Was it worth it

I have just purchased the first episode today and though cumbersome to start with found it mildly enjoyable with the exception of a couple of things, it took me roughly 2 hours to complete which is poor value in any bodies money and the inability to modify the keys is extremely frustrating, lets hope that episode 2 gives greater flexibility and is more challenging

Seems like we Brits get ripped off again, this cost me £18 (approx. $27)

Comments

• edited December 2014

Roughly 5 dollars for 2 hours of playtime is poor value? Not counting replays (it took me about two hours and a half, I think, for the first playthrough). In any case, you must love paying £10 - £12 for new movies that last an hour and a half to two hours. (And yes, I know, games are different to movies) It's also longer than most of Telltale's episodes, if not the longest.

Regarding everything else, I wouldn't expect key bindings. In general too, Telltale's games these days are more like interactive stories/movies, so yes, I would expect little challenge as it isn't the point. Sometimes you may get more opportunity for exploration though, but in comparison, that seems to be lessening versus TWD S1. Something which I prefer honestly, so I can focus more on the story, which is the important thing anyway in my view, especially as the puzzles were very easy in TWD S1.

But yeah, just wanted to address your expectations regarding key bindings and it becoming more challenging. Likely won't happen as it's about the story and moral choices (forcing you to make them in the heat of the moment and to give different perspectives on characters/story while allowing you some freedom in how the main character acts, not really about majorly altering the story).

It's fine you're disappointed as well (as in everyone's entitled to their opinion). Though you should know that many on the forum consider this to be one of the best episodes Telltale have done, plus critics seem to agree. So, I guess whether you get any enjoyment out of the series will depend on how you find the humor and story.

• Not sure what you mean by "more challenging". Telltale games aren't meant to be challenging, they're meant to be fun.

• People are now complaining about 2 hours? XD you guys just can't be pleased. And by the way for $5, 2 hours is more than enough value.

• I personally enjoyed it a lot with the exception of one part, and two hours for $5? It's great, especially when compared to the previous titles which only had episodes of 1 hour and 30 minutes. I also think it's about to get even better as the adventure just started and you should hold on to the game until Ep.2 and see if you like it.

• Seems like we Brits get ripped off again, this cost me £18 (approx. $27)

Rob_K posted: »

Roughly 5 dollars for 2 hours of playtime is poor value? Not counting replays (it took me about two hours and a half, I think, for the first

• edited December 2014

You purchased the season pass which means you bought all 5 episodes (4 of which aren't out yet), so you didn't get ripped off.

SudleySmith posted: »

• That makes me feel better, can't remember seeing any mention of season pass but I had sipped one or two holy waters

Bigby-Wolf posted: »

You purchased the season pass which means you bought all 5 episodes (4 of which aren't out yet), so you didn't get ripped off.

• edited December 2014

I should have clarified that, but thought you would have known you'd paid for all of the episodes. British here as well.

To clear up one thing though, in case you own a console or tablet/iPAD, you can purchase the episodes separately on them for Telltale's games.

SudleySmith posted: »

Sign in to comment in this discussion.