So what Borderlands game is your favorite?

Just a fun question, I guess.

1. Tales from the Borderlands
  2. Borderlands 2
  3. Borderlands the Pre Sequel
  4. Never played Borderlands so I guess its last

What about you guys?

Comments

• 1st Place: Tales

2nd Place: Borderlands 2

3rd Place: The Pre Sequel

I don't like the first one, it's boring

• Tales is my new fav.

Loved the original Borderlands just because of the way it used to entertain me and my friend, playing split screen nearly everyday was just something we loved doing and it makes the game a hell of a lot more enjoyable when you play with others.

• Never played BL1, but I liked BL2 very much.

I really like the low gravity atmosphere and feel of BL TPS. BL TPS is probably my favorite, since it is still the freshest.

Tales is fine. I am really enjoying it. But, since I love FPS style games, Tales will not be my favorite. No, I do not want more FPS stuff in my TT games ... I really want less ... but has nothing to do with where I rate it here.

1. BL2
    2. Tales
    3. BL1
    4. Pre-Sequel
  • I'm excluding tales as it is to early.
    Storywise - Borderlands the pre-sequel, Borderlands 2 then Borderlands.
    Gameplay - Borderlands 2, Borderlands, Borderlands the pre sequel. I find the pre-sequels area very boring as they lack the variety of the previous games and the first dlc for borderlands the pre-sequel costs the same as dlcs for previous games however it is basically one side mission brought on too far without any raid boss, or any story, or even good equipment, so that games slacking in the gameplay department.

1. Tales
    2. BL2
    3. PS
    4. BS1
  • I actually feel like of the mainstream BL games, the pre-sequel is kind of my favourite overall? I think everything is a lot more cohesive, and the story feels more compelling to me, where you're following Jack's descent. The new class abilities and gameplay tweaks (low gravity, lasers, freeze rays etc) feel super fun and compelling too.

Also I love the atmosphere of the game. The darker hues and neon highlights, the electronic soundtrack. Really enjoyed it. I actually kind of got an Anachronox vibe from some of the areas.

Also it's the game that made me Learn To Stop Worrying And Love the Claptrap. (seriously, one of his mission-dependent lines of "awww, I got a reward and you didn't!" to Jenny Springs was so sweet and sincere totally won me over to him)

Borderlands 2 is probably a more varied, better overall product, but from a strictly personal thing, I think I deffo put the Presequel over it.

I imagine I'm probably going to like Tales the most, but I just wanna give some love to the presequel.

• edited December 2014

I would have to say Tales from the Borderlands, as I personally feel that it allows the setting's true potential to shine.

But Borderlands 2 deserves credit as well. It fully establish the strange yet humorous setting filled with a lot of strange yet charming characters.

• Tales is amazing, but it only has 1 episode out yet, so my favorite is BL2, then goes Tales, then Pre-Sequel. Though all of them are really close :)

• BL2 for me. 1 was entertaining, but pretty bare and uninteresting after the first playthrough. I haven't played TPS yet. Tales is still too early to make a final decision on it, though I will say that if Tales keeps going like Episode 1 then it could easily top BL2 in my eyes.

1. BL2
    2. Tales
    3. Pre-Sequel
    4. BL1
  • edited December 2014

I think pre-sequel is really good. Personally I prefer BL2 over it mostly because its bigger in terms of content wise. I still really enjoyed pre-sequel tho :p Definitely a lot of fun.

JByrne posted: »

I actually feel like of the mainstream BL games, the pre-sequel is kind of my favourite overall? I think everything is a lot more cohesive,

• people rating bl1 last.. seriously? did you play it for 2 hours or something?

• Well... it has its fair share of problems, but I agree with you. In my opinion it's still better than than the Pre-Sequel, which was a huge disappointment for me.

people rating bl1 last.. seriously? did you play it for 2 hours or something?

• I played it for few days. Didn't like it

• CathalOHaraCathalOHara Moderator
    edited December 2014
    1. Borderlands 2
    2. The Pre-Sequel
    3. Borderlands

I'll hold off on putting Tales on here until all five episodes are out. As of now, we only have one-fifth of the game.

• edited December 2014

Actually, I think I might bite the bullet and say Tales is my favourite.

Like, I really like Game of Thrones so far, but this cycle, I am really nutso for Tales. Part one genuinely actually feels like they've compressed all the twists and turns, climax and series 2 cliff-hanger of a whole season into the arc of a premier episode. Even by itself it feels incredibly satisfying, and I'm sure part of the mission-statement of the series is to have escalations in action that seem completely crazy.

So like, on the strength of that, I'm bumping up Tales.

This might all turn to ashes in my mouth, but I'm pretty confident at the mo'. :P

• Agreed. Borderlands 2 is my favorite shooter and will probably stay like that for a while, but Tales from the Borderlands can easily become my favorite Borderlands game in general. Borderlands has such good story telling abilities and Telltale is really using it to their advantage.

Actually, I think I might bite the bullet and say Tales is my favourite. Like, I really like Game of Thrones so far, but this cycle, I a

• bit off topic but anyone here have a 360 and wanna co op TPS?

• I do. Are the Xbox Live servers still down?

zeke10 posted: »

bit off topic but anyone here have a 360 and wanna co op TPS?

• idk i'll check in a min

I do. Are the Xbox Live servers still down?

• worked for me

zeke10 posted: »

idk i'll check in a min

• I played bl1 and finished all the quests including dlc. It was good but I still put it last.

• "A day will come when you think yourself safe and happy, and suddenly your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth, and you'll know the debt is paid."

Actually, I think I might bite the bullet and say Tales is my favourite. Like, I really like Game of Thrones so far, but this cycle, I a

• what this game of throne trion quote has to do with anything

Charlieh65 posted: »

"A day will come when you think yourself safe and happy, and suddenly your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth, and you'll know the debt is paid."

• *Tyrion not trion lol

what this game of throne trion quote has to do with anything

• I need to wait until TFTBD is out but for now its B2

• Tales is Great, But I prefer the Gameplay of BL2

• edited December 2014

I've played all the games in order but I'm just in love with Tales so far.

1.Tales

2.BL2

3.Tie between BL1 and PS (each having an issue where I got somewhat bored before the ending (leading to my brother/friend having to push me to beat the final boss))

• Also I love the atmosphere of the game. The darker hues and neon highlights, the electronic soundtrack.

This is actually one of my favourite aspects of TPS, which I think really gets overlooked with all the (IMO unnecessary) hate the game gets.

Elpis is stunning, the colour palette, the landscapes, the interiors - all those moody purples and icy blues, juxtaposed against the bubbling lava and endless expanse of darkness - even though they reused the BL2 engine, it still felt so far away from Pandora...

This fan-made cinematic really shows off Elpis' beauty:

I actually feel like of the mainstream BL games, the pre-sequel is kind of my favourite overall? I think everything is a lot more cohesive,

• Borderlands 2, it did much to add to the universe and gave several characters much needed depth.

Plus it gave us Handsome Jack.

Liked the Pre-Sequel too, because of Nisha.

• Borderlands 2. It's unfair to say Tales, considering the fact that it's not finished yet. It's possible that telltale will fuck it up like they did with Walking Dead Season 2.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.