What comes first: Pre-Sequel or Tales from the Borderlands?

--First of his discussion contains spoilers from Borderlands: the Pre-Sequel.--

It was already told that Tales from the Borderlands happens after Borderlands 2, but for people that have played the Pre-Sequel, knows that so does it. The game is basically a dialog between Lilith and Athena in Sanctuary, and we can see the city flying in Pandora's sky. SO this is after Borderlands 2 as well.

At the end of the game a Omega Guardian appears save Athena from execution, and says that we will need all the vault hunters that we have. Does the Guardian refers to what will happen in Tales from the Borderlands? Or whatever his talking about already happened when Rhys goes to Pandora? Does anyone knows something?

Comments

• It goes: Borderlands, Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel, followed by Borderlands 2 and now, Tales From The Borderlands.

• have you read the post? I know that what you play in Pre-Sequel happens before Borderlands 2. But at the background/the backstory happens after the second game. So, your reply doesn't quite answer my question. sorry :\

It goes: Borderlands, Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel, followed by Borderlands 2 and now, Tales From The Borderlands.

• I read it, but since I haven't played any other Borderlands games, the rest didn't exactly understand. The only thing I got was the title question "What comes first: Pre-Sequel or Tales from the Borderlands?", and "It was already told that Tales from the Borderlands happens after Borderlands 2, but for people that have played the Pre-Sequel, knows that so does it.", then you said "I know that what you play in Pre-Sequel happens before Borderlands 2.", so I'm confused exactly what your question is....

But I have no clue about the whole Omega Guardian thing, I would assume that has to do with the Borderlands 2 Vault Hunters.

Daftex posted: »

have you read the post? I know that what you play in Pre-Sequel happens before Borderlands 2. But at the background/the backstory happens after the second game. So, your reply doesn't quite answer my question. sorry

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator
    edited December 2014

What he's saying is that the Pre-Sequel takes place in both the past and the future (mainly before Borderlands 2, but In some parts it is after Borderlands 2 as Athena is held captive and explaining the story, however I only watched the beginning of the Pre-Sequel so I have no idea what happens after that).

I read it, but since I haven't played any other Borderlands games, the rest didn't exactly understand. The only thing I got was the title q

• Ah. Didn't know that.

dojo32161 posted: »

What he's saying is that the Pre-Sequel takes place in both the past and the future (mainly before Borderlands 2, but In some parts it is af

• thank you for organizing what i said :)

dojo32161 posted: »

What he's saying is that the Pre-Sequel takes place in both the past and the future (mainly before Borderlands 2, but In some parts it is af

• Try read the post before commenting next time

It goes: Borderlands, Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel, followed by Borderlands 2 and now, Tales From The Borderlands.

• edited December 2014

Trailer Timeline

Anyway, that is for the timeline. To answer your other question....I don't know. I really hope it means Tales but it probably meant BL2.

• InGen_Nate_KennyInGen_Nate_Kenny Moderator
    edited December 2014

You know you're kinda being rude here. The OP re-explained what his question was more clearly than the original post. Plus, I have already been told this so....

Try read the post before commenting next time

• I wondered about this too and came to conclusion that the opening/ending of Pre-sequel happened before Tales, because at the beginning of Pre-sequel you can see that Mordecai is still injured like at the end of Borderlands 2, which means the intro of Pre-sequel happened not long after Jack's death. And in Tales it's obvious that Jack has been dead for quite a while.

• the actual main plot of the pre sequel takes place before borderlands 2 and the interogation scenes with lilith take place after borderlands 2 (and possibly during the events of tales)

• Wrong, Mordecai was injured trying to capture Athena, Lilith mentioned thay.

So it's long after Borderlands 2. Especially since Gaige and Axton are off world.

Pipas posted: »

I wondered about this too and came to conclusion that the opening/ending of Pre-sequel happened before Tales, because at the beginning of Pr

• It can't be during the events of tales, as Athena is in it

Jewfreeus posted: »

the actual main plot of the pre sequel takes place before borderlands 2 and the interogation scenes with lilith take place after borderlands 2 (and possibly during the events of tales)

• (Contains spoilers for tftb ep2 and borderlands pre se) If you are asking what comes first, athena captured or tales, i think maybe tales. Reason why? I say this because maybe they (people who captured athena) got really worried about her when she went crazy (she never had red eyes and echoey voice like in ep2), so maybe something happened between tales and pre sequel (still talking about the flashforwards) thats got her like that. I would also think if athena saw an alien come from the future telling everyone to join forces, she would probably join them.

• I think it is reasonable to hypothesize that Tales (at least the current two episodes) happens before Athena's capture and retelling of the Pre-sequel story to the BL1 vault hunters. I just started playing the Claptastic Voyage DLC for BL:TPS, and Athena and Lilith are talking in the background, with Lilith wanting to know why Athena still did the job for Jack (the claptrap mission) after she had decided to quit. To make a long story short, Athena replied that Hollow Point needed the money and security, and that she wanted to do good for Springs (since they became a couple). This of course doesn't answer the question of exactly when Jack is defeated by the BL2 vault hunters in relation to Athena's capture, but we do know that he's dead by the time of Tales. My guess is the timeline is BL1, BL:TPS (actual game play), followed by Athena returning to Pandora - specifically Hollow Point, then BL2 (where Jack dies), then Tales, followed by Athena's capture by Brick and Mordecai at the end of TPS. Of course, this is just conjecture but it makes sense. I suppose Tales could easily go past Athena's capture too...we'll have to see how the remaining episodes play out.

Just my 5 cents.

• what you mean by gaige and axton being off world?

BullseyeRey posted: »

Wrong, Mordecai was injured trying to capture Athena, Lilith mentioned thay. So it's long after Borderlands 2. Especially since Gaige and Axton are off world.

• we still have 3 more episodes to go just because athena appeared in episode 2, doesn't mean she will appear in the rest she could be captured during one of the episodes we don't exactly know plus my comment was before we even knew athena was gonna show up

Quigsjnr posted: »

It can't be during the events of tales, as Athena is in it

Sign in to comment in this discussion.