Choices not carried over to GoT ep2 on Xbox One

Comments

• Yeah, I figured it out, unfortunately it did not work for me. Thanks anyways, though

oldb1ue posted: »

If you highlight the game in your games and apps and push the start button, a menu will come up with a manage game option. From there you can delete your save game files. My email was not the same for TTG and xbox live.

• edited February 2015

I went out of town and was hoping to have least seen a response from someone from Telltale but still they remain silent. Wow like this thread alone has almost 8K views and still nothing. (That's double the views of the closed discussion where they said they are "aware"

• My issue: Played Episode One over the last few days, started Episode Two and saw that some of the choices in the "Previously on..." section where not the choices I made. I logged on to my Telltale web account and see that I only have two choices recorded against my account. I'm pretty annoyed now. I'm afraid to play Episode Two in case the issue happens again.

• I have found a possible workaround that fixes this problem.

Okay. When I first played episode one....I thought it was highly odd it never showed my choices....nor did I have a My Choices option on the main menu AT ALL. At the time I didnt realize this.

I boot up ep 2 have this same issue ...showing all these choices I didnt make. After tweaking a few things I was able to get an intro to episode 2 that shows me picking Duncan....and protecting sis so I am assuming this fixed all the choices hopefully.

I am on Xbox One. What I did was click UNLINK profile from this site. Boot up GOT and have it ask me to sign into telltalle again. I do this and now I notice it shows my choices! I go to the game and restart 2 and it shows the right choices happening. I think somehow not having that menu mean't I didnt have any choices logged? Which is odd because you would imagine the save contains them.

I understand some still have this issue who DID HAve the choices menu. Either way I hope this helps someone else....might be worth a try too even if your choices menu IS showing up already.

• I also didn't have to delete any of my save files. I did however copy one so I would be able to properly restart ep 2.

PHub07 posted: »

I have found a possible workaround that fixes this problem. Okay. When I first played episode one....I thought it was highly odd it never

• edited February 2015

How did you unlink your profile from this site?

EDIT 2: Did not work for me. When I click the telltale account tab it says:

"You have successfully signed in to your TTG account and will be automatically logged in when you restart the game"

I've quit and relaunched the game twice, still just gives me the same message. So fed up with this crap, fuck Telltale for knowingly selling us a broken game.

I have found a possible workaround that fixes this problem. Okay. When I first played episode one....I thought it was highly odd it never

• It's on Profile-->Settings

@PHub07 How did you re-start Episode 2? I Only have the option to "Continue"

How did you unlink your profile from this site? EDIT 2: Did not work for me. When I click the telltale account tab it says: "You have

• edited February 2015

Yes go to your profile on here. Same place you would change your password. Click unlink and then start up GOT and it should immediately ask you to sign in again. Upon doing this it appeared to fix all of my problems.

Fix Got Telltale. Just to make sure I am being specific. Unlink from this website....while GOT is turned off. Then boot it up and it will prompt you to login. This made a new option on my main menu to show up.

How did you unlink your profile from this site? EDIT 2: Did not work for me. When I click the telltale account tab it says: "You have

• Yeah the Change save file option shouldnt say change save file because its more than that and it confused me at first. Hit change save file....copy your save for the heck of it or not if you don't care. Rewind to the final segement of Chapter 1 and finish it which will take 5 minutes. Then I would back up the save file now that you will have the option to "start" ep 2 as opposed to continuing it. This should then allow you to do what I did. Definately back up your save though so you can try it again.

I gotta imagine this should work for a lot of people I don't see how multiple ppl could have the same glitch caused by other things though.

cpc_6128 posted: »

It's on Profile-->Settings @PHub07 How did you re-start Episode 2? I Only have the option to "Continue"

• Unfortunately this did not fix it for me. It just keeps telling me that I will be automatically logged in next time I launch the game. Since then I've relaunched a bunch of times, even did a hard reset and it still just tells me to restart the game. Unbelievably frustrating. Thanks, anyways though, I'm glad at least some of us are able to play it.

Yes go to your profile on here. Same place you would change your password. Click unlink and then start up GOT and it should immediately ask

• When you unlink. Then reload the game...is it prompting you to type your email and password again?

Unfortunately this did not fix it for me. It just keeps telling me that I will be automatically logged in next time I launch the game. Since

• Either way, this is fu**ing ridiculous. As people who basically pay Telltale's electricity bill, we shouldn't have to do all this running around trying to fix this bug (or whatever) ourselves. They need to seriously make a formal statement about this soon. This 'is' their job after all, a job 'we' pay them to do.

• Yeah, then I type it in and then it shows me some artwork of Denaerys and a dragon, and next to it is a message saying

"You've successfully signed in to your TTG account and will be automatically logged in whenever you relaunch the game."

Then I relaunch the game, click on the tab that says Telltale Account and get the same artwork and msg as before. No "my choices" tab anywhere in game.

When you unlink. Then reload the game...is it prompting you to type your email and password again?

• Even my profile in here says

No choices yet...
    As you play Game of Thrones your choices will appear here

both on ep1 and ep2...
    My account is linked my xbox live account and i dont have the "my choices" on my xb1...
    I have tryed to reinstall the game, delete savagames and run the ep1 and 2 again.. still messing up my choices!
    Come on! point of this game is rekt!
    FIX THIS FFS!!
    Start regreting to have buyed the season pass now!!!

Yeah, then I type it in and then it shows me some artwork of Denaerys and a dragon, and next to it is a message saying "You've successful

• Did you try my method? Also Fix Got do you also have season pass? I do not.....wondering why this fix worked for me like a charm but not others.

unk1nd posted: »

Even my profile in here says No choices yet... As you play Game of Thrones your choices will appear here both on ep1 and ep

• I've tried to play ep 2 without choices using an empty slot its suppose to create random choices selection I tried it 4 times it's always the same.

• I just tweeted Phil Spencer, Larry Hryb and Kevin Bruner asking for answers or refunds regarding the issue, maybe they can sort something out I doubt any of them will respond but who knows.

• It's been nearly a week since this all started and this is really disappointing, I'm losing a lot of faith in TT, especially so since the choices issue has been present since December. Really starting to regret buying the SP.
    Even as I write this, GoT is open on Xbone and still I see no Choices option, I've now reinstalled the game and Ep 2 a further 3 times since the last time I commented and still nothing. I unlinked my account and started up Ep 2, nothing. Relinked (Ep 2 showed Tyrion's quote instead and now won't change...weird), nothing.
    ;^;

• The Season Pass may be what's causing the problem so.

Did you try my method? Also Fix Got do you also have season pass? I do not.....wondering why this fix worked for me like a charm but not others.

• Telltale, please. Same Problem for me, i really want to play it again, please fix it!

• No, I dont have the season pass :/

Did you try my method? Also Fix Got do you also have season pass? I do not.....wondering why this fix worked for me like a charm but not others.

• Ok, TTG wtf is this. I have tried to reinstall the game, I have played episode 1 several times, I have tried unlinking my account, I tried to copy my save to other saves, I have played the final scen about 20 times and still... STILL it doesn't show one of my choices in the next episode. I'm really getting pissed off by you ttg. I really don't know what to do anymore. Can't believe you guys released a game this broken.

• I don't have any new tips, I just want to add my voice to this thread. I paid for something, it doesn't work, and I'm pissed. It's making me even more angry that we are being ignored. At least acknowledge the issue. If you're working to fix it that's great, but someone can reply to this thread saying so. Takes 5 seconds. Really making me want to not buy any more of your products since they aren't thoroughly tested, and then your customer service and support just doesn't exist. "Silence is always a valid option." - Telltale Games Support

• They addressed the issue in another thread, all they said was that they are investigating, and then closed the thread...

I don't have any new tips, I just want to add my voice to this thread. I paid for something, it doesn't work, and I'm pissed. It's making me

• This is a joke. I really do enjoy telltale games never had a problem with them before but this is happening to me on the xbox one as well. It's terrible frustrating because surely it's not that hard to fix a save file like they have 3 months to release a game which probably takes 1-2 months at most to complete a epIsolde. I just thinks it's poor from tell tale cause people are paying good money for these games

• edited February 2015

I feel ripped off, lied to and cheated. I am thoroughly disappointed by this ordeal.

• Same exact problem here too.

I've taken to twitter since I know some companies respond there pretty easily. But they seriously need to address this or they're going to have some disgruntled customers.

• Amen- I bought the Season Pass on Xbox One and none of my choices carried over into Episode 2 either. I have been online with a fully working, strong internet connection and my Telltale account is linked to my Xbox Live account, etc. I cannot see my stats in the game or on the website. The website thinks that I have not played any Telltale games. Please give us an update of when this will be fixed, or refund our Season Passes. Our choices are the whole point of this game, and if they are discarded, the game loses its value. It is otherwise a good and fun game and I would like very much to be playing it right now. This has been my first experience with Telltale Games and I must say, I am very disappointed. Had I known of this issue, I would have at least waited to see it fixed before buying a Season Pass.

• I can also say that I was going to buy some of the other Telltale games based on my enjoyment of Episode 1 of Game of Thrones, but now that I have come across this bug, I will not buy anything else from them until I see this issue resolved. After all, it could just as easily happen again.

• Same problem here. Also EP2 seems to have been dissapeared from my harddrive after I completed the episode. I own the season pass and am very dissapointed wth this.

• At least say you are doing something about it, i have spent 4 hours completing the two episodes, then another hour trying to get my save back, redoing saves etc.. i paid £20 for a glitchy game, if you can't sort it out "quickly" at least offer refunds to people who are not satisfied, i enjoy the game but replaying the game again when a patch comes out isn't my idea of fun, basically 5hours wasted, Don't sell a Broken game.

• edited February 2015

Adding my voice to the list of people affected by this issue. Tried a number of workarounds suggested across various forums (for example replaying the last chapter of episode one, or copying the original save to a new slot and replaying the last bit of that), but no joy. Choices not showing up on the website, or when finishing the first episode, and as might be expected I'm getting the default choices on starting episode two. (For the record, my Telltale account looks as though is linked just fine, as my choices from Tales from the Borderlands ep. 1 are showing up on the website.)

Between this and the fact that Telltale still hasn't solved the Tales from the Borderlands season pass issue for those that bought the Telltale Games Collection, I'm beginning to think my 'choice' of buying that bundle is one I'd really rather like to be able to replay...

• I am so done with Telltale. It's a shame because I really enjoy their games, but I've had enough. They have just lost me as a customer.

• edited February 2015

Same issue. It must be related to the lack of choices screen in the game its self and that on the website it shows i haven't made any choices at all.

This issue has been here since launch for XB1 and if it doesn't get fixed soon.. then all of our episodes will be made on default choices and what's the point in playing when games like this are built entirely on the choices you make.

Fix this Telltale the problems been here since launch

TrooperJosh will remember this

• almost a week later and still no fix -.-

• choicesdon'tmatter

• I'm having the same issue. I also tried many workarounds, such as copying my files, unlinking and relinking my account from the game, replaying the whole first episode and the last chapter, etc. I hope they find a solution quickly, but at the same time, people need to lighten up. Telltale is 9/10 times completely on top of things and has consistently released fully working products. That's not to say that this won't leave somewhat of a bad taste in my mouth, though, especially with Tales of the Borderlands episode 2 coming soon. As of right now, I have full trust in Telltale's capability of fixing this problem.

• edited February 2015

You're new here, so check every other discussion on the support page. They all have at least one post from Telltale Staff. It's now been 6 days and still no post from TTG staff on this discussion, even though there are 200 comments here. Please don't tell us what we need to do, we've done what's required of us, we paid for the game! That's where our part ends and Telltale's begins, except they failed and delivered a broken product. Our frustration and anger is 100% justified.

samm3684 posted: »

I'm having the same issue. I also tried many workarounds, such as copying my files, unlinking and relinking my account from the game, replay

• Lighten up? No. How about a company that I pay something for, especially when I purchase the season pass which is basically me putting future trust in them, actually give me a game that works how it's supposed to.

We've dealt with glitches and bugs before, but nothing quite so bad as this, at least that I'm aware of, from Telltale's games. And when we are hearing nothing but; "We're sorry and we're looking into it.", this is NOT good enough for paying customers. Hell, when you order food at a restaurant and it comes back wrong, cold, or is taking too long, you get a server let them know and they fix it or offer you a refund. Telltale has said nothing about fixing it or offering refunds and it's been nearly a full week since the episode's release. Many of us are people who have played most if not all of their games, we have a right as consumers to be upset about this and to get a better answer than we have been given.

Telltale had better not release Borderland Episode 2 before they fix this otherwise that will be the biggest slap in the face from this company yet. "Sorry this game is working, buy and play this other one to hopefully placate you." God forbid the same problem happens, if it does, or even if they release Borderlands Ep.2 before fixing this, they will have lost me as a customer permanently.

Personally, I see people like yourself as part of the problem because you're okay with it and seem to be unfazed aside from "A bad taste in your mouth".

samm3684 posted: »

I'm having the same issue. I also tried many workarounds, such as copying my files, unlinking and relinking my account from the game, replay

• So I booted up the game thinking that surely after a week this would have been fixed. Nope. Nothing. This is so ridiculous.

This discussion has been closed.