Kevin Bruner (TTG CEO) about credibility and cadences.

Kevin Bruner (Telltale CEO), last year, said:
One thing about being an episodic developer: credibility.
[…] being really clear up front on where we’re not delivering all the episodes at the same time, what’s the cadences, when we get off of our cadences like when we did in Wolf episode 1-2 - we heard about it very VERY loud and clear. We take it very seriously, we preach reliability around the studio, but if you’re going to be a façade you have to be super credible.

Hear him, starting from [16:09]16:09

Comment.

Comments

• Do you like to start trouble?

• Great more fuel for the fire, who wants weenies?

• Let's bring Vasquez, this fire will probably warm the cockles.

DoubleJump posted: »

Great more fuel for the fire, who wants weenies?

• Sounds like the corporate BS that it is. Telltale have not improved one bit. They're not upfront. No communication whatsoever. Unforgivable really for a developer with as big a stature as theirs.

• Okay, sounds like you're just super impatient.

• Do you really think whining about it is going to bring the episode out sooner?

• Stop whining and just deal with it. Waiting 2-3 months for a 2 hour episode can be frustrating when you look at it as a first glance, I agree, but when you actually play the episode you think fuck the wait and are usually having a great time.

• Bloody, Eugene...

• This thread seems like you're begging for an argument. I don't know what you expected to get out of this, lol.

• ok dead set here now not trying to offend anyone but i have to ask, do you people that constantly whine and bitch about the wait have nothing to do outside of coming to the forums and complaining? no school? no job? no other social things? no other games to play? anything!? it is literally the same people whining over and over again just get over it nothing is gonna change i get it the wait sucks but we all have to deal with it just go play something else or just do something else

• edited February 2015

I agree, some people are acting like their whole lives revolve around these games. I love these games A LOT, believe me, but they are plenty of other stuff I surround myself with in between episodes that other people can be doing as well.

Jewfreeus posted: »

ok dead set here now not trying to offend anyone but i have to ask, do you people that constantly whine and bitch about the wait have nothin

• Valid criticism tbh

• And they also love to show up more when Telltale takes a bit longer with their episodes (like they are now with TFTBL). It get's really annoying hearing all the complaining and whining at times.

I agree, some people are acting like their whole lives revolve around these games. I love these games A LOT, believe me, but they are plenty of other stuff I surround myself with in between episodes that other people can be doing as well.

• It's because it gets more people to jump on their hate.

Green613 posted: »

And they also love to show up more when Telltale takes a bit longer with their episodes (like they are now with TFTBL). It get's really annoying hearing all the complaining and whining at times.

• edited February 2015

Who gives a shit. Get some other interests and that will fix your problem.

• Not really.

Valid criticism tbh

• edited February 2015

As Papai said, no it's really not, since we've heard this (from a lot of the same people) over 50 times by now. All it is, is just unnecessary whining.

Valid criticism tbh

• No communication whatsoever. Unforgivable really for a developer with as big a stature as theirs.

Yes, yes, yes we've heard it already. I take one look at your profile and see that it's almost entirely negative things about Telltale. Nothing good to say? Don't say anything at all (or limit yourself with how many times you say the same old things)

himmatsj posted: »

Sounds like the corporate BS that it is. Telltale have not improved one bit. They're not upfront. No communication whatsoever. Unforgivable really for a developer with as big a stature as theirs.

• I agree there could be some improvements on how they communicate with fans during longer waiting periods, but creating three different threads to complain about Telltale over a few days to complain about release dates seems to only antagonize others into being impatient and doesn't really help things (especially not when we already have the release date thread where users can already discuss release dates.)

Of course, we want open discussion on the forums and we don't want to stymie constructive criticism of Telltale. However, as I said, making multiple threads with general complaints against Telltale's current execution of episodic titles isn't really helpful. If you want to vent about the waiting period, we have the release date thread. If you want to talk about general flaws in Telltale's current formula, you can make a thread in Telltale Talk (aka General Chat). However, making multiple new threads with general criticisms against Telltale in the Borderlands forums just because of the episode 2 wait isn't really conductive to discussion about this game in particular, even if this game is affected by the problems you discuss.

As much as I hate to give off the impression that we are going out of our way to make negative feedback less prominent (considering we are only volunteer Moderators with no incentive to do so), I'm going to close this thread as I get the impression that this thread is just meant to agitate people.

This discussion has been closed.