Life Is Strange - True Colors Out Now, Bonus Episode "Wavelengths" September 30th

Comments

• One day left to go.

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

They just released the launch trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YznXuKwJtMg

It looks good and i am looking forward to playing play it tomorrow :)

• Yeah, I just bought that alongside Gods Will Be Watching and Grim Fandango on Steam with some unspent Christmas money, so I think I've got my Adventure Game fix set for now. :P

OzzyUK posted: »

They just released the launch trailer https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YznXuKwJtMg It looks good and i am looking forward to playing play it tomorrow

• That review gives off a really good vibe about the gameplay and story. I'm interested in seeing games use the Telltale choice format with more interactivity along the lines of Telltale's older titles. :)

Great news guys and girls who were maybe undecided on whether to get this or not. The first review has come out and it says the game it great! http://www.xboxachievements.com/game/life-is-strange-xbox-one/review/

• Let me know if its worth getting, isn't it a episodic game where only the first part is released?

Yeah, I just bought that alongside Gods Will Be Watching and Grim Fandango on Steam with some unspent Christmas money, so I think I've got my Adventure Game fix set for now. :P

• It doesn't come out until tomorrow. From what I know, I think it's going to be released like a Telltale game with periodic episode releases, a Season Pass option to purchase all the episodes in advance, etc.

CrazyGeorge posted: »

Let me know if its worth getting, isn't it a episodic game where only the first part is released?

• I may just wait for the entire game to be released, i hate getting into a game, then not being able to finish it.

It doesn't come out until tomorrow. From what I know, I think it's going to be released like a Telltale game with periodic episode releases, a Season Pass option to purchase all the episodes in advance, etc.

• Okay that launch trailer got me interested. I might buy the first episode after seeing some reviews tomorrow.

They just released the launch trailer https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YznXuKwJtMg It looks good and i am looking forward to playing play it tomorrow

• As soon as it hits midnight I am buying it! I think it's the game I'm most excited for this year actually lol.

• edited January 2015

Oh my God what is your avatar? I remember that show, but I can't remember the name!

EDIT: "Uh.... hi.... why are you looking at my page?"

Because I want to know what your avatar is from :p

dojo32161 posted: »

One day left to go.

• Alt text

Viva-La-Lee posted: »

Oh my God what is your avatar? I remember that show, but I can't remember the name! EDIT: "Uh.... hi.... why are you looking at my page?" Because I want to know what your avatar is from

• Its from Static Shock I believe.

Viva-La-Lee posted: »

Oh my God what is your avatar? I remember that show, but I can't remember the name! EDIT: "Uh.... hi.... why are you looking at my page?" Because I want to know what your avatar is from

• Damn good trailer. I think this is gonna be one of the best games of this year. Just listening to the soundtrack, has some great songs on it.

• edited January 2015

Episode 1 is now available to download on Steam.

• I'll have to play it tomorrow, it's late currently. Good thing I have the morning off.

Episode 1 is now available to download on Steam.

• Episode and season pass is now out at least where I live. For those still unsure there is a free trial!

• Not gonna lie, its just as good as Telltale's games. Maybe a bit better.

• I was thinking the same thing. Maybe a little to hipstery, but besides that it is amazing.

Not gonna lie, its just as good as Telltale's games. Maybe a bit better.

• I just finished playing the first episode, and its fucking awesome. I love the characters (especially Chloe, she is badass), the plot is interesting and the graphics are pretty good. If ya haven't bought it yet, then...

Alt text

• edited January 2015

I haven't finished the whole episode yet(almost). but I already bought the season pass lol. My early pick for GOTY :P. Max might be one of my favorite protagonist I've ever played as. The whole episode and high school setting was pretty relatable too.

I just finished playing the first episode, and its fucking awesome. I love the characters (especially Chloe, she is badass), the plot is interesting and the graphics are pretty good. If ya haven't bought it yet, then...

• Yeah, its awesome. I bought the season pass too. At least we know the next episode release date is in March. That's quick (unlike Telltale Games, who can take forever with that).

I haven't finished the whole episode yet(almost). but I already bought the season pass lol. My early pick for GOTY :P. Max might be one of m

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator
    edited January 2015

I just finished episode 1 and i really enjoyed it, sometimes i felt rewinding time was cheating and it let me choose the "correct" decisions and i did change some choices but hopefully we can see the consequences of our choices in later episodes.

Here is a screenshot of my choices

Alt text

Alt text

Edit: Updated with fixed % stats.

• Alot of choices compared to TTG's it seems. How could you make fun of Victoria!!!!?!?!... just kidding she is kind of a jerk lol

• ....You watered your plant?

I might watch episode 1 for a look at this but the first ten minutes seemed a bit bizarrely written and the main character incredibly dull

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

Yes i did water my plant, i had the choice and didn't see why i wouldn't :P.

The first 10 mins in mainly learning the mechanics so it's a bit slow but it does get better after that.

....You watered your plant? I might watch episode 1 for a look at this but the first ten minutes seemed a bit bizarrely written and the main character incredibly dull

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

kind of a jerk lol

I would have used a different word for her :P I felt that she deserved a taste of her own medicine.

Alot of choices compared to TTG's it seems. How could you make fun of Victoria!!!!?!?!... just kidding she is kind of a jerk lol

• The main character is actually really cool. I find her relatable in some ways.

....You watered your plant? I might watch episode 1 for a look at this but the first ten minutes seemed a bit bizarrely written and the main character incredibly dull

• I dont see how watering the plant has any significant impact on the game lol

Yes i did water my plant, i had the choice and didn't see why i wouldn't :P. The first 10 mins in mainly learning the mechanics so it's a bit slow but it does get better after that.

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

It's probably just a minor choices like Telltale have done with some of their choices, the choices on page 1 seem more significant and will likely make a greater impact to the story.

The small choices like that and saving the bird are probably there to test our morality.

I dont see how watering the plant has any significant impact on the game lol

• I wish I had time to play this game! I can already tell that watching a playthrough isn't going to do it justice.

• totally getting it. reminds me a bit of heavy rain and i loved that game!

• I liked it, it was pretty cool.

Save The Plant!

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator
    edited January 2015

Alt text

Alt text

I really love the mystery element of the game, it'll be interesting to see how it all plays out.

• Let it die!

I liked it, it was pretty cool. Save The Plant!

• I've got tomorrow off, so I'll probably pick up the season pass for it then! Out of curiosity, about how long was the episode?

• Three hours for me, though that also involved trying to look at everything, and I still missed some decisions.

Deadpoolian posted: »

I've got tomorrow off, so I'll probably pick up the season pass for it then! Out of curiosity, about how long was the episode?

• Wow, that sounds great! I always like to look at all the little details with these sorts of games, so I'm sure I'll really enjoy it.

Three hours for me, though that also involved trying to look at everything, and I still missed some decisions.

• How much time it takes to finish it? 2 hours?

I just finished playing the first episode, and its fucking awesome. I love the characters (especially Chloe, she is badass), the plot is interesting and the graphics are pretty good. If ya haven't bought it yet, then...

• The first episode took me 3 hours.

TheCatWolf posted: »

How much time it takes to finish it? 2 hours?

Sign in to comment in this discussion.