Choices not carried over to GoT ep2 on Xbox One

edited February 2015 in Game Support

Just started playing GoT episode 2 on Xbox One. None of my choices were carried over. This might be related to the no Choices in the main menu bug. I did not get an overview of my stats at the end of episode 1, either. Instead the credits started playing.

I rewound and replayed the final scene of ep 1 and then started ep 2, only to get a 'previously on' in which there was a different sentinel and Ethan did not step up to Ramsay. Seriously, please fix this. This, the illusion that our choices matter, is basically what your games are all about. That and immersive story telling. Please don't leave me with a mangled experience.

Comments

• I have the exact same issue, with what it showed, I thought it might be my other playthroughs, so... Of course I deleted the saves eventually, so I thought it might help having the one I wanted left. I also finished ep 1 over twice already, and still none of my choices are there. So I'm asking the same, PLEASE do something about this, because I was really looking forward to this and now, I'm just mostly dissapointed and frustrated.

• I got the same issue on my xbox one as I got stuck with all of the default. I even created a whole new playthrough to fix this and still got nothing. Hope this gets fixed very soon as I'm currently fustrated that I've to wait even longer.

• Same here that sucks .this game is all about choice and we can't folow our choice in the folowing episode .

• Well I pretty much got the same problem. I choose Duncan as my sentinel during the first episode and stopped Ramsay from taking the girl but apparently the game decided I didn't do such things. It's pretty upsetting to spend money on a game that prides itself on using your past choices to shape the future and then you find out that nope. Please fix this as it shouldn't have happened in the first place.

Thanks

• Same thing is happening with me, have uninstalled and reinstalled the second episode twice, played through the first episode again, but still persists with this default set of choices completely removed from what I actually did. I'm on the Xbox One version also.
    Really hoping Telltale bothers to do something about it this time, still nothing on Choices showing up on the Xbox One version and it isn't looking like there ever will be

• Same here aswell, really disappointing. This needs to be fixed soon

• Exact same thing for me. No stats at the end of ep1, replayed the end and same. The "Previously..." was all wrong.

• yeh same thing I replayed whole of ep 1 just to be sure. Whats annoying is they haven't even said yep there is a problem we are working on it (well I can't find anything with them saying that) So are we just stuck with choices we didn't make or will they patch it? Bigger problem will be if its not the save import for ep2 thats not working but actually the way it is saving ep1 so the save file is actually recording the incorrect choices (this was a issue with other games I believe in past) . In which case I will have to replay ep1 for the 3rd time when they patch what ever it is.

• Same thing. It named Royland as my sentinel even though I picked Duncan. I even erased the save, replayed it and re-selected Duncan as my sentinel and STILL is chose Ser Royland.

• They can't just leave it like this, not to mention for the people that bought the season pass on Xbox One.

And yeah, something of a response about this would be nice.

• Everything you stated the same is with me. Purchased Episode 2 today, had same issues. Looked on this website and saw multiple discussions relating to this. Saw this on one thread:
    "Yes, your choices are stored internally within your game's save files, the issue is only with the choices linking to your Choices page correctly. I recommend starting the game again while connected to the internet, and make sure you have connected with our servers, and your choices should update properly on our website."
    "Can you please clarify if the choices that showed up are from the beginning, or end of the Episode, or if they are randomly unlocked through the episode? Also, did you recently complete the episode, or did you play the episode when it first released?"
    "Can you please clarify if there is a My Choices menu page now located on your Main Menu? You should be able to scroll to the right, and a My Choices menu should now be present after you have played through the episode. If you do not have a My Choices page, can you please clarify when you downloaded the episode? Recently, or when it first released? Also, can you please clarify what region/country you are currently located in?"
    I can verify that there is no My Choices menu on my menu screen. I DOWNLOADED THE FIRST EPISODE LAST WEEK AND WAS ONLINE THE WHOLE TIME! I replayed the episode again today from start to finish just to be sure. Nothing is different. I go online and viewed my account; it shows the only same three choices i had from my previous play through:
    Did you volunteer to go to the Wall?
    You and 40.9% volunteered to go to the Wall.
    How did you greet Queen Cersei?
    You and 67.2% knelt before Queen Cersei.
    Did you steal from Margaery?
    You and 45.7% stole something from Margaery's desk.
    No other choices are shown. I've done everything so far stated by TellTale relateing to this issue. IT IS INDEED A BUG AND NEEDS TO BE PATCHED! I will not play Episode 2 till it is fixed to avoid spoilers.

• Saaaame exact issue. I even played right through the first episode again to be sure. Completely defeats the purpose.

• I am having the same issue

• edited February 2015

Same problem. Acknowledge us please!

Xbox one, UK

• edited February 2015

After the Walking Dead and Wolf Among Us I would've thought that telltale wouldn't have problems like this after buying the season pass and waiting all this time for ep. 2 I'm really disappointed that this has happened. Please fix this bug
    P.S. I am on Xbox One and live in the US would really love some assistance

• Same issue here

US, Xbox One

• Same issue. US, Xbox One

• Have the same issue. Played episode 1 the week it came out, ONLINE on the Xbox One. All my stats are on the website but are not carrying over to episode 2. Glad I bought the season pass...

• Same problem here. Downloaded it last week on Xbox1. No "My Choices" menu any where to be seen. Canada

• Same problem here. How does this get by quality control?! I am so sick of broken games with these "advanced" consoles. If you can't make games that play & actually work, then stop making them for that system. I'll wait for an update & hope they make one. If not, I won't finish the series. Your choices you've made is the whole point. Never again will I buy a season pass. Every time, I get burned. I'm about to buy a Wii U. At least their games work.

• The same thing is happening to me. I am severely upset.

• Me too! I'm not going to finish episode two until this is fixed because Royland will never be my sentinel!

• This is a joke Telltale doesn't give two shits for there fans, I've had enough.

• Glad to see I'm not the only one having this problem. Bought the season pass too like lots of you guys as well. This is incredibly aggravating.

• Has anyone tried reinstalling and replaying episode one? I'm about to try this but if anyone has done this I don't want to go through all this if it's already confirmed not to work

• Just reloaded mine and this time it showed the correct scene of Ethan grabbing Talia.

• Dear TellTale Games,

DA HELL IS DIS?!

Alt text

• Pretty much sums it up pretty well, I've emailed them as well to try and get an answer that way, suggest you all do the same too. Make sure they know there's a big problem.

RAGEMOD posted: »

Dear TellTale Games, DA HELL IS DIS?!

• Looks like its fixed!!!! Reload the game.

• How? Do you mean reload or reinstall?

Achille26 posted: »

Looks like its fixed!!!! Reload the game.

• Just tested it, doesn't seem to have worked? Do you mean uninstall from the HDD and reinstall to the X1?

Achille26 posted: »

Looks like its fixed!!!! Reload the game.

• Same problem here. Replay ep1 and it didn't change.

• edited February 2015

I hope they fix it soon because I really want to play, but I'm not holding my breath. It's been 2 months andEpisode 1 was never fixed.

• Fuck me you think that would have this down pat by now but we still seem to be stuck with a buggy episode for a month after every launch, this is almost as bad as the season pass just not registering for Wolf Among Us so the episode was out but people that fucking supported the game on faith couldn't access it.

Anyway, I have this bug too and the most annoying thing is that not only did it not import my choices (I'm guessing these are the defaults?) all the choices are literally the opposite of what I chose.

Ser Aggressive as sentinel, not defending sister, denying an alliance with Tyrion.

Really disappointed, don't know how many times I'm gonna let Telltale ruin my day and pay them for it.

• edited February 2015

I have uninstalled and re-installed the entire game three times now. First time I just installed both at once, next I tried installing ep2 first, then ep1, and this last time I have tried uninstalling only ep2, and re-installing it from the episodes section on the main menu of ep1.

My choices are still not carrying over - in face, like many people here, it's almost as if it's the exact opposite choices that are... maybe I need to play through ep1 again and make all the opposites ones in order to get the outcome I want... this is not how I wanted to spend the last few nights.

• Same problem all my choices seem to be the opposite of what I originally made I have no choices made on the website portion of game of thrones don't want to play game if choices I make are going to have no affect pretty much just makes your game a story on rails...

• I found on another thread that the menu is supposed to have a choices section that you can view your choices however on the xbox versions this is not showing up. Telltale know about this and are trying to put in a fix according to that thread. Also when I go online and view my choices not all my choices are registered from the first episode only 2 choices actually show up. I wonder if its all related. Makes me wonder if the problem might be a while to fix :/.

• and yep I'm also having the issue of saves not carrying over

the_batt posted: »

I found on another thread that the menu is supposed to have a choices section that you can view your choices however on the xbox versions th

• Same issue here and same disappointment.
    XB1, Brazil.

This discussion has been closed.