Details that people might forget, don't notice or just don't know about, The Wolf Among Us

Comments

• Wow. That is a great find!

Schornforce posted: »

The names of creators of the Fables comics are sprinkled about: In the Butcher's shop, one of the sandwiches listed is a "Willingham and ch

• The names of creators of the Fables comics are sprinkled about: In the Butcher's shop, one of the sandwiches listed is a "Willingham and cheese" referencing Bill Willingham.

Buckingham Bridge refers to Mark Buckingham, the regular illustrator.

Leialoha perfume is referring to Steve Leialoha, illustrator of the first volume of the series.

• Just noting this, as while watching various YouTube videos where people play the game, I don't think anyone noticed this, but Crane was likely not going to stop with the Snow glamour. In the episode 3 preview, he had a glamour tube, more hair was being sent to Aunty Greenleaf and he was meeting with her later, and he had a Snow photo in his jacket. Unrepentant, despite his sniveling.

• edited January 2015

I think I broke the case open, sorry to TellTale and anyone else who may be sad about this Spoiler;

First of all, with the question about if Faith is Glamoured as Nerissa or if Nerissa is Glamoured as Faith, when you talk to the Woodsman about him "seeing" Lily, he says Lily sent another girl to cover for her a couple of times, and after you trash the club, just before you talk to Nerissa for the first time, you can pick up a note off the floor from Lily to Faith, which says "Thanks for covering for me again" which tells us that Faith knows the Woodsman, she has "serviced" him before, yet at the beginning Faith says she doesn't know who he is, she should but doesn't, this means that Faith is not Faith at the beginning. So Lily had a date with the Woodsman but a Crane job came up and she had to ask Faith to cover for her, Faith said yes and Lily wrote a note thanking her, this means that Georgie planned to kill Lily, and at this point or very soon after all 3 girls were dead, leaving Mary to show up for Faith/Lily appointment with the Woodsman posing as Faith, but Mary did not know who the Woodsman was, Faith should have known who he was, she had filled in for Lily with him before. This is why the Woodsman is angry; maybe he knew Faith wasn't Faith, or maybe he was just insulted that she forgot who he was, he remembers her and expects her to remember him.

The way it goes is that Faith, Lily and Nerissa wanted to blackmail their way out of working at the club, so stole Cranes Snow/Lily pictures, Georgie would have let them go except to do that he would have to release them from the ribbon spell, and the only way to do that was to kill Vivian, the original Girl with the Ribbon, but he was in love with her and realised it was either her or these 3 girls, he chose to kill the three girls(kissed the girls and made them cry). At the hotel room he killed Lily, she was the hardest to kill, Faith was just a normal woman/Fable who did not need a Glamour, so likely did not have access to a Witch at all, Nerissa is the Little Mermaid, Glamours her legs, but also easy to kill, Lily however is a frign Troll, Georgie could not hope to kill her easily as he is just a normal human/Fable, so while Crane was doing his "thing" and she pretended(or perhaps was drugged as per the tract marks on her leg) to be asleep (as per the Snow White story) that is when either Georgie or Crane (on Georgie's bidding) pulled the ribbon. Nerissa says in Bigby's office "Huff and Puffs, not many people smoke them" but Georgie does, he has a Huff and Puff cigarette machine at the club, a Huff and Puff cigarette is found at the crime scene, so Georgie was at least there, if not to kill Lily then to make sure Crane did and to help move the body.

Next I will explain the case of Crooked Man's guilt, or rather innocence; Georgie's motive to kill the girls was to save Vivian, not an order from Crooked, so he is clear of that charge. Then he was charged with slavery, but it is revealed that Crooked Man never went to the Butcher shop, so he wouldn't really be expected to know what was going on there, the Butcher says Bloody Mary is the real Butcher, she is the one guilty of slavery, the Crooked Man just wanted cheap spells made for Fabletown, he wanted to help the poor, not do what Mary was doing, she did that so her cut could be bigger. Then there is Jersey; he was charging exorbitant interest rates on loans, again I suspect that was his call, not Crooked's, Crooked calls Beauty and Beast his employees at the trial, they think they were being strong armed by him but he seems to think they had a fair deal, it was Jersey who did that to them, not Crooked. Then the Tweedle's; They had the photo until the girls stole it, the brothers told Georgie and he confronted the girls and the photo is what the brothers were looking for all the time but Georgie had it, Crane was embezzling money to pay them off, they were blackmailing him out of Fabletown's budget to keep quiet about his "massages" and association with Crooked, Crooked himself was only using Crane in a political way, to help smooth over deals around town. All in all the only real crime Crooked did was attempted murder, twice, on Bigby, but he says that was a misunderstanding, the alley he spared him, in the Central Park door it was his goons that rushed him, it was really only when Mary attacked at the foundry that Crooked made no attempt to stop her, he says "When you are done here I will be in my office" it is ambiguous as to if he is talking to Bigby or Mary, maybe both or whoever wins. Both Tiny Tim and Fly Catcher say good things about Crooked and his operation, these two seem a bit gullible but they aren't idiots, they pay attention to what is going on.

Now the big reveal, to tie it all together; At the end Nerissa says "You are not as bad as they say you are" this places Nerissa as Faith, but also as he is flashing back on the conversations you catch "See you around, Wolf" this places Mary as Faith, and if you notice when Faith waves goodbye to Bigby she does a two fingered salute, when Mary shoots Bigby in the alley and spares him she waves goodbye...with a two fingered salute. Mary was both Faith and Nerissa all along, Georgie killed all three girls from the start and made a deal with Mary that she can pose as Faith and Narissa, but their plan was to bring down Crooked; Georgie and Vivian used to own the club but lost it to Crooked, they wanted him gone so they could have it back, the Tweedle's and Jersey may have been worried Crooked would catch them in their schemes, as Nerissa Mary implies that she knows what Jersey was doing to Beauty and Beast, through Georgie Mary knew about the photo and likely found out what the Tweedle's were doing to Crane, it is possible Mary threatened to tell Crooked if they didn't help her when she needed it. At the fight with Bigby at the foundry the red tattoos on her arms glowed as she changed from Mary to Bloody Mary, in lore it is said that Bloody Mary is a high level Witch, if anyone knows Glamour it is her, the tattoos are spells that make her able to shift to any appearance.

The big thing about the game is Glamour, but not all Fables need Glamour; Snow is very upset about what Crane was doing with Lily, Snow passes as human without a Glamour, that is her real self, if not she wouldn't be so angry. Georgie, Faith, Beauty, Tiny Tim, the Woodsman, none of them need a Glamour, only animals and monsters need it, normal animals like Colin not so much, but weird animals like Toad do, and certainly Trolls and Grendel. I think Bigby is a Werewolf who can shift between human and beast form at will and also doesn't need a Glamour.

Anyway, that is my conclusion of the case; Bloody Mary is "The Wolf Among Us" manipulating things all Keyser Soze style, her ribbon isn't real, she could say anything she wanted at any time but did the "These lips are sealed" as an act. The only other option is that Vivian was Glamoured as Nerissa, even when it was safe to take the ribbon off she refused to, if it was Vivian taking it off would kill her. The ribbon stops Vivian and the girls from telling the truth, but who is to say they cannot lie? Which would mean everything she said to Bigby at the end was more confusion. In this case both the Girl with the Ribbon and the Little Mermaid were in it together, playing Georgie for a sucker; he thought Vivian was the Girl with the Ribbon when in fact she was the Little Mermaid, Nerissa was the real Girl with the Ribbon, and the Little Mermaid kills herself out of guilt at the end, the Girl with the Ribbon goes on to talk to Bigby as Nerissa. But this idea has to completely ignore any connections I made to Mary, which would be hard for me at the moment but I think it is possible. The fight between Mary and Bigby at the end shows all the Mary's shattering like glass, the real Mary would be flesh and blood like most other Fables, this suggests she is still alive.

• Doubt Maary would allow Woody to beat up on her like that.

• It's quite curious that "the blood" in room 207 supposedly is from Lily with the ribbon removal but when Vivian pulls her ribbon, there was not much blood at all.

Room 207

Vivian's suicide

• edited January 2015

When you first go into the PnP, there are two posters of performers (presumably for the PnP) Morgana and Adonis. Neither of them have the ribbon on.

the Puddin' & Pie

• That picture of Nerissa and Snow would have been taken when Nerissa came to see Bigby after the alleyway scene where he was shot, he went up to Beauty and Beasts apartment while Snow went to do something else, probably talked to Nerissa and walked her out of the building.

• edited January 2015

She planned to make a scene with Woody, it was so Bigby would have something to go on when he found her head, just having her name from the book due to her ring wouldn't tell him enough, he had to know she was a hooker. Mary took one for the team, she was being Faith, she couldn't blow her cover.

One thing I'm not sure of is if Georgie smokes Huff and Puffs, I presume he does, but I know that Crane doesn't smoke.

Another thing is that Faith and Nerissa are seen with or near a mirror most of the time.

pcharl01 posted: »

Doubt Maary would allow Woody to beat up on her like that.

• edited January 2015

I don't know if anyone has said this, but I think Swineheart is one of Colin's brothers, Swine is another word for a pig, two out of three of every option to respond to him he answers back to Bigby with an attitude, and the other one he huffs. He tells Bigby to eat chicken, a subtle stab at Bigby for eating pork. One of the options after the alleyway shooting while Doc is operating on the silver, Bigby can say "Stay Snow, I don't trust this guy" and when Doc leaves he speaks down to Colin in a way that suggests they have history and maybe that he is disappointed with Colin for being friends with Bigby. Just a few observations.

• There is so much blood on the Bed because the body was dragged off, making a trail

It's quite curious that "the blood" in room 207 supposedly is from Lily with the ribbon removal but when Vivian pulls her ribbon, there was not much blood at all. Room 207 Vivian's suicide

• He isnt, he was a doctor who's heart was replaced with a pig's heart, hence the name

• Here are some 'observations' I guess, of TWAU foreshadowing Fables in some way:

• The tension with Snow and Bigby is an obvious foreshadow of their love in Fables.
    • Rachel kinda looks like Snow and Bigby's eldest daughter Winter (except Winter has pale skin like Snow and darker eyes)
    • The Tweedle's Office has a file on Cinderella, it states that she is in Eastern Europe according to her shop assistant Crispin, this is a reference to Cinderella: Fables Are Forever, it begins with Cindy on a mission in Eastern Europe during the winter of 1986 (TWAU is set in 1986)
    • Bluebeard interrogating Dee/Woodsman is a reference to his interrogation of Jack Horner in Fables Volume 1.

That's all I can think of atm, maybe you fine ppl can add to it? XD

• You think that's it? Idk even if you moved Vivian around, the pool of blood does not seem it would make the same type of mess. My thought is being a troll pumps more blood than humaniod fables.

Poogers555 posted: »

There is so much blood on the Bed because the body was dragged off, making a trail

• Yeah, I believe both Colin's brothers are on the farm and part of the Animal Farm storyline in the comics.

• Okay, I haven't read the comics and I haven't heard of that Fable, fair enough.

He isnt, he was a doctor who's heart was replaced with a pig's heart, hence the name

• edited January 2015

I think Faith (or whoever was pretending to be her) was looking for the photo, she was searching Woody for it not looking for $100. So she must have thought Lily left the photo with Woody and was hoping he would give it up to one of Lily's friends.

So it seems to me that both Mary and the Tweedle's were looking for the photo but Mary managed to find it first then as Nerissa left it at the hotel for Bigby to find. I still don't know where she found it, I think maybe Georgie found it with the girls when he killed them but now I'm not so sure.

I think Beauty may have known more than she said but wanted to help without anyone knowing her part, she knew the girls and she had access to the rooms, she may have lied about not having access to 207 so she wouldn't be a suspect. She said she didn't see anyone or anything strange, yet Georgie and Crane would of had to move Lily's body and she would have noticed that, but she lied, maybe out of fear, then left the photo for Bigby out of guilt.

Now that I think about it, I don't think Mary wanted Bigby to find the photo, she wanted to work with Crane after Crooked was gone and so wanted him to keep his job as Deputy Mayor, but I think Beauty left the photo and Bigby found it, Crane was done for and Mary put him on a train out of town.

With Faith and Nerissa always with or near a mirror, I think they were Mary and she was watching what others are doing, she can use any mirror to see things, not need Mirror on the Wall.

• They probably just didn't want it to look so gory, decapitation is messy but they didn't want it to be so violent. I think it is just the game designers toning it down.

You think that's it? Idk even if you moved Vivian around, the pool of blood does not seem it would make the same type of mess. My thought is being a troll pumps more blood than humaniod fables.

• The three girls, Faith, Nerissa and Lily, wanted to steal the photo from the Tweedles that they were blackmailing Crane with, once they stole it they told Georgie to set them free, but the only way he could do that was by killing Vivian, but he was in love with her and decided to kill them 3 instead. After that Georgie still needed to get the photo back so he was working with Mary to find it, the Tweedles were looking for it also. Mary Glamoured herself as Faith in the beginning because she thought the Woodsman had it, that Lily gave it to him, but he didn't have it, she was looking for the photo not $100. The thing is Faith and the Woodsman know each other, Faith had "covered" for Lily before, but Mary as Faith didn't know who the Woodsman was, and that pissed him off and he beat her up. Later the Tweedles ransacked Woodys apartment looking for the photo also.

The truth is Crane fired Fly Catcher, more that he sent Fly Catcher to steal the photo from the Tweedles, he did but instead of giving the photo to Crane he gave it to Beauty, she was friends with Faith, Nerissa and Lily and they all decided to use it to be free from the club and Beauty needed it for her debts. But when the other 3 were murdered Beauty was scared, she probably seen Georgie and Crane move Lily's body but kept her mouth shut in case she was next, but she left the photo in 207 for Bigby to find out of guilt and because she had no other option, if the bad guys found out she had the photo she would be dead.

Mary didn't want Bigby to find the photo, she just wanted Crooked gone so she could take over, she wanted to work with Crane so was trying to protect him. So when Mary as Nerissa sent Bigby to the hotel she didn't expect him to find the photo, just the cigarette that would lead Bigby to Georgie then on to Crooked, Georgie was going to say he was ordered by Crooked to kill the girls, but he wasn't, he murdered them to protect Vivian not because Crooked told him to, Crooked was innocent. Mary was running a slave at the butcher, Jersey was charging high interest rates on loans, Georgie had a Ponzi scheme running on the girls and the Tweedles were blackmailing Crane, Crooked had no idea all his goons were doing this, he thought he was helping Fabletown but his goons were destroying it.

• Fly Catcher used to work as a cleaner in the Woodlands apartments, that is how he knew Beauty, he says later that Crane fired him, I think Crane wanted Fly Catcher to find the photo, the Tweedles were using the photo to blackmail Crane out of Fabletown money, Crane thought Crooked Man was blackmailing him but the Tweedles were doing it without Crooked knowing.

Raytrek posted: »

The three girls, Faith, Nerissa and Lily, wanted to steal the photo from the Tweedles that they were blackmailing Crane with, once they stol

• edited January 2015

In EP1, when you go into the kitchen to get water for Lawrence and do nothing, Snow says, "Did you find it yet?". And if you walk back with no water, Snow says, "Where's the...You didn't get it?" and Bigby shrugs.

In EP3, if you remain silent after Snow tells you to burn Aunty Greenleaf's tree, Snow says, "Okay, I guess I see where I stand with you" and then you leave right away. Snow won't get a remembrance notice and the tree doesn't get burned.

In EP5, before the fight with Bloody Mary, if you remain silent, she says, "You planning on killing me with your eyeballs?". And if you don't do anything to attack Mary first, she'll say, "This is just sad".

If you always hurt Georgie throughout the game and then hurt him one last time in EP5, he'll say, "At least you're consistent".

The Crooked Man calls Georgie, "George" at one point in EP5.

According to the music files, two themes were specifically written for The Crooked Man's fate. One's called "CrookedManDead" and the other is "CrookedManAlive".

• I found something really funny, but I'll make it into a video to capture its true glory

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wyvre8xF4b0&feature=youtu.be

After this very awkward talk to a window, Snow will make Bigby stop

• lol

If this was the comics after issue 50, Snow would be like "Honey, the door's open..."

Biggs would be awkward like "Yeah..."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wyvre8xF4b0&feature=youtu.be After this very awkward talk to a window, Snow will make Bigby stop

• Haha. It's like Bigby thinks he's not listening to him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wyvre8xF4b0&feature=youtu.be After this very awkward talk to a window, Snow will make Bigby stop

• The Crooked Man also refers to him as Mr Porgie at one point.

In EP1, when you go into the kitchen to get water for Lawrence and do nothing, Snow says, "Did you find it yet?". And if you walk back with

• The cover picture for episode 2 has Nerissa smoking a cigarette and Georgie standing behind her with his arms crossed; Nerissa isn't wearing a ribbon.

When you first go into the PnP, there are two posters of performers (presumably for the PnP) Morgana and Adonis. Neither of them have the ribbon on. the Puddin' & Pie

• He actually says "It was Mr Georgie Porgie who committed those killings, not me!"

Raytrek posted: »

The Crooked Man also refers to him as Mr Porgie at one point.

• Actually Snow only wants him thrown down the Witching Well. She always disagrees with Greenleaf.

If you throw him down the Witching Well or rip his head off she looks sadly down and says 'Bigby?' concerned. If you kill him at the foundery she makes herself very clear.

• In the comics Colin and the two other pigs are said to be cousins. In the game Bigby refers to them as brothers when looking at the book of fables.

• In the Dee chase, if you dont tap Q, Bigby will do a really weird Role under the couch

• I gotta see this now XD

In the Dee chase, if you dont tap Q, Bigby will do a really weird Role under the couch

• edited January 2015

Alt text

HazzatheMan posted: »

I gotta see this now XD

• The barrel-roll changes slightly if you do press Q but don't finish.

• And they call Crane a creep.

I didn't notice this till recently, but Bigby has a picture of Red Riding Hood on his wall.

• lol kinda bending the laws of physics here. The couch would immediately come crashing down on him before he moves under it or at the very least the beginning of his roll the second he lets go of the couch.

• Dude it's Bigby :P

DoubleJump posted: »

lol kinda bending the laws of physics here. The couch would immediately come crashing down on him before he moves under it or at the very least the beginning of his roll the second he lets go of the couch.

• Its fine, he used the boost to get through

DoubleJump posted: »

lol kinda bending the laws of physics here. The couch would immediately come crashing down on him before he moves under it or at the very least the beginning of his roll the second he lets go of the couch.

• edited February 2015

Crap

Sign in to comment in this discussion.