Some of you guys use Steam, right?

edited August 2009 in Forum Games
How do I install the it?
Presumably the problem is that I am not administrator of my own vista laptop.
I have had a rummage around the internet, everywhere suggests that I do something different, but, being a bit of a tech retard I don't know how to log in as admin...

Any help would be appreciated
nic

Comments

• edited August 2009
    You need admin access.
  • edited August 2009
    The steam installer should request the admin rights automatically. Alternatively, right click on the installer and go to properties. Check the compatibility tab, see if you can find something like "always run as admin" and enable it.
  • edited August 2009
    Right click the installer, click on Run as Administrator. That should work.
  • edited August 2009
    Thanks for the help guys, I'm now wondering if maybe Kaspersky doesn't like steam and is interfering.
    I've had a look through Steam/Properties/Security and everything looks ok...
  • edited August 2009
    Never used Kaspersky before, but I do remember hearing other people having problems with steam with it. Have you tried running it from one of Kasperskys Trusted Zones? There should also presumably be an option to be able to select it and allow Steam through it somewhere in the options.
  • edited August 2009
    It's allowed in trusted zones...
    Looks like I need to uninstall kaspersky, then install steam, then put kaspersky back on and play around with its security settings.
    Thanks everyone for your suggestions, I think I will give my system a total reboot, first, vista has been playing silly buggers with me for a while aswell.
    nic
Sign in to comment in this discussion.