Game of thrones doesn't work

I get a small window with faces that move, but no game start

Comments

• TelltaleMikeTelltaleMike Former Telltale Staff

I apologize for the inconvenience, please read this Sticky on how to run our Support Tool, and follow the steps to run the tool, and reply here with the download link copied and pasted into a reply. You can find the Sticky here:

http://www.telltalegames.com/community/discussion/87544/got-support-tool

After receiving the information from your support tool, I will be able to assist you further.

• Count yourself lucky! I tried playing Game of Thrones twice and it just gave me a blank black screen and caused my computer to freeze up on me. I had to turn off and on my computer the bad way. Here's my link with the support data I got from the tool provided:

https://www.sendspace.com/file/zlgadk

After looking over your support tool information, your computer should be able to run the game successfully. I noticed it is installed on your E:\ drive. Can you please clarify if you install it to your C:\ drive, that you are able to start the game successfully?

Count yourself lucky! I tried playing Game of Thrones twice and it just gave me a blank black screen and caused my computer to freeze up on

• Hi telltale,
    Just trident purchase one off game (episode 2 GOT) and instead got the season pass, it it now saying purchased not downloaded can you please help me with this.

• Just to clarify, this problem is on xbox 360

winter23593 posted: »

Hi telltale, Just trident purchase one off game (episode 2 GOT) and instead got the season pass, it it now saying purchased not downloaded can you please help me with this.

I apologize for the inconvenience, Episode 2 of Game of Thrones is not yet available. If you purchased the Season Pass, Episode 2 is included within the Season Pass (Episodes 2-6) and will be available to download once the second episode is available. If you would rather inquire about a refund for your Season Pass purchase, please contact Microsoft Support for further assistance with that particular request.

Just to clarify, this problem is on xbox 360

• I downloaded Game of Thrones on my PS3 and it doesn't work. It keeps freezing and locks up my whole system. I'm extremely sure the problem is not with my PS3 because all my other games work. It's a problem with Game of Thrones.

• Thankyou Mike, it is not clear that this is not available (for future rereference), can you give me a date as to when this episode will be available for download?
    Thanks again.
    Sam.

I apologize for the inconvenience, Episode 2 of Game of Thrones is not yet available. If you purchased the Season Pass, Episode 2 is include

If you are experiencing any freezing or crashing issues with your downloaded game, you may have received an incomplete or corrupted download file. I recommend deleting and re-downloading the game from the Playstation Store, then start the game again, and see if your issue is resolved.

I downloaded Game of Thrones on my PS3 and it doesn't work. It keeps freezing and locks up my whole system. I'm extremely sure the problem is not with my PS3 because all my other games work. It's a problem with Game of Thrones.

• I've done that already and the issue is not resolved.

If you are experiencing any freezing or crashing issues with your downloaded game, you may have received an incomplete or corrupted download

We have not yet announced a release date for Episode 2. For the latest news and announcements, please check out our Blog, Facebook and Twitter. Stay tuned there for updates!

Blog: http://www.telltalegames.com/blog/

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/telltalegames

Twitter: https://twitter.com/telltalegames

Thankyou Mike, it is not clear that this is not available (for future rereference), can you give me a date as to when this episode will be available for download? Thanks again. Sam.

• i have installed game of thrones on my pc and on the menu it shows a black outline on each character and i thought it was only for there so i played it and all the characters had a dark black outline and pretty much everything else. i tried uninstalling it and installing.

• I am having the same problem and I think the confusion is because on the game (xbox 360 version) every episode but number one says coming soon but yesterday episode 2 changed to now available so i also purchased a season pass and now it comes up saying purchased but not downloaded yet the other episodes still say coming soon, and when trying to download episode 2 there is no confirmation button, from reading your comment i now understand it hasn't been released yet but that it stated otherwise in the game causing a mix up

We have not yet announced a release date for Episode 2. For the latest news and announcements, please check out our Blog, Facebook and Twitt

I apologize for any difficulties this has caused you, please read this Sticky on how to run our Support Tool, and follow the steps to run the tool, and reply here with the download link copied and pasted into a reply. You can find the Sticky here:

http://www.telltalegames.com/community/discussion/87544/got-support-tool

After receiving the information from your support tool, I will be able to assist you further.

braveguts2 posted: »

i have installed game of thrones on my pc and on the menu it shows a black outline on each character and i thought it was only for there so

• I still can't play my game on the PS3. I don't know what else to try I've done all the suggestions.

• My PC version of the GoT game keeps crashing when I die. If I die during the game, the screen goes black and will not respond. The background music is still playing but nothing else will work. If i use the Esc button it brings up the settings menu and will let me exit back to the main menu but gives no option to continue from my last save point. After getting back to the Main Menu the only option I have it to start the game over from the very beginning. What could be causing the problem when I die and also is there option i'm not seeing to continue my previous game from the main menu without having to start back from the begining? I've already run the diagnostic tool here's what it found.
    https://www.sendspace.com/file/bmn06k

Please help

• I'm having similar issues with purchasing episode 2 on xbox live for my 360. I downloaded the season pass today and played episode 1. When I access the downloadable content from within the game, it states that episode 2 is available. When I click on episode 2 to download, it shows a red circle with a cross through it instead of "confirm". There is no way to download that episode....please advise.

• Same here, did you find out the cause/solution?

clmach73 posted: »

My PC version of the GoT game keeps crashing when I die. If I die during the game, the screen goes black and will not respond. The backgroun

• No answers yet, still hoping some one will answer my original post though...

Same here, did you find out the cause/solution?

• I got the season pass on xbox 360 and it says i purchased it but when i go to download it a red circle pops up and wont let me download it i see many similar comments but you didnt answer the xbox people.

• They're not answering me either.

jlucciano posted: »

I got the season pass on xbox 360 and it says i purchased it but when i go to download it a red circle pops up and wont let me download it i see many similar comments but you didnt answer the xbox people.

Can you please clarify if you are playing the Episode 1 Demo/Trial version, or if you have purchased and downloaded the Full Game Episode 1, or the Season Pass for the game?

I've done that already and the issue is not resolved.

@jlucciano Can you please clarify which file you are attempting to download where you are seeing the red circle pop up? The Episode 1 download, or the Season Pass download?

jlucciano posted: »

I got the season pass on xbox 360 and it says i purchased it but when i go to download it a red circle pops up and wont let me download it i see many similar comments but you didnt answer the xbox people.

My apologies, please note that Episode 2 is not yet available. If you are seeing the episode as available to download in-game it is unfortunately an error with Microsoft changing it to available too early. For the latest information on the release date for Episode 2, please check out the Episode 2 Release Date Thread.

_BrennanR_ posted: »

I'm having similar issues with purchasing episode 2 on xbox live for my 360. I downloaded the season pass today and played episode 1. When I

• I have downloaded the season pass for PC through the telltale store and have completed episode 1 but it still says episode 2 is "purchased but not downloaded".

• I have a Mac Season Pass which I bought before Christmas and played Episode 1. Now though I'm unsure how to get the new episode? This might be me being completely blind but it seems like I have to re-download the entire game just to get episode 2. Any way to do it in the game app that I'm just missing? At the moment it just says that episode 2 is coming soon.

• i have the game but it won't load for me on steam now, all i get is a black screen and the music (with as chance of freezing sometimes)
    not sure what's wrong or what i can do to solve it (worked before, if finished the first ep with no problems)
    rather not have to install anything else unless it's a patch, not my personal pc and the owner doesn't like the idea of installing stuff

• I download the game on my pc. i finished episode 1 a while ago and it has not launched since then. i uninstalled an reinstalled and still the same problem.

https://www.sendspace.com/file/qoemvw

• edited February 2015

Edit: Nevermind

• @TelltaleMike So hey man, it's Feb 4... I bought both episode one and the season pass for the 360, but when I go to download episode 2 it gives me the red circle with the line through it, instead of the confirm. Sooo, did I do something wrong or is it still not out yet??? Please help!

• edited February 2015

Please help me out TelltaleMike, i got the game through Steam long time ago and after downloading it last night over Steam i can't even get pass the second shot of the intro of Episode 2. it instantly freeze frame and no music plays etc. Please help me out! been looking forward to the game the whole time!

https://www.sendspace.com/file/a3ix63

I apologize for the inconvenience, please read this Sticky on how to run our Support Tool, and follow the steps to run the tool, and reply h

• I m on XBOX360. I have purchased 2-6 with a season pass, it is FEBRUARY 4, The release date, but when I click download there is a red circle next to "The Lost Lands." Please help

• Same problem here

@TelltaleMike So hey man, it's Feb 4... I bought both episode one and the season pass for the 360, but when I go to download episode 2 it gi

• Hiya TellTale. Tried to see if I could DL Episode 2 this morning for Xbox One, and it does not get past the "Connecting to Server" screen. I have tried to uninstall and re-install the game to see if it would fix it, but it hasn't. Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to get past this screen. I have purchased both episode 1 and a season pass.

Thanks!

• Hi there, I've bought the season pass for this game on my Xbox One, however when I start the game episode 2 is still on "Coming soon" while I read everywhere that this was released today.
    Do I need to do something else?

• hello. i was able to download the second episode after i installed the update. i was able to play but then it just stopped. the screen would go black and i couldn't hear any sound. I had to manually restart my pc the unsafe way. here is the link to my support data
    https://www.sendspace.com/file/5o2i9i
    thank you very much for your help.

• Same for me, can't play Episode 2 even though it should be available already? This on the PC with the TTG own downloaded client/game.

dwan23 posted: »

I have downloaded the season pass for PC through the telltale store and have completed episode 1 but it still says episode 2 is "purchased but not downloaded".

• I downloaded episode 2 on the Xbox store for Xbox one today. My card was charged and I have the email confirmation. I log on my Xbox One and can't find the game in my games or in the store. Please advise. My gamertag is HectoriousDaGr8

I apologize for the inconvenience, please read this Sticky on how to run our Support Tool, and follow the steps to run the tool, and reply h

• I can't see the second episode either, it says coming soon on Xbox one

D3NN1SNL2 posted: »

Hi there, I've bought the season pass for this game on my Xbox One, however when I start the game episode 2 is still on "Coming soon" while I read everywhere that this was released today. Do I need to do something else?

• Same but for Xbox One, it's available in the store to taunt me but it still says coming soon in my episodes

Zimeon posted: »

Same for me, can't play Episode 2 even though it should be available already? This on the PC with the TTG own downloaded client/game.

This discussion has been closed.