So, apparently. .

After taking a look at the Tales From Borderlands game page on here, it mentions "who is telling the truth and why is it important?" I'm guessing this likely refers to how Fiona and Rhys are arguing in the scene prior to Fiona telling her side of the story.

Assuming this is the case, which would you rather be telling the "truth"? In other words, if this was "one was the hero" and the "other is a villain", then who would you prefer to be each?

tl;dr: would you rather have Fiona/Rhys being the hero or villian?

Comments

• InGen_Nate_KennyInGen_Nate_Kenny Moderator
    edited January 2015

Rhys being the villain. He takes Loader Bot, kidnaps Sasha as his bride, and becomes 'Handsome Rhys'. Fiona and Vaughn attempt to change him, but fail. Rhys wins the game.

• Handsome Rhys

Best Name Ever

Rhys being the villain. He takes Loader Bot, kidnaps Sasha as his bride, and becomes 'Handsome Rhys'. Fiona and Vaughn attempt to change him, but fail. Rhys wins the game.

• 11/10 would play.

• I really like them both in their own regard and I really hope it doesn't come down to them trying to kill each other. But If it does, I am sure telltale will make it an enjoyable experience.

• If this happens, which totally sounds like a TellTale move, I'm not saying I'm Team Rhys, but I'm definitely Team Rhys.

Scytheslay posted: »

I really like them both in their own regard and I really hope it doesn't come down to them trying to kill each other. But If it does, I am sure telltale will make it an enjoyable experience.

• I think they will each be antagonists to each others stories.

Look at Rhys in his story with Blow His Mind or Break His Heart. He's making himself look as good as possible. Or Fiona with the tea party.

I think it will come down to the interrogator shooting Rhys/Fiona depending on who made themselves look better.

• because of the HJ thing i feel like Rhys will be the villain and Fiona will be the hero.

• i like your idea :)

I think they will each be antagonists to each others stories. Look at Rhys in his story with Blow His Mind or Break His Heart. He's makin

• Thanks.

ChocoHallic posted: »

i like your idea

• I think they are Both, Both. If that makes sense. I mean, neither of them could really be considered a 'good guy', they're both liars, thieves and con men/women. But they are our protagonists, and they're both hilarious and ridiculously badass and that makes them our heros.

But if i must choose, id go with Fiona. Cause i just cant trust Handsome Jack.

• Moral ambiguity is Borderlands' bread and butter, so I personally hope that there is no clear villain or hero:

Alt text

• "..I guess that makes me the villain in this story."

Rhys admits to it in Episode 1, even before the Handsome Jack reveal. Although by that point it might be Handsome Jack talking through his Rhys meat puppet, since the opening of the game is in the future. Rhys might no longer be Rhys, which might also why he was shouting (fake?) apologies to Fiona before getting captured. Maybe he had already betrayed Fiona at that point.

• edited January 2015

I really don't think it will be who will come out as the better,it most likely the ending will be unexpected twist,like in the movies Ocean Eleven or Steal.This isn't a gritty and dark story like GoT or TWD,Borderlands is a goofy action packed series.

• Rhys meat puppet

ಠ_ಠ

Scaeva posted: »

"..I guess that makes me the villain in this story." Rhys admits to it in Episode 1, even before the Handsome Jack reveal. Although by th

• ...With a lot of deaths. I don't think they'll both survive and it looks like they'll end up fighting.

Herodriver posted: »

I really don't think it will be who will come out as the better,it most likely the ending will be unexpected twist,like in the movies Ocean

• I'd love Rhys as the hero because no one would see that coming :P

• They should both be the heroes. In separate endings they narrate that could not possibly both happen.

And then it fades to black with them bickering. THE END

• Fighting sure,but one of them die is very unlikely,maybe either Vaughn or Sasha will but it likely be some sort of "fake death".

BullseyeRey posted: »

...With a lot of deaths. I don't think they'll both survive and it looks like they'll end up fighting.

• Totally awesome idea! I love it! :D

Tale posted: »

They should both be the heroes. In separate endings they narrate that could not possibly both happen. And then it fades to black with them bickering. THE END

• I was actually a bit worried about that - I don't know if future!Rhys (the one being dragged through the desert) is just the same Rhys who got cooler/more stylish ("It IS a nice haircut!!!) or - as you said - a meat puppet.

"..I guess that makes me the villain in this story." Rhys admits to it in Episode 1, even before the Handsome Jack reveal. Although by th

• Actually he says that when he mentions he worked for Hyperion not saying he was explaining the villain side.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.