So how many people get the Rhys combat joke?

He tries to punch someone and breaks his hand.

He tries to strange someone and CAN'T.

But he has a FRIGGING METAL ARM. One which is possibly super-strong.

Which he NEVER USES.

Comments

• he's left handed

• True. But it makes it even funnier - why the heck did he get an implant for the hand he does't use

zeke10 posted: »

he's left handed

• It has his computer hologram thing in it I wouldn't go bashing it on stuff.

• His inability to strangle someone made Jack's "did you think you could follow in my footsteps?" line particularly apt.

Pfft. He probably doesn't even know the difference between choking and strangling!

• Beside the [Break his heart] scene, which turns out to be fake, I think that Rhys' robot arm doesn't really give him enhanced strength. Like other members has said, he is left-handed. Also, his arm is useful to analyse, hacking, control robots and contact other people, so I wouldn't really use it as a weapon.

Of course, Telltale can always prove me wrong and show that the arm can do a lot more cooler stuff.

• He probably lost it in an accident. You usually don't have to choice in which hand you're going to lose. I doubt anyone would go get a fake arm just for the hell of it.

darlingno posted: »

True. But it makes it even funnier - why the heck did he get an implant for the hand he does't use

• What happens in that scene? I chose the other one...
    And so far no one I subbed is playing that game yet...

Beside the [Break his heart] scene, which turns out to be fake, I think that Rhys' robot arm doesn't really give him enhanced strength. Like

• edited November 2014

He puts his hand through Augusts chest, takes his heart to his hand and says "Looks like he had a change of heart." :D

Vold posted: »

What happens in that scene? I chose the other one... And so far no one I subbed is playing that game yet...

• you new to borderlands then? gaige cut her arm off for retarded reasones, and for digistracking her bot into her arm

He probably lost it in an accident. You usually don't have to choice in which hand you're going to lose. I doubt anyone would go get a fake arm just for the hell of it.

• he literally used to smash the controls of the place if you choise to, but when he actually need to use it fight he use his real arm, well i guess he wasnt ment to live in pandora

It has his computer hologram thing in it I wouldn't go bashing it on stuff.

• eric is this you

His inability to strangle someone made Jack's "did you think you could follow in my footsteps?" line particularly apt. Pfft. He probably doesn't even know the difference between choking and strangling!

• Nope, sorry.

eric is this you

• Plus, she has the weakest melee damage even though she has a robo arm (read that somewhere).

you new to borderlands then? gaige cut her arm off for retarded reasones, and for digistracking her bot into her arm

• I did the hacking on the controls so I didn't know about that maybe it is durable and I agree he does not fit in on Pandora.

he literally used to smash the controls of the place if you choise to, but when he actually need to use it fight he use his real arm, well i guess he wasnt ment to live in pandora

• Well, I guess you should play it again and make different choices. I also don't know what happens if I [Break his Heart]. ^^ And I don't wann know untill I play it again... I think that's the purpose of this games, right? ;)

Vold posted: »

What happens in that scene? I chose the other one... And so far no one I subbed is playing that game yet...

• Well, yeah, that could be a sad story. But why NOT get a fake arm? I mean, that's exactly what would Borderlands characters do, just for the hell of it

He probably lost it in an accident. You usually don't have to choice in which hand you're going to lose. I doubt anyone would go get a fake arm just for the hell of it.

• She's also a young girl, doesn't have much of a swing.

m0rla posted: »

Plus, she has the weakest melee damage even though she has a robo arm (read that somewhere).

• Yeah I love this. It makes him look cool BUT HE DOESN'T EVEN USE IT.

I've started playing Borderlands but I'm pretty new to the universe so from what I can gather, he lost it somehow and got a robotic arm because he works at Hyperion.

Having a awesome arm like that but not using it in combat is pretty funny, especially when he's such a wimp.

• I really hope we'll get to know how he lost his arm though. Well, a backstory in general would be nice

• Rhys just forgot to put his skill point into Power Fist, once he got it the game will never be the same anymore.

• harrisonpinkharrisonpink Telltale Alumni

Why would you replace your dominant arm? I definitely wouldn't!

True. But it makes it even funnier - why the heck did he get an implant for the hand he does't use

• You make a good point.

Well, yeah, that could be a sad story. But why NOT get a fake arm? I mean, that's exactly what would Borderlands characters do, just for the hell of it

• I've played the first few games, but i havent played TFTBL yet so I'm not sure how he lost his arm.

you new to borderlands then? gaige cut her arm off for retarded reasones, and for digistracking her bot into her arm

• /snorts

Hahaha.

eric is this you

• He probably got it so that he would get the promotion he was gunning for early in the game. A cybernetic arm and ECHO Eye can do a helluva lot more than a puny, squishy human arm and normal, organic eye ever could. They probably weren't NECESSARY, but I bet they helped.

I really hope we'll get to know how he lost his arm though. Well, a backstory in general would be nice

• He uses that arm to hack stuff and examine things. Maybe he doesn't want to risk breaking it or something. :P I don't know.

• The robot arm is massively more useful at hacking, examining, map, flashlight, controlling LoaderBot and possibly other useful stuff. I wouldn't want to risk damaging it and lose all these features.

He uses that arm to hack stuff and examine things. Maybe he doesn't want to risk breaking it or something. :P I don't know.

• Yeah but it would be stronger

Why would you replace your dominant arm? I definitely wouldn't!

• He wanted to run Hyperion with an iron fist.

Rock114 posted: »

He probably got it so that he would get the promotion he was gunning for early in the game. A cybernetic arm and ECHO Eye can do a helluva l

• Might I remind you all of a similarly prosthetic arm haver that used his arm too much?

Alt text

• Ba... Dun TISH!

Dapnee posted: »

He wanted to run Hyperion with an iron fist.

• Goddammit, I read that as 'fleshlight'.

The internet has ruined me... >_<

The robot arm is massively more useful at hacking, examining, map, flashlight, controlling LoaderBot and possibly other useful stuff. I wouldn't want to risk damaging it and lose all these features.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.