Life Is Strange - True Colors Out Now, Bonus Episode "Wavelengths" September 30th

Comments

• first episode was just an introduction to the character and i think its gonna be more great from 2nd episode :) atleast i hope so

JetLee posted: »

I didn't like it as much so I'll be more critical. The soundtrack is decent to good depending on your taste. You might want to look up on

• I don't think so. I think they were just close friends.

So.... I have a question.... is Chloe supposed to be a lesbian? I get that feeling by the way she talks about Rachel and how they were gonna leave together.

• Was anybody else caught by surprise by the way Dana dressed? Like, shit, she literally almost had her bosom hanging out at times.

• Probably right. Anyways nice profile pic, She is my favorite character in the game :D I wonder if there will be some jealousy from Max About Chloe and Rachel's friendship.

I don't think so. I think they were just close friends.

• Anyways nice profile pic

Alt text

I wonder if there will be some jealousy from Max About Chloe and Rachel's friendship.

I shouldn't think so. Max feels pretty damn guilty about not contacting Chloe after 5 years, so, I don't think there would be any room for jealousy lol But who knows.

Probably right. Anyways nice profile pic, She is my favorite character in the game I wonder if there will be some jealousy from Max About Chloe and Rachel's friendship.

• No surprise really. She is, after all, a cheerleader lol

Was anybody else caught by surprise by the way Dana dressed? Like, shit, she literally almost had her bosom hanging out at times.

• I read somewhere that the developers wanted to leave their relationship ambiguous and leave it up to the player to decide whether they were romantic or just very good friends. Personally, I think they were/are friends only but, I could be wrong.

P.S: I'm glad people are discussing this game over here. I couldn't find a place to discuss episode 1 so this place will have to do. Can't wait for episode 2!!

So.... I have a question.... is Chloe supposed to be a lesbian? I get that feeling by the way she talks about Rachel and how they were gonna leave together.

• Yeah, but still. Most schools wouldn't even allow students to show skin like that in the hallways and such. Must be a very lenient high school/college Max is attending when it comes to their clothing rules. ;P

No surprise really. She is, after all, a cheerleader lol

• edited January 2015

For me it was better than anytihng Telltale ever put out i loved everything about the game so much interaction and different outcomes versus the linear telltale style and story is very interesting.

Its is turning out to be way better than telltale's games. They got tired of how lazy they were with railroading you into their decisions this is what interactive gaming should be.

• Juliet was the same way lol.

Yeah, but still. Most schools wouldn't even allow students to show skin like that in the hallways and such. Must be a very lenient high school/college Max is attending when it comes to their clothing rules. ;P

• Well... that was an interesting experience. The story and characters seem interesting, the gameplay is nice, and the soundtrack is amazing. Not sure if I would rank this about any Telltale experience I've had (just yet) but it certainly is an interesting game and off to a great start. Consider me hyped for Episode 2 :D

• I know I wish there was a better place to discuss this with fans of the game, but this will do. I loved the first episode, I wish I had episode 2 now lol. I hope the game gets more popular and more attention, it seems like not alot of people are giving it a chance.

And yeah I choose to think they were probably just friends too. I was just unsure.

I read somewhere that the developers wanted to leave their relationship ambiguous and leave it up to the player to decide whether they were

• Yea, most of the episodic games I've played have been like that. Walking Dead S1 is a good example as well as Game of Thrones Ep.1 seemed really introductory (and will hopefully get even more great from Ep.2). Life is Strange seems to be off to that start as well

pratikrockz posted: »

first episode was just an introduction to the character and i think its gonna be more great from 2nd episode atleast i hope so

• The game is pretty much split down the middle. Some people love the graphics, music, characters and story. Some absolutely hate it and label it as boring and cliche. I absolutely loved it and like you, can't wait for episode 2. On the bright side, now when we don't have telltale, we have dontnod as backup so that's awesome!

I know I wish there was a better place to discuss this with fans of the game, but this will do. I loved the first episode, I wish I had epis

• Yeah true lol. Well it seems most are liking it, it has a 78 on metacritic which is pretty good. These type of narrative games are usually pretty split down the middle on people that love them and people that hate them.

The game is pretty much split down the middle. Some people love the graphics, music, characters and story. Some absolutely hate it and label

• Thread: Just finish playing Life is Strange Episode 1.

Since the trailer release, I was interested and intrigued to play.

Trailer

After finished it, I got to say, the idea is refreshing. However, the game reminds me of RayWilliamJohnson's webisode, Riley Rewind.

Riley Rewind

The soundtrack, man, the soundtrack is AWESOME. Here is one of the soundtrack in-game.

Cool

However I need to point out that the lipsyncs are terrible, the mouse and keyboard control feels weird, so recommend using controller for PC.

The main protagonist wasn't oversexualized. That's cool.
    Overall, its genuinely a cool game.

I'm sorry, I really don't know how to review. Did you guys played it yet? What are your thoughts on this game?

• edited January 2015

So I just played it....

Game play was fine, The time travel thing was a good way to think about things, choices may seem good immediately but will likely have long term consequences. The world is pretty rich with things and all the messages and diaries etc are cool to flick through. That said I expect effects of my choices in this game as they are making such a big deal out of it. Also the fact you can skip dialgoue in repeats is a clever design that avoids utter boredom.

Story was.... meh it went up and down and the set up with the twister and the missing kid were good enough intros.

Characters. Now this was my main problem not only were most characters cliche they were also pretty uninteresting and fake feeling. The rich kids, the jocks, the teenage rebel, the angry step dad. This works in satire like bully but in a game based around story its a bit weird. Not to mention all of the "kids" are meant to be 18 and over not 15 like all the girls etc are acting. Some like Kate were pretty interesting however the others mainly chole and victoria were just one dimensional. Max is also even for a protaganist so annoyingly bland her voice actor showed next to no emotion even in sense scenarios max sounds like a robot. Also while this doesnt make the story bad the fact I dont like any of the characters yet is a bit of an issue I know max is a loner but surely there could be some scenes in which she can talk to people.

Graphics

Not big to me but they looked fine, the bad lip syncing got really annoying at times though.

Themes

Again this was okay..... Though it seemed to stem from them making max so "relateable" it got old, oh max shes so talented and relatable but boy is she shy and everyone hates her for it. Max just isn't likeable due to her being so bland. The other themes already seem to be that you should be who you are even if the stereotypes hate you which could work if the antagonistic characters weren't so one dimensional (the jocks and the posh girls were really bad). Maybe episode 2 will flesh them out but so far not really. There also seems to be some preachy messages about the environment, global warming, drug use, sexual matters, gun control and loads of other things which which I'm not crazy about. I'm sure the target audience of younger women will love this game though

Still it has potential so who knows but so far its okay... thats about it.

• It was.... okay.

Max was pretty boring and everyone else was pretty cliche.

The gameplay was a nice twist on a story game with the long lasting consequences being often more important than the short term. I hope this actually ends up mattering though.

I know girls that age will find it relatable but I found it pretty over the top with soem of the character stc

• I thought I heard she was in High School, but I've never seen a high school like that. Dorms? Is that a norm in some places?

Yeah, but still. Most schools wouldn't even allow students to show skin like that in the hallways and such. Must be a very lenient high school/college Max is attending when it comes to their clothing rules. ;P

• i guess but i like the rewind time things they done in there game... i can see both outcomes and then i can choose what outcome i like the most thats awesome i hope telltale games will do same in any one of their games... :)

Yea, most of the episodic games I've played have been like that. Walking Dead S1 is a good example as well as Game of Thrones Ep.1 seemed re

• I thought the first episode was pretty interesting! I found Max to be pretty damn relateable, and Chloe and Warren seem pretty cool so far. Not too much went on plot wise, mostly just getting to know all the characters, which is fine since it's just the first episode. I'm really looking forward to seeing where the plot goes in the second episode, especially after that ending.

There was so much detail in the game. I really enjoyed reading Max's journal as I progressed and hearing her inner thoughts about everything. One of the more clever details I noticed was how there was a missing backpack note in the school, the student saying he had a lot of important school supplies in there that also contained all pictures of his now dead cat. Further down the hall is another note about someone trying to sell a tablet with "5gb of cat pictures" on it.

The whole rewind feature was really cool and had some nice, but simple, puzzles to solve. I actually avoided using the powers unless I was forced to or if it was an urgent situation. I have a feeling that something bad might happen if she uses her powers too frequently. But in my next playthrough, I'm going to rewind all the things.

Also, I think my favorite line in the episode was "Go fuck your selfie".

• It's a special school for the arts from the looks of it. I believe Max also mentioned that only seniors (so like 18 or so year olds) are allowed in.

Viva-La-Lee posted: »

I thought I heard she was in High School, but I've never seen a high school like that. Dorms? Is that a norm in some places?

• Oh, okay. That makes much more sense then. I couldn't figure out why this "normal" high school was putting so much emphasis on photography :p

dojo32161 posted: »

It's a special school for the arts from the looks of it. I believe Max also mentioned that only seniors (so like 18 or so year olds) are allowed in.

• It could possibly be a boarding school. But, ah, there are always special schools for everything. XD

Viva-La-Lee posted: »

I thought I heard she was in High School, but I've never seen a high school like that. Dorms? Is that a norm in some places?

• That, but Dana really had hers out there, lol.

Juliet was the same way lol.

• Since episode 3 is titled 'Chaos Theory', I expect Sam Fisher to make a cameo appearance somewhere.

• That would be awesome. I love Sam Fisher.

Since episode 3 is titled 'Chaos Theory', I expect Sam Fisher to make a cameo appearance somewhere.

• Fair enough. But what about the story line and relationships between the characters? Aren't they more important than what you said?

Mariana238 posted: »

I played the free trial on Xbox, and well...this is not for me. What is this: Awkward unpopular teenage girl:The Game? It was just some girl

• I played the free trial on Xbox, and well...this is not for me. What is this: Awkward unpopular teenage girl:The Game? It was just some girl babbling on about her insecurites "oh what if someone read my diary how embarassing" "oh I'm so ugly" "I love you random guy on my locker" "I'm going to travel back in time so I don't look silly infront of the teacher km crushing on". Maybe it'd got better as the episode proceeded, but I'm not spending money or wasting my time to find out, based on what I've played.

• There is already a thread about this.

Anyway, I thought it was awesome. I don't have much issues with the game, except for the lip sync issue and it being a little slow so far.

• edited February 2015

The main character is mundane and unlikeable, and the beginning of the story was not promising. Im all for a good story and character relationships, but that doesnt mean every story is going to be a good one. Maybe it gets better, but from what I've played, its just not my thing.

Fair enough. But what about the story line and relationships between the characters? Aren't they more important than what you said?

• So...You got to where exactly?

You can't judge a game on the first few minutes as I've already told @Markd4547

You expect this to be an action packed game where you're shooting people up and down? Well it's not, welcome to real life feel of teenage life. Did you even get to the time travel, probably not.

Doesn't seem like you even care.

I played the free trial on Xbox, and well...this is not for me. What is this: Awkward unpopular teenage girl:The Game? It was just some girl

• I just wanted to know why you attempt to assume a game is something without trying it.

Stop being so defensive.

What is the point of a free trial, if not to get a feel for a game? Is a game simply not being my thing some monstrous crime now? I'd rather

• What is the point of a free trial, if not to get a feel for a game? Is a game simply not being my thing some monstrous crime now? I'd rather not play some mundane teenage girl simulator, why are you acting as if I've personally attacked you? I haven't started some campaign to get the game banned, so why do you give a shit what I think?

So...You got to where exactly? You can't judge a game on the first few minutes as I've already told @Markd4547 You expect this to be a

• I liked the length but it was too dragged out. I think the going back time thing was pretty repetitive and was pointless. It just seemed stretched out and takes so much to get to the point. When you're spending 20 minutes just to get some stupid bitch to get her ass off the steps just seems boring. It has a good story but I wish the choices to have a long term effect

• I just wanted to know why you attempt to assume a game is something without trying it.

Stop being so defensive.

What is the point of a free trial, if not to get a feel for a game? Is a game simply not being my thing some monstrous crime now? I'd rather

• You didn't try it though, you tried the trial.

So what did you expect in response to your rather aggressive comment?

You found that aggressive?

So what did you expect in response to your rather aggressive comment? You were the one being defensive, acting if I'd attacked your life's w

You found that aggressive?

You were the one being defensive, acting if I'd attacked your life's work or something

I asked you a question, I wanted to know why you did it or what you wanted from this game. Obviously you didn't want something slow so you must have wanted something action packed like a shooter. This game isn't that.

So what did you expect in response to your rather aggressive comment? You were the one being defensive, acting if I'd attacked your life's w

• edited February 2015

So what did you expect in response to your rather aggressive comment? You were the one being defensive, acting if I'd attacked your life's work or something.

I did try the game. I didn't just stumble into the thread without a clue on what the game is even about. I tried it, I didn't like it, and stated why. Life goes on.

I just wanted to know why you attempt to assume a game is something without trying it. Stop being so defensive.

You found that aggressive? If anything it was passive aggressive.

You were the one being defensive, acting if I'd attacked your life's work or something

I asked you a question, I wanted to know why you did it or what you wanted from this game. Obviously you didn't want something slow so you must have wanted something action packed like a shooter. This game isn't that.

Life goes on.

Then I don't know why you're even replying at this point. If you don't care then you should stop replying.

This game isn't for everyone and that's fine. However playing a few minutes and then complain about it showing exactly what it advertised is stupid.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.