Um. WTF. GMG keys are not redeemable on steam?

This game is delivered as a Telltale Games redemption code. Customers will require a free Telltale Games account to play.

Is this some brand new DRM in lieu of Uplay/Origin/RSSC/GFWL?

Can anyone confirm if the key is also redeemable on Steam?

Comments

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator
    edited December 2014

The key is not redeemable on Steam.

You need to redeem your key from the Telltale website http://www.telltalegames.com/redeem and it should than appear in your "My Games" section by clicking the downwards arrow in the top right corner, you will then download the game via a .exe and install it.

• :<

I see.

Well, i had my suspicions that telltale was onto something like this when they stopped including steam features like trading cards into their games after walking dead S1.

Thanks for answering.

/sadpanda

OzzyUK posted: »

The key is not redeemable on Steam. You need to redeem your key from the Telltale website http://www.telltalegames.com/redeem and it shou

• /happypanda you get most of the episodes faster than on Steam about 6-7 hours correct me if im wrong still i wanted a steam key since i like my games all in 1 Platform

:< I see. Well, i had my suspicions that telltale was onto something like this when they stopped including steam features like trading cards into their games after walking dead S1. Thanks for answering. /sadpanda

Telltale's been selling games through their own site/store with Telltale keys for many, many years. I'm talking far back in the old Telltale days when they made new episodes of Lucasarts games.

Long before their games showed up on Steam, as a matter of fact.

So no, it had absolutely nothing to do with the lack of Steam features. That you can chalk up to a Telltale that simply can't be bothered with that sort of thing anymore. Kind of like how they don't offer "collector" DVDs for buying directly from them any longer.

:< I see. Well, i had my suspicions that telltale was onto something like this when they stopped including steam features like trading cards into their games after walking dead S1. Thanks for answering. /sadpanda

Sign in to comment in this discussion.