Choices not carried over to GoT ep2 on Xbox One

Comments

• I have absolutely loved all of Telltales recent games and have bought TWD S1, S2 and TWAU on multiple platforms. I like many people got shafted with the wolf among us season pass as well as Tales From The Borderlands currently and tbh I don't think is good enough. This company has rapidly grown in the last 3 years and the thousands f devoted fans get screwed once again, if I'm being totally honest episode 1 of GoT game was underwhelming apart from the classic twist at the end which is both a telltale and GoT signature move. I was however hotly anticipating this episode because I know how good Telltale are and what they can do with this universe. I hope that once this is resolved they apologize for this and maybe even do something nice for loyal customers.

• Same here, I've never seen my choices at all, ever. It only tells me that I'm synced with TTG and even then I still can't find them.
    Whenever it comes to Season Passes I get burned. I think GoT's is the last I'll ever buy. It's way too much hassle, let alone not having choices go over...I really don't want to try reinstalling Ep 1 and 2...

the_batt posted: »

I found on another thread that the menu is supposed to have a choices section that you can view your choices however on the xbox versions th

• VERY DISAPPOINTED. Not a single one of my choices has carried over on Xbox One...

• I'm very disappointed with Telltale. I really enjoy their games but if this is going to be an ongoing issue with every release then I will no longer be supporting them.

• Glad to hear I'm not the only one who doesn't see their choices compared to everyone else's at the end of an episode. (Playing on Xbox One) And doesn't have an option to review choices in the main menu. I've never seen it anywhere, and I've looked in all the sections. I'm wondering if there's a bug that is making the choices not register, so you don't get the comparison screen and then they don't carry over to the next episode because they didn't save or something. Not having choices carry over through the episodes kind of defeats the very purpose of playing a Telltale game, so I'm really hoping they figure out what this problem is and fix it soon!

• People complain about how choices really dont matter at all or at most have the smallest impact possible.
    Well they finally did it, they finally stripped away the illusion of choice.
    Dont want ser angry pants as sentinel? TOO BAD
    Want Tyrions help? TOO BAD
    Stand up to Ramsay and not act like a milksop? TOO BAD

I'm really regreting buying the season pass. I replayed episode 1 over again twice once deleting and reinstalling and nope ya still have the what i assume are default choices.

• https://www.telltalegames.com/community/discussion/91061/do-not-try-and-replay-e1-or-e2-on-xbox-one-to-fix-savefile-issue-no-spoilers-i-promise

As I say in my post, talk to customer support and if you explain the problem the will send you an e-mail when the problem is fixed. As you can see one of the commenteres doesn't have this issue, so it seems to be a random bug.

• This is very annoying, same problem here. None of my choices carried over and in the end I also didn't see the choices other people made and it almost looks like all the choices in season 2 are the opposite of my choices. Please fix this bug, The Netherlands xbox one.

• Yup. Same problem. There's no My Choices tab at the main menu. My choices were opposite at the start of 2. I have an activated Tell-tale account but online it says I haven't made any choices yet. I wish I could get back the time, money, and energy that I wasted trying to fix this last night.

Xbox 1, North America, Lucky Charmz 7

• In the menu go to your save file area, you must make a copy of Save 1 and put it in a empty save, put it in save 2 then play from there. Pick save 2. So save 1 doesn't get affected or erased, your choices will now come up when you start episode 2 from save 2.

• Tried this and it did not work

Ces1984 posted: »

In the menu go to your save file area, you must make a copy of Save 1 and put it in a empty save, put it in save 2 then play from there. Pic

• edited February 2015

Yes I've got the same problem on the PS4 and
    I'm really pissed on the choices which I never made!!!!!

• Me too. Still didn't work

Ces1984 posted: »

In the menu go to your save file area, you must make a copy of Save 1 and put it in a empty save, put it in save 2 then play from there. Pic

• It's kind of annoying Telltale says it's "investigating" into the issue. But doesn't give any realistic time table about when this will be fixed. Its even weirder no one online is commenting on it like IGN or whatever

• Well they've been "investigating" the episode 1 missing choice bug for 2 months now and we still haven't heard anything so there is your time frame......

It's kind of annoying Telltale says it's "investigating" into the issue. But doesn't give any realistic time table about when this will be fixed. Its even weirder no one online is commenting on it like IGN or whatever

• Same thing for me. thought i was going nuts, i guess i am going to have to make a 2nd play through after i finish this and they fix the bug

• Same here, anyone know any fixes?

• This is bullshit..how do I get a refund?

• Same thing for me xbox one UK, I have no hope this will be fix anytime soon

• Sane here on Xbox One in Austria ... :(

• Cmon Telltale some answers PLZ !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Another one with the same issue here. No my choices tab and choices not carrying over. Is waiting for a fix a good idea or are those initial choices gone forever? If I rewind to the last part of episode 1 it has clearly still remembered my earlier choices at that stage.

• I'm having the same problem on the Xbox One. Even more annoying, my choices DO show up on the f***ing Telltale Website. "You and 22.5% of players demanded let Talia go." Then start Episode 2 and in the little "Previously On" montage absolutely nothing carries over. Like every decision is almost exactly the opposite of the one I made. Man, I hope they patch this soon, I was really looking forward to playing this in the little free time I have...

• think this may be the reason. if you say you have finished episode 1 got back to selecting it and i bet you anything it says continue episode one. with all the other telltale games once you finish an episode it should say restart episode...so i think the reason the choices are not carried over is because the game thinks you have not completed episode one but you have...which is a bug telltale need to sort out...i dont know about it once you complete episode 2 though if thats the same.

• Seeing the same thing. There needs to be an official comment on this soon as this is a game breaking issue that absolutely shouldn't have gotten through QA. IGN have raised the issue in their recent article: http://m.uk.ign.com/articles/2015/02/05/game-of-thrones-saves-potentially-not-carrying-over-on-xbox-one

• edited February 2015

Theres a sticky in the xbox one section. They are aware, as for a timetable, anyone's guess.

https://www.telltalegames.com/support/discussion/91005/xbox-one-game-of-thrones-episode-2-choice-data-issue

Huxtux posted: »

Seeing the same thing. There needs to be an official comment on this soon as this is a game breaking issue that absolutely shouldn't have go

• Hopefully they find and push out a solution soon

wr91ef posted: »

Theres a sticky in the xbox one section. They are aware, as for a timetable, anyone's guess. https://www.telltalegames.com/support/discussion/91005/xbox-one-game-of-thrones-episode-2-choice-data-issue

• You know, I was thinking the same thing. The game must think we don't have episode 1 finished, so it starts episode 2 with default episode 1 choices, as if we've never played it. That's why everyone is getting the exact same 'Previously On' choices i.e. Royland as Sentinel, Mira rejecting Tyrion's offer, Ethan not trying to stop Ramsey. The game not recognising we have finished episode 1 must also therefore be the reason why we've never had a 'My Choices' tab displayed after completing episode 1.

palmerj posted: »

think this may be the reason. if you say you have finished episode 1 got back to selecting it and i bet you anything it says continue episod

• So its a known issue, are they going to patch it any time soon?

• Fastest way to get the game patched??? Go to the TellTale Offices and start playing "The Rains of Castamere". That should get the urgency across.

• When you guys get it fixed, will there be an update on Twitter or Facebook on the matter?

• They should offer a full refund or make the next episode free. They completely ruined my experience.

• I am another with the same issue on Xbox One! My choices aren't carrying over to Episode 2 and when I view the first episode under the 'play' menu, it says 'Continue Episode 1' when I have already completed it! I also can't view my choices and stats, as is the norm in Telltale Games. Would appreciate a timeframe for when this issue will be fixed considering I have already paid for the season pass and now cannot actually play the game I paid to play (where your choices matter).
    Such a disappointment when I have enjoyed other Telltale Games without any issues.

• Same issue for me, US XB1.

• Did anyone else with a season pass install ep 2 from the Xbox one store rather than loading the game and installing from the episode menu? I think this might be why we're having this problem.

• i cant see my choices on the web site and i have no games in my profile too

• Having this same problem on xbox one! choices from episode 1 will not carry over to episode 2. I am signed into live, have no internet issues and my telltale account is joined. I also can not see a My Choices tab =/

Gamertag: Durinheart

• My game says continue episode 1 I have never played a telltale game before so I didn't know that it shouldn't say that. Also how many choices should there be for ep 1. I have 4.

• I have also had the same issue. It completely ruins the whole aspect of the game. Anyone looking to buy this game needs to know the whole story is completely pointless and it will not save any data.

• Nope, I downloaded it from the game menu and I have the same issue

Cash83 posted: »

Did anyone else with a season pass install ep 2 from the Xbox one store rather than loading the game and installing from the episode menu? I think this might be why we're having this problem.

This discussion has been closed.