of the source material.

• To be honest I'm not sure you're missing much with regards to TFTB.

I'd only played the first 10 minutes of borderlands 1, my husband had played all three games, and he said the only extra stuff was little references, nothing really relevant to the plot.

• You mean dr. Ned right?

SoMuchSass posted: »

Wait... Who is who? In Bl2 there's Dr. Zed, but you're saying he's dead. (I didn't play the first game) Can you explain it please?:D

• Yes, sorry. Dr. Ned was the evil brother with a mustache.

Dr. Zed is the gooder ... non-evil facade "medical" brother :P

Wait... Who is who? In Bl2 there's Dr. Zed, but you're saying he's dead. (I didn't play the first game) Can you explain it please?:D

• :D that's a relief. "Who needs a medical license when you got style?" :D

Yes, sorry. Dr. Ned was the evil brother with a mustache. Dr. Zed is the gooder ... non-evil facade "medical" brother :P

• I'll edit my post .... when I can be bothered... LAZES AROUND

that's a relief. "Who needs a medical license when you got style?"

• :D

Alt text

I'll edit my post .... when I can be bothered... LAZES AROUND

Sign in to comment in this discussion.