Why would Fiona lie?

When the stranger asked Fiona on how they handled Rhys and Vaughn, she has the choice of saying that they calmly discuss about a temporary alliance (with teas and all). Considering what really happened and how their present relationship are, why would she lie about that?

Is it because Fiona still regard Rhys as her partner?

And because I love the tea party scene, I'll put this one here. :)

Alt text

Comments

• Love that scene as well. Probably she wanted to sound like the good guy in the story. :D

• She lies for the same reason that both she and Rhys lie about dying. Which to I have no clue.

• Probably to make herself seem as if she did nothing wrong :p and oh how I love this scene. Literally the best part in episode 1 :P

• I'm guessing that it's because telling a long winded story can get pretty boring and she just wanted to throw something funny in there to see their reactions. :P

• 'Why would a con artist lie :o'

• Because you picked that choice lol.

• I guess because she wanted to sound like she did nothing wrong.

I also love how they have their pinkies out in the picture.

Always remember:

Alt text

• Who doesn't drink something with their pinky out though? :P

bloop posted: »

I guess because she wanted to sound like she did nothing wrong. I also love how they have their pinkies out in the picture. Always remember:

• I don't. I also thought it was a British thing to hold their pinkies. Plus, I wanted to use that picture.

Green613 posted: »

Who doesn't drink something with their pinky out though? :P

• I don't think it's a British thing, I just do it cause it's more fancy :3

bloop posted: »

I don't. I also thought it was a British thing to hold their pinkies. Plus, I wanted to use that picture.

• edited December 2014

And then you died, you sure thats what really happened? :D TTG made something funny even if you die.

IAmHoboKing posted: »

She lies for the same reason that both she and Rhys lie about dying. Which to I have no clue.

• I think she was just trying to be sassy and sarcastic to Rhys and the kidnapper.

• I loved the tea party scene! So....dignified lol!

• That is actually a great answer...Would you mind to have some tea and cookies?

Flog61 posted: »

'Why would a con artist lie '

• That scene make laugh so much.

• When Rhys lies, it's usually to make himself seem more suave, cool, or in control. If Fiona has known him for a while before the Stranger got their hands on them, she would probably know that and lies to an extreme to kinda act as a counter point to Rhys.

"Oh, you want to be ridiculous in all this, I can out-do that!"

With that characterization in mind, she probably doesn't hate Rhys for whatever slight he's supposedly done to her that he thinks he's done.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.