Request to Telltale: Please remove the "4-6 weeks" line from your FAQs

Comments

• Then like I said, they need to address the schedule.

Jewfreeus posted: »

no you said we got them every month and we didn't you weren't trying to make a point you were making stuff up anyway episode 1-2 was a 2

• [removed]

Revec posted: »

So you think a roughly 2 hour product where most of the character models, animation are done and coding not having to deal with Navmesh, col

• I'm so sorry to hear that.

Jewfreeus posted: »

i know i have been around for his crap ever since season 2 came out everyone who disagreed with him was a apologist according to him

• edited February 2015

Now you're just going off topic. I never stated I knew about the final product.

I agree we will get a good interactive story game and I look forward to it, but that doesn't mean we should all be happy clappers about everything they should do.

• Really? Look at your last comment.

Now you're just going off topic. I never stated I knew about the final product. I agree we will get a good interactive story game and I look forward to it, but that doesn't mean we should all be happy clappers about everything they should do.

• edited February 2015

Er...I was clearly talking about the format and style of their games. Everyone here knows how that will be. In case you don't, it'll be a like a more interactive visual novel.

Really? Look at your last comment.

• You seem to know that it will be better.

It's funny how you think that your way is better than a successful companies way.

Er...I was clearly talking about the format and style of their games. Everyone here knows how that will be. In case you don't, it'll be a like a more interactive visual novel.

• I think it'd be better. Or they could at least change the 4-6 weeks by 9-14 weeks, I don't know.
    At least it won't get the players's hopes up for nothing. ._.

• He doesn't criticize Telltale, he just points out the truth.

The OP does. All he does is criticize TellTale.

• [removed]

You seem to know that it will be better. It's funny how you think that your way is better than a successful companies way.

• edited February 2015

We don't know the figures so, neither of us can comment on that- though the fact there's threads about the wait show I'm not alone in this.

This is just turning into snide childish remarks now, so I'm just going to drop it.

You seem to know that it will be better. It's funny how you think that your way is better than a successful companies way.

• No, he criticizes TellTale. That's all this guy does. I've seen how he acts when he knows he isn't being monitored by capable moderators.

He doesn't criticize Telltale, he just points out the truth.

• [removed]

We don't know the figures so, neither of us can comment on that- though the fact there's threads about the wait show I'm not alone in this. This is just turning into snide childish remarks now, so I'm just going to drop it.

• Oh? Well I don't anything about this guy so I'm guessing you're right ._.

No, he criticizes TellTale. That's all this guy does. I've seen how he acts when he knows he isn't being monitored by capable moderators.

• OH NO YOU DIDN'T!

Alt text

Who? XD

• Alt text

The new kid on the block, Life is Strange, has promised 1.5 months between releases, and let's see if they can stick to their words.

Life Is Strange has awful voice acting and pretty bad dialogue writing. Something TellTale does not suffer from. I much rather wait ages for a better product then short for crap.

Notice how the word 'usually' is in there. The final episodes usually are within this time period, and older TellTale games actually had monthly releases, which is partially what they are basing this on.

If a FAQ really bothers you, then go write to TellTale. I've learned to accept this, and apperciate the games more since I'm not always impatient.

• Dat gif... XD

OH NO YOU DIDN'T!

• THE KID'S FACE

OH NO YOU DIDN'T!

• Alt text

The new kid on the block, Life is Strange, has promised 1.5 months between releases, and let's see if they can stick to their words.

• I literally just finished played a Life is Strange a few minutes ago and I didn't think it was in any way crap. So basically, they're on a six week schedule too?

• Objecting to blatant lies is "whining"?

Notice how the word 'usually' is in there. The final episodes usually are within this time period, and older TellTale games actually had monthly releases, which is partially what they are basing this on.

This is such a ridiculous defense of Telltale. Telltale claims that episodes are usually released within 4-6 weeks, not that the final episodes are usually released within 4-6 weeks. And their older titles were so different than their current ones that the old time-frames are meaningless. They've made enough games in their current style to know that the 4-6 week estimate is a bad one.

If a FAQ really bothers you, then go write to TellTale.

That's essentially what he's doing. Telltale reads their own forums.

I've learned to accept this, and apperciate the games more since I'm not always impatient.

That's great. The thing is, people are impatient because Telltale gives them false expectations about release dates. Removing or altering the line would decrease this. I really don't understand how people can defend Telltale on this one. I love their games and I can tolerate the waits, but they're straight up lying at this point.

• [removed]

mosfet posted: »

Objecting to blatant lies is "whining"? Notice how the word 'usually' is in there. The final episodes usually are within this time per

• InGen_Nate_KennyInGen_Nate_Kenny Moderator
    edited February 2015

I'm referring to the voice acting and dialogue. They do not impress me by any means.

The choices and situations the characters are in are good though. I just can't stand the voice acting or dialogue.

KCohere posted: »

I literally just finished played a Life is Strange a few minutes ago and I didn't think it was in any way crap. So basically, they're on a six week schedule too?

• edited February 2015

Telltale is entitled to do what they want creatively. They make great games. It doesn't mean they should lie.

• [removed]

Telltale is entitled to do what they want creatively. They make great games. It doesn't mean they should lie.

• And you can feel free to keep taking what I've said out of context. Supporting Telltale's creative freedom is not the same as supporting their lying business practices.

I also think it's telling that you have to go through my past posts looking for a gotcha quote rather than directly addressing my point.

• Supporting Telltale's creative freedom is not the same as supporting their lying business practices.

"Lying business practices", you people make me laugh. How about you try taking Telltale to court for those practices, love to see how that goes.

I also think it's telling that you have to go through my past posts looking for a gotcha quote rather than directly addressing my point.

No, your points weren't addressed to me. I just decided to go through your past posts and just so happens there's a lot of hypocrisy in them, I find it funny how someone so supportive of Telltale and someone that loves their games decides to complain about Telltale like it matters.

Yawn This bores me now, all of this does.

And you can feel free to keep taking what I've said out of context. Supporting Telltale's creative freedom is not the same as supporting the

• Yeah, i guess it would be the best thing to do, but honestly no one cares about that FAQ

• [removed]

Supporting Telltale's creative freedom is not the same as supporting their lying business practices. "Lying business practices", you

• I like Life is Strange's story and characters, but yeah, the voice acting could use some work. And that lip syncing.. ugh

I'm referring to the voice acting and dialogue. They do not impress me by any means. The choices and situations the characters are in are good though. I just can't stand the voice acting or dialogue.

• I thought the voice work was good, but yeah bad lip syncing and terrible facial expressions. Telltale games don't have perfect lip sync either, but their facial expression is good.

Lewsblake23 posted: »

I like Life is Strange's story and characters, but yeah, the voice acting could use some work. And that lip syncing.. ugh

• You're at their forums.

Oh course we like TellTale, majority at least, and it irritates us to see this post because we all have experienced it and more people complaining annoys us.

• We're all fans of their work. Why else would we be here?

But that doesn't mean they're exempt from criticism. In fact, it's constructive criticism they should be looking at and trying to address. Any company in any sort of industry will tell you the same thing.

You're at their forums. Oh course we like TellTale, majority at least, and it irritates us to see this post because we all have experienced it and more people complaining annoys us.

• I don't dislike Telltale at all. I think Sam and Max, Wallace & Gromit, TWDS1 etc are all great games and I look forward to seeing what else they do (although I'm not sure on Minecraft, but time will tell I guess). I just don't think they're above criticism like you seem to think.

If you consider that "ridiculous" then I'm afraid you have an awful lot of growing up to do.

• edited February 2015

[removed]

himmatsj posted: »

I thought the voice work was good, but yeah bad lip syncing and terrible facial expressions. Telltale games don't have perfect lip sync either, but their facial expression is good.

This discussion has been closed.