Choices not carried over to GoT ep2 on Xbox One

Comments

• Same here.. I really enjoyed all of The telltale Games, but this totally ruined my fun with this game. Started it all over again three times after reinstalling.. Please fix this problem! Just wasted enough life time..

Would be great to get an email when it's fixed.

• All Xbox One owners have that problem.
    And you can check your choices here: http://www.telltalegames.com/gameofthrones/episode1-choices
    If it's empty then no choices as been saved.

Hopefully they will apologize and will find a way to compensate it for users.

• any news on whether they fixing it?

• Yea what the hell

• This has obviously been an issue since the first episode came out this is pathetic

• My choices on episode 1 show up when I play episode 2, but I finished and they are not there currently. Is this the same issue you are having or is it that ep 1 choices aren't showing up in ep 2? Either way, how we fix this?

Yea what the hell

• Thank you for that link. I don't get a "My Choices" option in the game, so I was worried that my choices hadn't been saved, and that's why they didn't carry into episode 2. But when I click that link, it tells me my choices compared to everyone else's, so… they're there. Just being ignored, it seems. Rude. ;-)

edragonxx posted: »

All Xbox One owners have that problem. And you can check your choices here: http://www.telltalegames.com/gameofthrones/episode1-choices If

• I love playing choose-your-own-adventure style games, especially where you can't actually make any choices. Well done Telltale.
    It's also funny how the only thing on their Twitter page is reviews raving about how great episode 2 is. Way to hide behind your P.R. and keep your fans uninformed.

• They basically just said they were investigating it. A lot of Game sites are just now starting to report on it.

Morrey1993 posted: »

any news on whether they fixing it?

• This damn site keeps showing as if I never made any choices, just like it keeps saying that I have no games, which is just really annoying, considering the amount of games I have played and absolutely loved from Telltale, which has made my dissapointment that much worse, because I'm used to so much better than this. Sure, I had one issue with the last episode of TWD season 1, at least, my brother did, which we managed to fix...

So if me and my brother can fix an issue where games are weirding out and sending you to the first episode instead of the last, why the hell is it so impossible for you guys to after this freaking long, to fix this? Or you know... Maybe a suggestion: Screw your site? I'm sorry, but if tgames worked fine before, but it's just this crap of a site that is screwing it up, can't you just like, put it away? I mean, why does Borderlands show my choices correctly, but Game of Thrones is somehow the most complicated thing you guys have ever worked on, but obviously having your site be the smae is much more important than having us be able to enjoy the game.

And you've been really smart, making us buy it digitally, so we can't have refunds, so it's our problem right, if you guys can't fix it and we'd have to buy it somewhere else. Seriously, Placing one small threat with three lines of text saying that you know about the problem and will try and fix it as soon as possible isn't enough, give us a freaking estimate, give us a freaking apology for this, and if this takes much longer, just give us a refund on our season pass, or a code to redeem, so we can get it on another console, you know, where you guys didn't for some reason mess it up with programming, not to mention with quality control.

But it's been days now, days where who knows how many people have managed to play and view their damn choices on this... Site of yours, and how ridiculously NO gaming site or news thing, except for one thing from IGN, is making a deal out of this, while this is one of the most game-breaking issues I have ever come across, that isn't able to be fixed, or isn't fixed by the developers.

It's been days now, either fix it, or tell us you can't, and let us buy it on something else! >.< You can't just force us to wait longer and longer and longer like it's no big deal, while this is YOUR mistake!

• ☝️

This damn site keeps showing as if I never made any choices, just like it keeps saying that I have no games, which is just really annoying,

• Telltale have known for over 2 months that the choices don't save for XB1 yet they still released episode 2, knowing full well that it was a broken product. I've replayed Episode 1 a total of FOUR times and still nothing saved. This has completely ruined my experience of the game. I feel sorry for anyone who purchased the season pass, I'm so glad that this time around I waited before buying it.

It's obvious TTG don't care, their only response has been the typical copy and paste "We are aware of the issue" BS. And why should they, we've already given them our money. The fact that the game still appears in the store for £3.99 is a massive middle finger to every loyal fan, TTG.

• Sigh, it's a little typical to instantly take it as that they don't care at all, I don't believe that. I have to admit that it's just really, really, REALLY bad service, and they could have used their brains, and I still would like a better explanation, but the fact is and stays that it's not EVERYONE on Xb1, there are people that don't have the issue, which makes it more random, and I can understand that that makes it harder.

I'm still convinced it's the annoying fact taht they had to do it with their website thing... If only they had just left that for the PC version,a nd keep the rest as it was, but no.

We'll see if I get an answer at all to the email I sent them, because after this many days of no updates, it's just ridiculous. But again, I don't believe that they do not care, but I do believe that people and money these days... Yeah.

It would also have been nice if someone would have actually spoken to us here, kept us updated, but I do suppose that's unfortunately too much to ask or something.

• Same here. I won't buy the season pass for future telltale games anymore.

• Same thing here, my girlfriend is even more frakked off than I am.

• What I did was play the first chapter normal an when you finish copy that save slot in all the other slots and it should carry over your decisions to the second

• This is happening to me as well. I can't find a fix, feels like maybe this is an issue with the console logging the choices with Telltale's account system.

When I finished ep1 the game didn't give me the usual rundown of my choices, but instead told me to look them up online. I thought that was just a bad design choice to drive people to use the new account system, but maybe it was a clue as to this problem.

This is not good.

• This did not work for me.

nah97925 posted: »

What I did was play the first chapter normal an when you finish copy that save slot in all the other slots and it should carry over your decisions to the second

• this does not work

nah97925 posted: »

What I did was play the first chapter normal an when you finish copy that save slot in all the other slots and it should carry over your decisions to the second

• Can anyone confirm how many choices are supposed to show up on the website for Episode 1? I've got 3, so at least some registered correctly...

• Potential workaround (worked for me anyway):

1. Copy your end of Ep1 save to a new save slot (I copied mine from slot 1 to slot 2). If you already started Ep2 and it overwrote your Ep1 save you can go to Ep1 and "rewind" to replay just the last section.
    2. Make sure the new slot (the copy) is the active slot.
    3. Select "Continue Episode 1" from the Play menu.
    4. Finish the episode again.

Once you've done that it should show you your choices, and those choices should carry over into Episode 2. It worked for me anyway.

• I've got exactly none, it shows up as if I never played it. It's random with everyone, which only makes me think more that it's the weird connection or whatever to the site, which I really wish they hadn't done to begin with, or just for PC.

Can anyone confirm how many choices are supposed to show up on the website for Episode 1? I've got 3, so at least some registered correctly...

• Wanted to add that I replayed the end of episode one (by choosing to continue playing) after copying and pasting a new save file and ensuring I was connected to my online account. The game still did not save my choices and it still says 'Continue Episode 1' under the play menu. When I go on my online account, I can't view any choices and it doesn't seem to be linked to my account under the games tab. However, in settings, it does say I'm linked to my Xbox account.

Clark247 posted: »

I am another with the same issue on Xbox One! My choices aren't carrying over to Episode 2 and when I view the first episode under the 'play

• If this works for me I'll be forever in your debt. This wait is killing me!

Potential workaround (worked for me anyway): * Copy your end of Ep1 save to a new save slot (I copied mine from slot 1 to slot 2). If

• Man I just tried that and it didn't work, but my online account doesn't seem to be linked properly as it doesn't come up under my games tab. Were you connected?

Potential workaround (worked for me anyway): * Copy your end of Ep1 save to a new save slot (I copied mine from slot 1 to slot 2). If

• I tried to do this, didn't work.

• Didn't work for me either.

Mikeismore posted: »

I tried to do this, didn't work.

• I honestly can not believe that telltale did this. There is absolutely no way they didn't know about this before I have bought and enjoyed every telltale game there is but releasing a game that is literally UNPLAYABLE and now trying to sweep it under the rug and not acknowledge us not even with a simple apology? What the heck! I say unplayable because telltales games are 100% about the story and how the choices you make impact it take away the choices you have a soulless experience. This is just the worst move I have ever seen.

• Anyone know if Telltale are working on a fix? I really wanna enjoy this, but I can't if my choices are worthless. Starting to feel like I've wasted money on the season pass. And it doesn't help seeing nothing about this glitch on Telltales twitter, what a joke.

• You know, it's really suspicious that you just simply can't change the time zone you're in on this site, let alone the time zone your xbox is obviously going to be set to... I have no idea if that has ANYTHING to do with it at all, but it's another point of how this system is just really annoying and broken.

• Unfortunately, it did not work for me either, it keeps showing proudly at the end of the episode that I should check online, on the amazing site that keeps saying that I never played the game at all...

• Here: https://www.telltalegames.com/support/discussion/91005/xbox-one-game-of-thrones-episode-2-choice-data-issue

They claim so, but I do not really exactly believe it anymore, there hasn't been an update in days now, nothing at all. Besides, the issue with Your Choices not being in the menu and not showing up at the end of the episode but that amazing message to check here, was already there way before we even knew when Ep 2 would be coming. They had plenty of time to find out what it was.

I guess Telltale is more fine with us having wasted our money like this, than I was hoping they would... I really hoped they did actually care and were working on it.

Anyone know if Telltale are working on a fix? I really wanna enjoy this, but I can't if my choices are worthless. Starting to feel like I've

• Ditto - still haven't been able to play with my choices.

Mikeismore posted: »

I tried to do this, didn't work.

• The only choices that are showing for me is whether I stole from Margery or not. Just re did last chapter of ep 1 and still no change

• I have the same issues, none of my choices were imported. Please please please fix this

• The reason they're not telling us anything is because they know nothing (Jon Snow). I imagine they'll update us on the situation once they've fixed it, if they ever do.

• And otherwise most of us have just wasted all that money? Just bad luck? I mean, that would be pretty disrespectful if it really was like that from telltale.

But like stated earlier, two months ago, some of these issues were already there, so that's anything but promising.

The reason they're not telling us anything is because they know nothing (Jon Snow). I imagine they'll update us on the situation once they've fixed it, if they ever do.

• attn telltalegames, since this has been happening for a long time, i am assuming its a bug you are having trouble fixing. therefore i volunteer to fix the bug for you for free. i'll sign NDA's or whatever, but I will fix it for myself and the community. Contact me. Thanks.

• Are you disagreeing with me or..? It's been over two months and people's choices still aren't saving, so they obviously don't know how to fix it. The fact that they have just now released some BS "We are investigating it" statement just confirms they're cluless. Yet they knowingly shipped a broken product and are happily taking our money, it's like Phil Fish is their new CEO. Nobody at TTG gives a fuck about you or me, or anyone else here, they've made that very clear.

And otherwise most of us have just wasted all that money? Just bad luck? I mean, that would be pretty disrespectful if it really was like th

• Same for me, I just tried this "workaround" and got that as well.

Unfortunately, it did not work for me either, it keeps showing proudly at the end of the episode that I should check online, on the amazing site that keeps saying that I never played the game at all...

This discussion has been closed.