A horrifying thought

13»

Comments

• If jack takes over Rhys, the we may finally be able to get some #JusticeForJack.

• edited March 2015

Ah, I know what this reminds me of now, where I've seen something a little like this in another game where a character was being controlled through an implant:

Aside from not liking RE6 very much, I don't like this one much too...aaand Sheva what are you wearing?

I mean there's lots of ideas out there based on the concept of mind control or losing control of one's body. Terminator 3 did for example where the terminator got reprogrammed. But that's not as bad as Jill's case because he's still able to talk, but that would still suck if that happened to a human being.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51gf648nRyE

But being used as humor, I'm not sure if I've ever seen it done on those terms. I mean the closest I can think of right now is that silly boss fight in Kingdom Hearts, where the Jafar has Genie's lamp and he's got no choice but to do what he says, and every time gets the Genie close during the fight, he says "quick quick get out of the way!" or "I'm really sorry about all this!" or "I can't watch!" before he swings his arm XD something like that.

Hmmm ;_; I hope Rhys knows how to do CTRL-ALT-DEL

• jack is ded, holo jack is not jack

If jack takes over Rhys, the we may finally be able to get some #JusticeForJack.

• But it's an AI. So still pretty badass.

jack is ded, holo jack is not jack

• #justiceforjack ? You do remember this is the guy who tortured Tannis for days, just to get the vault key from her, right? The guy who hired bandits to kill his grandma and then sent the vault hunters to take care of them so he didn't have to pay them?

Justice was Lilith fixing a mistake.

(More on topic with the thread) The game has alluded to their simulatories, the guy trying to get up in the company, "a pitiful little code monkey", eye difference. If Jack doesn't take control more than once, I'd actually be surprised.

If jack takes over Rhys, the we may finally be able to get some #JusticeForJack.

• I really hope Rhys doesn't end up resembling Jack in every way - it looks as though we're finding a vault in episode five, I don't want Rhys to die!

• Aaaaah NO! I'm wrong! I'm so wrong! There's something else I remember from the 4th RE game [that one that didn't suck so bad] on mind control. There's this dude who controls people through the parasites implanted in their body as eggs, kinda like Alien! Capcom took a lot of ideas from Aliens from their early monsters, it's so obvious but whatever!

This! THIS is the scary shit you don't want happening Rhys, on him losing control in a snap of the fingers and anybody around him being in danger they don't see coming until it's too laaaaate! T_T

I CAN'T BELIEVE I FORGOT ABOUT THIIIIIIS!

Lilacsbloom posted: »

Ah, I know what this reminds me of now, where I've seen something a little like this in another game where a character was being controlled

• lilith hasnt became evil, its just her bitchiness. she allways was like this even in borderlands 1 if youll listen to little dialogue she has

Bokor posted: »

Vengeful isn't necessarily the same thing as evil. Although a Siren antagonist, especially one we've already come to know, could be interesting.

• Just stab Rhys in the leg if he goes all HJ, he'll be fine.

Lilacsbloom posted: »

Aaaaah NO! I'm wrong! I'm so wrong! There's something else I remember from the 4th RE game [that one that didn't suck so bad] on mind contro

• He only has control of the eye, arm, and the cybernetic interface components including the storage drive where Jack's memory/personality simulation resides, but not the organic body and brain. If he could read thoughts, he wouldn't need to talk to Rhys at all and would know everything he knows, so there's that. There might be a way for him to short out the cybernetics to kill Rhys, but not to really take fine control of his motor functions with random short circuiting or even directed attempts when its not necessarily wired to the places it would need to be in the brain. He could kill Rhys with the cybernetic arm, but it'd be hard for him to do much more to take over the body without Rhys knowing and doing something to stop him from getting the major components it would take and the procedures to install them. Rhys could get a signal jammer to stop Jack from using remote access on other computers, if Jack tried to hack a loader bot to restrain Rhys for instance, and just put it on his boot so Jack couldn't reach it (he can't force Rhys to bend). If Rhys' cybernetics could take over his body, Vasquez would have brought something from Hyperion designed to upload to the cybernetics and just take over his body to remote control him. Hyperion sent him to get what Rhys has in his head (Jack), and they have his medical records (they probably installed all the hardware), so they'd have thought of that right away. You can reach and say they didn't want to risk damaging Jack, but using force to retrieve Rhys is probably more of a risk.

Now if Hyperion captures him, then they'd have no problem replacing his brain with Jack I'm sure. But would they even want to do that? I'm sure the new owners want to keep what they have now. More likely they want to lock him in a box and extract any secrets they can before wiping him out of existence. Could Jack escape Hyperion? Probably. He probably has back doors into all the systems and can turn all the robots against anyone he wants no doubt. If he's doing that, he might as well make himself a new body now that he's back in charge and can easily get a clone of himself made to load into rather than being stuck in Rhys.

• Jack Upgrades Rhys eye in the desert then gets control of his arm, If Rhys lets Jack handle Team Douchebags with the bots he lets Jack in deeper. Whose to say that as Rhys gives Jack more and more power it becomes less like "you can watch me puppet your body against your will" and more like "There is no Rhys only Jack".

He only has control of the eye, arm, and the cybernetic interface components including the storage drive where Jack's memory/personality sim

• Nonononononononono

I refuse to believe this!

Deathtrap posted: »

as far as i know this is the only time it has happens in any of the games and besides Rhys i'm hard pressed to come up with anyone else with

• Oh my gosh.. I hope not (That Rhys is going to be the baddie).. Sure I can like the struggle of him fighting against AIJack taking over his implants..

But Fiona and Rhys have to be happily ever after! :(

• CapnJayCapnJay Banned
    edited March 2015

I prefer Fiona and Vaughn, with Rhys and Sasha IMO putting the two leads is a bit too cliche.

Linsepins posted: »

Oh my gosh.. I hope not (That Rhys is going to be the baddie).. Sure I can like the struggle of him fighting against AIJack taking over his implants.. But Fiona and Rhys have to be happily ever after!

• (This is a theory, by the way.) Well, I think Jack will take control no matter what. You won't be able to play Rhys at the start of episode five, until near the end. Fiona, Sasha, and Vaughn will try to stop Jack. Jack will be defeated, but won't let Rhys back to control. As Fiona, you rather Shoot Rhys or Let Vaughn and Sasha convince him to stop. If you shoot Rhys, you hit him in the Echo Eye and doesn't die, but destroys Jack. Rhys will no longer trust Fiona, but still will stick with her, Sasha, and Vaughn. If you let Vaughn and Sasha convince him, Rhys deletes him, and trusts everyone, and sticks with them. I feel like this is very likely for Episode Five.

Oh my gosh.. I hope not (That Rhys is going to be the baddie).. Sure I can like the struggle of him fighting against AIJack taking over his implants.. But Fiona and Rhys have to be happily ever after!

• Well if it's the end perhaps Rhys will part ways and based on decisions in episodes 3 4 and 5 might determine who splits off with who. Maybe players can make Rhyona or Rhysha {im a Team Rhysha myself] and have a different amount of endings like Season 2 of TWD. The Bro Ending. Fi alone a ending.etc. Personally i'd appreciate a possible Rhys is now in charge of hyperion with Sasha as the Nisha and Vaughn as Fiona's partner in crime. Fiona loves adventure. Vaughn loves the excitement of Pandora. Rhys wants to be important in Hyperion. Sasha wants to get off pandora. But ultimately if none of that is possible i will settle for Yvette taking over Hyperion.

RhysAndLee posted: »

(This is a theory, by the way.) Well, I think Jack will take control no matter what. You won't be able to play Rhys at the start of episode

• Even though it's really cool idea, I still don't want Rhys to become a bad guy. It would feel so bad to see our lovable hero to lose his true personality....

• Well thats the thing of course. I mean if you beat the presequel you can see Lilith ready to jump down the slippery slope. And also the tales of the borderlands presequel costumes gives the handsome jack doppleganger Rhys look and Nisha Fiona's. Which isn't looking good for team Rhysha which I am on

nohuhhuh posted: »

Even though it's really cool idea, I still don't want Rhys to become a bad guy. It would feel so bad to see our lovable hero to lose his true personality....

Sign in to comment in this discussion.