Shade's modified model

The one August's bouncer kills!!
at first i thought him to be shade, but why?? i know he is totally unrelated to shade... but y was telltale out of models??

Comments

• Telltale tends to reuse models a lot, but I don't mind. Like "greasy face" was a remodel of Walter from TWDG, and I'm pretty sure that dude who gets killed in the ally when you first play as Fiona is the exact same dude who gets killed in the opening.

I'm sure they do it to save time. No need to make a brand new model for a character who is only going to appear for one very brief scene.

• I do mind. Third Walter was sitting in the bar. Is creating new model, or making the old one unrecognizable, that hard?
    I feel cheated.

Deadpoolian posted: »

Telltale tends to reuse models a lot, but I don't mind. Like "greasy face" was a remodel of Walter from TWDG, and I'm pretty sure that dude

• Do you really want to have even longer wait times between episodes? :P If reusing models keeps the wait times down, then I really don't mind.

Besides, it's not like Telltale makes triple A games with huge budgets. It's probably done to keep costs down too. They even reuse animations a lot. Is it lazy? Yeah, sure, but it's probably a necessary evil on their end.

I do mind. Third Walter was sitting in the bar. Is creating new model, or making the old one unrecognizable, that hard? I feel cheated.

• Actually, I'm pretty sure the one sitting in the bar is grease face/Rudiger. I always thought it was a ittle easter egg.

I do mind. Third Walter was sitting in the bar. Is creating new model, or making the old one unrecognizable, that hard? I feel cheated.

• Aaand he's voiced by Troy Baker who also voices Rhys

• I don't care about same animations but I won't accept meeting twins of Walter or Shade all the time. Reusing models or longer wait? Is this some kind of blackmail? TTG is making popular games, their budget is not small, they can hire people who will create more models. Yes, they CAN.

Deadpoolian posted: »

Do you really want to have even longer wait times between episodes? :P If reusing models keeps the wait times down, then I really don't mind

• edited December 2014

Eh, don't be so dramatic, reusing models is always going to be an issue, one way or the other, even triple A games do that, but like Deadpoolian says, it saves time, and even if they CAN, they won't do it at the moment since they're on a tight schedule and have to spend alot of time on how the choices work., they're not Ubisoft or Quantic Dream, they're Telltale.

I don't care about same animations but I won't accept meeting twins of Walter or Shade all the time. Reusing models or longer wait? Is this

• You are underestimating Telltale Games, people. Have some faith.

J-Master posted: »

Eh, don't be so dramatic, reusing models is always going to be an issue, one way or the other, even triple A games do that, but like Deadpoo

• One of TTG's less obvious rehashes. They only actually use around 10 models each game which they remodel into different characters.

• edited December 2014

Um, I don't think I am, why else are they relying on the same engine at this point? And why are game breaking glitches still apparent after quite a few games and why are the retail versions so ridiculously cheap?, they're still an indy studio learning and trying new things.

You are underestimating Telltale Games, people. Have some faith.

• I thought it was, too.

Actually, I'm pretty sure the one sitting in the bar is grease face/Rudiger. I always thought it was a ittle easter egg.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.