Minecraft has no story.............

2»

Comments

• It's still Minecraft, Telltale can't simply get a property and not be faithful to the material.

Green613 posted: »

Compare TWD show with the game, are they the similar? No. Compare Fables to TWAU, are they similar? No. Compare Borderlands 2 with TFTBL, are they similar? No. See the pattern? No, you probably don't.

• It wasn't as good as season one in my opinion, but it was still really good.

J-Master posted: »

TWD S2 wasn't much of a great game.

• Alt text

We have the knowledge it's Minecraft...I'm tired of repeating myself...HAS NOTHING OF VALUE TO MAKE A STORY! I'm hating on the idea and ther

• I will.

TWD show and game...Very similar, both involve the same universe, the same purpose, emotional connections and deaths all around.

Fables and TWAU....Very similar, both involve the same universe, tense situations upon the same fables, it's a prequel to the comics.

Borderlands and Tales....This is the only one you got.

I see no pattern because it isn't there.

Green613 posted: »

Compare TWD show with the game, are they the similar? No. Compare Fables to TWAU, are they similar? No. Compare Borderlands 2 with TFTBL, are they similar? No. See the pattern? No, you probably don't.

• They are still a small company making episodic games for 20-25 dollars. With the level of fame Minecraft has, this game that we really still know nothing about has the potential to be another cash cow like TWD.

Entitled? To make a bad game for little children which will bring them to our community? No. This is stupid, it doesn't "Offend" me, it's

• A small company? Yeah sure, but that doesn't mean they can make bad games for money. The over rated fame and the distaste Minecraft has will only damage Telltale's image. TWD isn't a cash cow...The first season at least. This is however.

They are still a small company making episodic games for 20-25 dollars. With the level of fame Minecraft has, this game that we really still know nothing about has the potential to be another cash cow like TWD.

• When you run a video game studio like TellTale, you can make decisions like these. I am interested to see what they do with this. It is risky and who knows whether it will pay off or not. You can't justifiably fault someone for doing something different.

What is wrong with little children joining the community? Judging by the amount of whining and complaining from you, I would say the little children are already here.

Entitled? To make a bad game for little children which will bring them to our community? No. This is stupid, it doesn't "Offend" me, it's

• Why take a risk in something like this...Something so dangerous it could either ruin you or make you legends when you could make a good game?

Little children...They will ruin this place...But when I finally thought I could have a civil conversation with you, you decide to insult me...Nice, real good. You know what, I have all rights to complain about this.

Psyentifik posted: »

When you run a video game studio like TellTale, you can make decisions like these. I am interested to see what they do with this. It is risk

• Psyentifik posted: »

When you run a video game studio like TellTale, you can make decisions like these. I am interested to see what they do with this. It is risk

• Why not take a risk in something like this? The game is popular and has a large following. There are likely many who play Minecraft who would not give a point and click adventure the time of day. It could be a great way to grow TellTale's business. I disagree that the risk is so big it could ruin TellTale. To use your own words, they have two well known series going right now. The risk is there because it will deviate from their typical game since there really is no story to the Minecraft game.

If you think me calling you a child for whining and complaining was an insult, you have very thin skin, my friend. Entitled much?

Why take a risk in something like this...Something so dangerous it could either ruin you or make you legends when you could make a good game

• Sees you call me entitled

Well, I am properly state that arguing with you further would be a waste of time to us both as you in your first post decided to insult me, so, I'll take my leave.

Why not take a risk in something like this? The game is popular and has a large following. There are likely many who play Minecraft who woul

• edited December 2014

I can guarantee they'll make it similar to many light-hearted American sitcoms.

Complete with laugh tracks, wacky quick-cut animated scene transitions, and wacky hijinks. The problem is that this property isn't exactly the most interesting of ideals when it comes to involving a player in it's characters or enthralling an audience with it's writing.

Unless, they make it a Christopher Nolan-esque "gritty reboot" so many writers market their games or films for now.

• edited December 2014

Responses to a video made for the sole purpose of expressing a view that a video game sucks was never going to garner many positive responses, don't you think? A video like that will probably only get views and especially comments from people who love Minecraft. Further, the video creator just generalized a whole population of people based on a few unkind/unintelligent comments made to his video that was clearly intended to piss off Minecraft players. That was not very convincing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQcHpusjNkg

• edited December 2014

It really is not my problem if you associate the word entitled with negative connotations, is it? I could think of no other word for your behavior.

Honestly, you have your opinion and I have mine. We were never going to change each others minds anyways. Good day, sir (Edit: or madam).

Sees you call me entitled Well, I am properly state that arguing with you further would be a waste of time to us both as you in your first post decided to insult me, so, I'll take my leave.

• Well, I am glad this ended on a positive note, I'm glad we could at least come to dues. Now I don't know why but I feel as if I have a reason to apologize to you too...However since you are fairly new and we aren't close friends I direct you to the apology thread so you may see why I acted in the way I did.

It really is not my problem if you associate the word entitled with negative connotations, is it? I could think of no other word for your be

• The first season of TWD sold over eight and a half million episodes. They made a shit ton of money.

A small company? Yeah sure, but that doesn't mean they can make bad games for money. The over rated fame and the distaste Minecraft has will only damage Telltale's image. TWD isn't a cash cow...The first season at least. This is however.

• there is none

• Just imagine this: we are all complaining about this game and how stupid it is and on Christmas Eve Telltale changes it to TWAU2 OR some other awesome game... one can dream, right?

I'm starting to think this whole thing is just a joke. I mean, they announced GoT and it was months before it got it's own forum section.

• You know what else is subjective? The concept of this game being bad.

Don't shit on a game we have absolutely no info about.

And I'm also not saying they're always bad, but Telltale aren't not the best comedy writers, that's just overrating, they CAN write good comedy, but comedy is subjective, Telltale are about as flawed as any other developer.

• [removed]

You know what else is subjective? The concept of this game being bad. Don't shit on a game we have absolutely no info about.

• You're getting a little hostile, man.

You know what's gonna happen? As soon as the first episode turns out to be good, EVERYONE will jump on the bandwagon of "OMG THIS GAME IS AMAZING" just like they did with TFTBL, and even TWD.

Also, this is a forum. I'm allowed to state my opinion. Don't tell me to shut up unless you can provide and facts to prove me wrong.

• [removed]

You're getting a little hostile, man. You know what's gonna happen? As soon as the first episode turns out to be good, EVERYONE will jump

• It's funny how people worry about the Minecraft community coming here, when people like you are already present. Stop being so childish, seriously.

Saying I'm "sucking Telltale's dick" for telling people to not bitch about a game we know nothing about is unreasonable. I'm just trying to be logical.

• My opinion is the game will be shit so stop harassing me BITCH

It's funny how people worry about the Minecraft community coming here, when people like you are already present. Stop being so childish, se

• jk lol

My opinion is the game will be shit so stop harassing me BITCH

• edited December 2014

I Agree im a fan of minecraft and honestly im going to get this game for sure i mean i cant wait to see what story they will make from scratch but to be on topic there is no actual teasers or anything to say this game is going to be bad so we cant say its good or bad until we get episode 1

It's funny how people worry about the Minecraft community coming here, when people like you are already present. Stop being so childish, se

• They want to make an entire story? Why touch this game then (I know, money-money-money). They could make their own game, not based on any existing universe (that'd probably be the first one? Or Hecor was like that... i don't know). I mean I can see most of people on this forum doesn't like games like Minecraft. They are just a different (maybe better) kind of players. Maybe this game will be good (I doubt it but maybe...) but it's still a minecraft game and that's what irritates people.

Ps. Love your avatar. That's from one of my favorites moments from Sam & Max when Sam goes ragemod :) That was a good game.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.