Will Yvette join Rhys and Vaughn on Pandora?

I was thinking about it and, I know that Yvette won't go on Pandora since she's the only person close to Rhys and Vaughn who can help them to go back to Helios, but I'm pretty sure Vasquez will find out one way or another that she's helping them, and she will probably be worried all the time about her two best friends who are now blacklisted. (plus she's still waiting for her lunch and she booked a table for nothing xD)
I think it'd be cool to see Yvette with Rhys and Vaughn on Pandora, mostly because I want to see more about her character, and her meeting Fiona and Sasha could be great too.
What do you guys think?

Comments

• I think she'll betray them and work for Vas.

• I'm sure there's probably more to her role than we think.

• I don't think so

• I think she'll betray them

• edited January 2015

I swear, if Yvette betrays Rhys and Vaughn over free lunches for life, I'm going to flip some shit.

Betrayal in this situation feels really lazy. She's been friends with Rhys and Vaughn for years, helped Rhys get to the top, and she's shown concern toward them when she explains she can't help. Yvette has nothing that can lead up to her betraying those two. Her being on planet, I dunno, we already have four characters to focus on, maybe we should stick with them for another episode before adding more. (Not to say adding people wouldn't work, I'd just rather our four are fleshed out a bit more before adding other that need the same attention.)

• Yvette is gonna "betray" Rhys but is in actuality secretly betraying Vasquez

• She's obviously the kidnapper and the one we seen on the moon base a hologram. Or I am going completely insane?

• Rhys and Fiona's stories are being told after the fact, so when we meet Yvette in game, a lot of time has passed before the kidnapper has caught them. So I'm pretty sure Yvette is not a hologram, but as the kidnapper? Maybe? I'm still trying to not think it's three different people, let alone adding Yvette into that "who's behind the mask" fiasco.

MasterStone posted: »

She's obviously the kidnapper and the one we seen on the moon base a hologram. Or I am going completely insane?

• Well Rhys has gotta go back to Helios at some point and Yvette will be there to hold down the fort, keep us up to date on what Vasquez is doing, and help us out via vid phone until they get back.

• That's what I think too. I really don't think Yvette (or even Vaughn) will betray Rhys. She's his best friend and keeps helping him when he's on Pandora, she sent a Loader Bot and avoided calling Rhys too long to make sure Vasquez (or other members of Hyperion) won't trace the signal. If Yvette was planning on betraying him, I think she would've done it by now.
    I don't know, but I REALLY don't think she'd be the kind of character who betrays her best friends only to get to the top. But maybe I'm wrong.
    'You've always said 'If one of us moves up, we all move up.'' (Vaughn to Yvette)

Dapnee posted: »

I swear, if Yvette betrays Rhys and Vaughn over free lunches for life, I'm going to flip some shit. Betrayal in this situation feels real

• I've honestly got a bad feeling that she's already being held captive, or possibly dead.

• Pretty sure the kidnapper is Butt Stallion.

MasterStone posted: »

She's obviously the kidnapper and the one we seen on the moon base a hologram. Or I am going completely insane?

• Impossibruuu

nursethalia posted: »

Pretty sure the kidnapper is Butt Stallion.

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator
    edited January 2015

I'm not sure about joining them on Pandora, but there appears to be some kind of cut content that you can view for yourself. If you hover over your choice between Vaughn and Vasquez's deal, there's a picture of Rhys talking to Vasquez over the call, but you can see Yvette standing behind Vasquez, her name is even registered on the call.

Alt text

Alt text

I also think we'll see her in episode 4 "Escape Plan Bravo", because according to some modders in the other forum, it was originally title "Escape From Hyperion", which seems likely as the episode 4 slide has the Hyperion logo in several places.

• Holy crap o.o That's a bad sign.
    Is Yvette betraying Rhys and Vaughn or did she get caught by Vasquez when she was helping them? I can't wait to know! (i'll be really disappointed if she betrayed them)

dojo32161 posted: »

I'm not sure about joining them on Pandora, but there appears to be some kind of cut content that you can view for yourself. If you hover ov

• Well it was cut, so it might not even happen or be a part of the plot anymore.

Holy crap o.o That's a bad sign. Is Yvette betraying Rhys and Vaughn or did she get caught by Vasquez when she was helping them? I can't wait to know! (i'll be really disappointed if she betrayed them)

• I just hope she's in the next episode more. She is described as your other best friend, so... I'd like to see more of that dynamic between all three of them.

• Maybe Vaughn and Yvette won't betray Rhys, but i will betray Vaughn and Yvette Muahahaha

That's what I think too. I really don't think Yvette (or even Vaughn) will betray Rhys. She's his best friend and keeps helping him when he'

• Cough Its the skag...Cough

Pretty sure the kidnapper is Butt Stallion.

• I hope not. Honestly that would waste her character... She's Rhys best friend so I think that, if Telltale plans on killing her at some point, they should make us get attached to her. We have to feel that she's our best friend, and not just some new character that we forget the name or think that she would betray us, because Rhys wouldn't think like that. x)

I've honestly got a bad feeling that she's already being held captive, or possibly dead.

• That's exactly what I think!
    I already like Yvette and I hope Telltale won't forget that she's Rhys and Vaughn's best friend, plus Vaughn told Rhys in the beginning that Yvette and himself worked really hard to get Rhys to this point (of becoming the leader of Hyperion) and that he regrets some of it and that it haunts his dreams every night (well I'm sure it was just to make us laugh but I actually find it really interesting and I hope we will know more about it. By the way that maybe how Rhys got his robot arm ._.)

I just hope she's in the next episode more. She is described as your other best friend, so... I'd like to see more of that dynamic between all three of them.

• edited February 2015

I watched a play through where someone was mean to Vaughn through the whole game once. I hated it.

Maybe Vaughn and Yvette won't betray Rhys, but i will betray Vaughn and Yvette Muahahaha

• Well good thing i was just joking....

I watched a play through where someone was mean to Vaughn through the whole game once. I hated it.

• Oh? Well I can understand. Vaughn is so nice to Rhys and everyone (except Vasquez of course ha), I tried to play a 'Scumbag Rhys' once and I felt so bad for being mean to him like, he's so innocent xD

• I don't like Yvette so it really is no problem for me if she stays up on Helios and/ or work for Hugo Vas. I tried to be mean to her even, didn't work tho. However who knows, there could be more to her character than I think right now.

• Link please? I need it for science reasons (I mean I want to see all outcomes but I just can't bring myself to do sh*t to either of Rhys' friends)

• edited February 2015

(well I'm sure it was just to make us laugh but I actually find it really interesting and I hope we will know more about it. By the way that maybe how Rhys got his robot arm ._.)

Yes please. God I rerally need it. :)

That's exactly what I think! I already like Yvette and I hope Telltale won't forget that she's Rhys and Vaughn's best friend, plus Vaughn

• The let's player definitely played everything I didn't choose and I'm both glad to see the outcomes, and appalled at them at the same time.

DeityD posted: »

Link please? I need it for science reasons (I mean I want to see all outcomes but I just can't bring myself to do sh*t to either of Rhys' friends)

• edited February 2015

Thank you kindly :) The only reason I want to see it really is that sometimes we can learn something new either about the characters or about the story. I'm glad we have youtube for this because being that mean is hard and takes away all the joy for me when I try to do it.

The let's player definitely played everything I didn't choose and I'm both glad to see the outcomes, and appalled at them at the same time.

• Who'll make lunch for her on Pandora? Grease Face? August? No, she won't join her friends.

• Obviously through Rhys' fascination of pot-ware, he's a decent enough cook (or maybe that's just my headcanon).

Omid's cat posted: »

Who'll make lunch for her on Pandora? Grease Face? August? No, she won't join her friends.

• That always struck me as the oddest line... Guess it was my fault for clicking on kitchenware!

Obviously through Rhys' fascination of pot-ware, he's a decent enough cook (or maybe that's just my headcanon).

• "Oh hey, real cast iron. Shame about the cooking situation." ~ One of Rhys' amazing unused lines.

That always struck me as the oddest line... Guess it was my fault for clicking on kitchenware!

• It's not actually unused - he says it if you click on the pan in the caravan!

(I'm the only one who clicked on it, aren't I...?)

"Oh hey, real cast iron. Shame about the cooking situation." ~ One of Rhys' amazing unused lines.

• edited February 2015

He actually says, "Cast iron steel. Impressive... for con artists." in game.

Edit: Thankfully I have my original playthrough on youtube

Alt text

It's not actually unused - he says it if you click on the pan in the caravan! (I'm the only one who clicked on it, aren't I...?)

• Ah, yes - my mistake. Looks like another playthrough is in order, I'm clearly forgetting everything!

He actually says, "Cast iron steel. Impressive... for con artists." in game. Edit: Thankfully I have my original playthrough on youtube

• I can't really see Yvette betraying Ryce and Vaughn. She seems too nice a person to do that. But then again I'd be surprised if she turned up on Pandora, as Vasquez sending her down there would only help Ryce and co. so that'd be a stupid move.

She might betray them if she's promised a big position at Hyperion, or maybe she betrays them and replaces Vasquez (if he dies or something), but otherwise I can't even begin to predict what will happen next.

• I believe she will betray to be honest. She showed reluctance about the whole plan from the start, even if she is a "best friend" does not mean she'd show the same loyalty to you that you are showing to her..

• Well seeing as how Yvette is the equivalent character to Felix on the Rhys side of things (like how Vaughn is equivalent to Sasha, Vasquez to August, etc.) it is a possibility that she could betray Rhys and Vaughn just like Felix betrays Fiona and Sasha...

• Oooh, good point - and I do love narrative symmetry...

Sign in to comment in this discussion.