The Wolf Among Us Episode 5 Ending - Did y'all just forget this part?

123457»

Comments

• edited August 2014

The only real relevance I can see is that there's chemistry between Faith and Bigby.

I think it's just really to give the player something to investigate on a second play-through (to increase the re-playability), e.g. search every possible branch for the evidence to piece it together (at least that's what I'd like to think and would love them to do in future releases).

The thing is I'm personally not that interested in that particular mystery. So Faith walks away but what does it matter really? My Bigby cares about Snow and I'm rooting for Bigby and Snow to get together.

I think it's just to leave you with a bit of a twist and a mystery, it's just (apart from the apparent chemistry between Bigby and Faith) faith isn't really a large enough character for it to be truly meaningful (it's not like she's a Kaiser Soze type character).

I think it's an interesting idea and I'm glad they did it but it just feels too tacked-on and unimportant (not fully enough realised) to really inspire motivation in me. I mean seriously, who really cares?

What does it matter if not for her and Bigby's chemistry. Is there a donkey skin in her case? Maybe there should be a donkey-skin tale hanging out the back of her suitcase as she walks off (a symbolic way of saying, hey Bigby come get me, I'm leaving Laurence?)

Maybe she'll end up being a trickster/shape-changer character that's present throughout the narrative but that would be better as a star-crossed black-hat character (my Bigby was a White hat) that Bigby was persuing (that would be really cool).

It would be great if the star-crossed, shape changer / love interest for Bigby would change dynamically based on weather your Bigby is a white-hat character or just a complete dick. That would be awesome (maybe the evidence left in the different strands could change dynamically kind of like Tell Tale Games meets Silent Hill Shattered Memories.

• My head is hurting reading all of these comments. So, in I think episode 1, there is a choice when talking to the mirror to look for Faith. It's response is puzzling me. So when the mirror says "Through powerful magic her whereabouts concealed. Unfortunately for you, "These lips are sealed."" is that referring to the glamour that Faith is in?

• It's the cursed ribbons the girls wear that causes the mirror to say that.

Abernath posted: »

My head is hurting reading all of these comments. So, in I think episode 1, there is a choice when talking to the mirror to look for Faith.

• If the ribbon is why the mirror states that, and the found "Faith" head doesn't have a ribbon, that only lends credibility that Faith is alive and wearing a ribbon for the mirror to respond in this way... I really need to replay everything.

RavenTDA posted: »

It's the cursed ribbons the girls wear that causes the mirror to say that.

• But the Faith head on the steps DID have a ribbon. It was in her mouth tied around the ring.

STalon posted: »

If the ribbon is why the mirror states that, and the found "Faith" head doesn't have a ribbon, that only lends credibility that Faith is alive and wearing a ribbon for the mirror to respond in this way... I really need to replay everything.

• I was sure when Vivian was explaining things that the spell is broken when the ribbon is removed.

When the head is found, Bigby takes the ribbon with the ring. The mirror part is after the ribbon is removed from the mouth.

But the Faith head on the steps DID have a ribbon. It was in her mouth tied around the ring.

• I just finished the game today ... and the ending was a delight :D.

All I want to say is the mirror refuses to show faith even when her head was cut off from her body. This could only mean that she is still wearing the ribbon! Now we have the argument that narissa could be faith the whole time but there are 2 different magics in play here
    1 that conceals physical form
    2 that protects ones loyalty/silence/identity
    I believe even if faith was dead the mirror should have shown the head/body of the deceased that was at the doctors disposal which does not happen.
    So i believe faith is still alive.

• Also dont forget bigby's a wolf with a very precise sent and when he meets narissa in the club he says to her its as if they had met before.

dragonlofd posted: »

I just finished the game today ... and the ending was a delight . All I want to say is the mirror refuses to show faith even when her hea

• The spell is only broken if Vivian's ribbon is removed not the other girls. Vivian is the original that's why. The mirror also says the same thing about lips being sealed when asking about Lilly and we know she is dead as well if you need more proof.

STalon posted: »

I was sure when Vivian was explaining things that the spell is broken when the ribbon is removed. When the head is found, Bigby takes the ribbon with the ring. The mirror part is after the ribbon is removed from the mouth.

• when does this happen? i dont remember asking the mirror about lilly

The spell is only broken if Vivian's ribbon is removed not the other girls. Vivian is the original that's why. The mirror also says the same thing about lips being sealed when asking about Lilly and we know she is dead as well if you need more proof.

• What if both faith and nerissa are alive? Who we see at the end is faith glamoured as nerissa, why didn't she want to remove the ribbon? Because it would reveal a scar around her neck where her head was cut off, I kno what your thinking the glamour would cover that if it were the case but no it wouldn't lilly still had injection marks on her leg and the game made a point of showing us this so would stand to reason the scar would remain, how is she alive? Not sure but the body was never found and the doctor had to do some additional "tests" and again at the very firat episode the game showed us how much damage the woodsman could take so maybe other fables like faith could survive such things probably wrong but just an idea :-)

• In the posted photo...who is the lady-fable talking with SnowWhite?
    Im guessing its Holly or Lilly but think bout it ......why would Lilly have a box of photos with her NOT in any of em?

Was Lilly also trying to rid herself from the clutches of the Crooked Man?
    And when she tried, failed got her head cut off by Faith/Nerissa.because she knew too much? Why else would she feel guilty enough to confess so tearily?

Could therebe another person we are leaving out that couldmake sense to one other theory?

The theory: BOTH Nerissa and Faith are not alive djring the

• edited August 2014

If you walk around the office before examining Lilly's body you can ask the mirror about Lilly if I remember right. There's a possibility to miss the chance to do this though and have to do it by talking to TJ first and then saying you don't want to look at the body right away.

dragonlofd posted: »

when does this happen? i dont remember asking the mirror about lilly

• It had to be something big for your last decision to be go after her or not is she the main bad guy? I still dont really get the ending...

• Bigby is (in my experience in the game) the sole "detective/cop" of the whole place... so yes... I would assume that when bad things happen that Bigby is the person who would respond.

Cloudchaser posted: »

So she created the whole scene at the apartment knowing that Toad would call for Bigby if something is going on upstairs. Thats actually awe

• Has anyone considered the following information...

When Bigby was speaking to Nerissa/Faith (depending on people's theories) in the business office when she came in to give information and you try to remove her ribbon, her reaction is she's frightened and jumps away saying "you can't do that." We take this to mean that she would die because of the spell that "seals these lips" from seeing the scene with Vivian in Episode 5. This depends on if you jumped on Georgie's car in the wolf chase scene. Vivian is with the dying Georgie and she confesses that she was the one who created the spell to control the girls.

However, if you jump to the last scene of episode 5 and try and remove the ribbon from Faith/Nerissa, she also reacts similarly, despite Vivian being dead and the spell apparently broken. So why do you think she's still scared of the ribbon being removed?

1. She is still a recent capture from the imprisonment of the ribbon and the idea to take it off still scares her
    2. Could she possibly be Vivian glamoured as Faith/Nerissa and she won't take the ribbon off as the spell isn't broken and she would die. Therefore a bad guy escapes?
    3. This would question the suicide of Vivian (or whoever she was if point 2 is to be believed) Could it have been Faith/Nerissa actually committing suicide? In that scene Vivian says "I feel responsible." Could this be Faith/Nerissa felling responsible for selling out the out the girls about the stolen picture and therefore committed suicide?

What are people's thoughts on any of the above?

• LOL I don't even think TellTale Games thought about the ending as much as we did

• edited February 2016

Remember the reason why the woodcutter had hit Faith? It was because she didn't remember him. So it was probably Nerissa who took the appearance of Faith at the beginning, not the opposite!

TommyW posted: »

faith and Nerissa were not the same person at first after faith left you the night she got beat up something happened Nerissa got ki

• OK, the common fan theory is that Faith=Nerissa. Who is actually imitating who is part of the debate, but I haven't seen anyone put this out there: Faith/Nerissa = Bloody Mary. That surprises me, since Nerissa's Book of Fables entry says that every step she takes is like walking on glass. And what happens when Mary drops her glamour?

• Nah, you don't know Lilly's name yet, so mirror can't say anything about it - Bigby should be more specific. And after examining we don't have a chance to ask mirror again, though there is no point at asking about Lilly's body.
    That's why it is very possible that Faith is alive and well, and mirror could only say "lips are sealed".
    And the magic of course disappears after taking off the ribbon (though the head too :D)

If you walk around the office before examining Lilly's body you can ask the mirror about Lilly if I remember right. There's a possibility to

• It seems people aren't reading the previous comments by others, and the same thing keeps getting repeated. You do know Lilly's name if you apprehend and question the Woodsman, as he confesses that she was his whore. When you ask the mirror about Lilly, he responds the same "these lips are sealed", and we know Lilly is dead. SO that seems to tell us that the spell is only broken when Vivian's ribbon is removed. So there is really no way of knowing if it's Faith or Nerissa who is still alive. The Donkeyskin master of disguise fable points towards Faith being Glamoured as Nerissa, alive and well. While Nerissa may have been glamoured as Faith when Georgie killed who he thought was Faith. Bigby most likely met the real Faith at the beginning, bc at the end she repeats the same line.

Fahrengeit posted: »

Nah, you don't know Lilly's name yet, so mirror can't say anything about it - Bigby should be more specific. And after examining we don't ha

• this also explaines why she needed to get some money.
    cause she had to pretend that she was working.

Cloudchaser posted: »

So she created the whole scene at the apartment knowing that Toad would call for Bigby if something is going on upstairs. Thats actually awe

• You need to arrest Woody. If you don't arrest Woody you won't have the chance to ask the mirror.

Fahrengeit posted: »

Nah, you don't know Lilly's name yet, so mirror can't say anything about it - Bigby should be more specific. And after examining we don't ha

• The ending was really weird and its mindfucking XD
    People say its Faith or Nerissa, because they said the same sentence that Faith said in the beginning, we will all know in Season 2 hopefully :D4616

• The story about the ribbon is actually telling that the spell is broken if you untie the ribbon.

The spell is only broken if Vivian's ribbon is removed not the other girls. Vivian is the original that's why. The mirror also says the same thing about lips being sealed when asking about Lilly and we know she is dead as well if you need more proof.

• edited December 2015

The ring was Faith's family crest... even though she wasn't technically wearing the ribbon anymore, maybe tying it to the ring had the same effect on concealing her.

But the Faith head on the steps DID have a ribbon. It was in her mouth tied around the ring.

• Hey! I am ending TWUS today. Nerissa = Faith or Nerissa = Nerissa? I don't understand this, too many unexplained matters in the script :/.

• edited August 2017

Ok everyone, I found Possibly-maybe proof that you actually met Faith at the beginning, not Nerissa.

We know that Lily was constantly glamoured because she was a troll. Georgie confirms this.
    When Bigby inspects the Puddin n Pie for the first time, he finds a note saying "Faith, thanks for covering for me tonight. Let's talk before you go over to the apartment. (signed Lily)"
    We also know Lily and Woodsman were f'ing.

So, since Lily is constantly glamoured it's safe to assume that Lily was at one point glamoured as Faith. Reason why the Woodsman was so pissed off at actual-faith at the beginning for not recognizing him (they were often appointed after all).

We actually meet Faith at the beginning. Not Nerissa glamoured as Faith, nor Lily glamoured as Faith. Actual Faith.

• The Woodsman was mad because he didn't have a lot of money at that moment, and Lily would understand and sometimes give him a freebie. He was mad when Faith showed up because It Wasn't Supposed To Be Her.

Not that it would make logical sense for anyone to show up glamoured as Faith in that scenario.

Ok everyone, I found Possibly-maybe proof that you actually met Faith at the beginning, not Nerissa. We know that Lily was constantly gla

• I see I see. But when did they say she gave him a freebie though?

WarpSpeed posted: »

The Woodsman was mad because he didn't have a lot of money at that moment, and Lily would understand and sometimes give him a freebie. He w

• My memory isn't that perfect. I think it was during the questioning in a later episode, maybe not exactly a freebie but not the strict financial terms the rules would normally dictate.

I see I see. But when did they say she gave him a freebie though?

Sign in to comment in this discussion.