What do you guys think about Vasquez?

Personally i'd vouch for him to be an antagonist for rest of the game and plus his lines are also funny too.

Comments

• edited December 2014

I like him. He's a pretty cool guy despite him being a complete douchebag. I hope he sticks around for the rest of season because it seems like we will meeting him in the next episode and I don't want him to be killed off so early ;-;

• Change of Heart? Stuck with our heroes?

Just keep him alive.

• An asshole but funny..I like him even though he smacked Rhys in the face x)

• He's the type of guy to scratch his own nuts, and scratch 'em hard.

..........................................Oh yeah, and I hate him.

• I want to like him so bad, but only because he's Patrick Warburton.

• Don't you mean Assquez? :P

And no, can't stand him.

• i think he is funny and cool i guess and obsessed with male genitals xD

• edited December 2014

*Assquez

He's funny and I like him as a villain, but I have a feeling that he's going to die soon. Like "next episode" soon...

• He is the kind of villain that you can have fun with by messing with him. :)

• I have the feeling he's gonna die during that confrontation with Rhys in Episode 2. But who knows? Maybe he ends up in the same boat as Rhys.

Hyperion's hierarchy is shown to be fragile and dependent on whoever's the best back-stabber, and Vasquez is already vulnerable and desperate due to Rhys' meddling. Could be possible that by going down to Pandora himself, Vasquez is going to leave an opening for someone else to turn on him.

• I feel like he'll either become determinant in the next episode or he'll die. This isn't the best explanation for why I think this, but I personally believe if he was going to be the main antagonist he would be in more episode title slides. This isn't probably the best reasoning once again. Also, I feel as if he's too comedic to be the main villain. The main villain however appears to be AI Handsome Jack.

• If anything, I want Handsome Jack to truly be on Rhys' side. We've already had two stories where he's pretty much the bad guy.

I feel like he'll either become determinant in the next episode or he'll die. This isn't the best explanation for why I think this, but I pe

• Ok, so, I'm one of those rare few people who accepted his deal, so i'm curious what impact this will have on our "Relationship" in the future without that money. I'ma do whatever I can to make Rhys big in Hyperion.

• I like him. He has the comedic/villainous side. His presence is definitely more powerful than August's as a villain. His voice also gives up the macho boss vibe pretty well. His monologue about "destiny" really won me over.

• I agree. Jack as the anti hero companion would be better

Bokor posted: »

If anything, I want Handsome Jack to truly be on Rhys' side. We've already had two stories where he's pretty much the bad guy.

• He is the love of my life

• He's one of the few villains that are actually great.

• He's a good villain, but he only has purchase against Rhys at the moment. I really wanna see him stick around for a while though.

BUT I'm kind of expecting the series to be less about a central villain, and more about Rhys and Fiona being each others' antagonists and having mutually exclusive goals. (I mean, even the thing with the money. They agree to work together, but I don't think there's any way either of them would have settled for anything less than all of the money. They ain't splitting it.)

Vasquez is probably going to be less a villain of the whole series, and more a vice that pressures Rhys into making decisions he might otherwise not.

• edited December 2014

Vasquez is fucking hilarious. End of story.

• edited December 2014

He's handsome, he takes no shit, he puts people in their place, and if you don't respect him, he'll have your dick in a sling.
    Alt text

Meet Vasquez, ladies and gentlemen.

• You forgot how if you don't respect him he'll "have your dick in a sling"

J-Master posted: »

He's handsome, he takes no shit, he puts people in their place, and if you don't respect him, he'll have your dick in a sling. Meet Vasquez, ladies and gentlemen.

• Thanks, it's fixed now. :)

Clemenem posted: »

You forgot how if you don't respect him he'll "have your dick in a sling"

• Also he's basically mirror-verse Will Riker. :P

• Oh yeah, I like Joe Swanson, I mean Vasquez. I think he has a lot of funny lines. I think Joe Swanson has the potential to be a very good villain. Oh crap, did I say Joe Swanson? I meant Joe Swanson. I mean Joe Swanson. Damn it.

• You're doing him a disservice by referring to him as Joe Swanson. His best performance is Kronk by a mile. :P

ralo229 posted: »

Oh yeah, I like Joe Swanson, I mean Vasquez. I think he has a lot of funny lines. I think Joe Swanson has the potential to be a very good villain. Oh crap, did I say Joe Swanson? I meant Joe Swanson. I mean Joe Swanson. Damn it.

• Seriously, a yellow tie clip on a yellow tie? You sir, fail at fashion!

The hair gives you some brownie points back though.

:P

J-Master posted: »

He's handsome, he takes no shit, he puts people in their place, and if you don't respect him, he'll have your dick in a sling. Meet Vasquez, ladies and gentlemen.

• edited December 2014

Jack: Pull the lever, Vasquez.

{Vasquez hits airlock switch}

Jack: Wrong Lever!

You're doing him a disservice by referring to him as Joe Swanson. His best performance is Kronk by a mile. :P

• I think he's a very interesting character. The fact that he's Rhys's nemesis within the company makes me think that the two are very similar and nemeses because they are essentially the same people jockeying for the same position. It's one of the reasons I'm so interested in the game. I suspect Vasquez will undergo no character growth over the course of the game, while Rhys will experience massive shifts in character that will ultimately make him a better person. This will make Rhys's character development even more starkly apparent.

(Rhys already has progressed beyond Vasquez at the start of the game, on account of the fact Rhys is not a TOTAL buttmunch)

• Jack is funnier (Atleast at this point.)

• He has a rather odd obsession with male genitals.

• I feel like Telltale will kill him AND August next episode for shock.

Loader Bot will kill Vazquez and Sasha/Fiona will kill August.

Oh, he's awesome by the way. I'd probably hate him more if he wasn't voiced by Patrick Warburton. Every time I see him I see Joe Swanson.

• edited December 2014

What about The Tick?

You're doing him a disservice by referring to him as Joe Swanson. His best performance is Kronk by a mile. :P

• Trends are different in the future.

Lack-Jaw posted: »

Seriously, a yellow tie clip on a yellow tie? You sir, fail at fashion! The hair gives you some brownie points back though. :P

• No, I think that's just Pierre Shorette's writing style.

Wolverisk posted: »

He has a rather odd obsession with male genitals.

• Assquez is awesome. Everthing he says makes me chuckle, at least. I hope he sticks around for a few more Episodes, but ultimately I want to crush him with my cyborg arm for trying to make me sell out my boy Vaughn.

• Vasquez is cool. He's acted menacing, is funny, and he has a few reasons to go after Ryhs and the gang.

For sure Vasquez will make an appearance, but I don't think he'll die, maybe wounded. He'll probably be hiding up on Helios until the hang reaches the vault and then send out an army of loader bots to take them down. Like if you took his offer he'll send either friendly or warn you he's sending them? Dunno.

• I WANT TO KILL HIM, but also laugh at him...

• I was trying to make a funny quip.

No, I think that's just Pierre Shorette's writing style.

• Thanks, Pumpkin.

But seriously, I really want to see those two interact. Jack would wipe the floor with Vasquez, but it'd be hilarious!

MasterStone posted: »

Jack is funnier (Atleast at this point.)

Sign in to comment in this discussion.