Is Rhys a Siren?!?

Comments

• Crazed, I will pay you five dollars to never show that picture again.

• Only thing I can think about now ... Alt text

• Cough up da cash

Alt text

Dapnee posted: »

Crazed, I will pay you five dollars to never show that picture again.

• I seriously will, what's your email you use for PayPal?

Cough up da cash

• edited March 2015

Yo i aint using no sissy lil' paypal mail it to antarctica

Alt text

Dapnee posted: »

I seriously will, what's your email you use for PayPal?

• Its been confirmed that only females can be sirens. So unless Rhys is trans-gender....

• That... would actually be pretty cool. I don't think I've ever played a trans character in a game before, it would be pretty damn inclusive/awesome if Telltale did that. I doubt it will happen, but now I can't stop thinking about how epic it would be.

Terkoun posted: »

Well there could be super-massive-plot-twist revealing that Rhys is originaly female XD. (just going through all possibilities) *runs away

• It would be very VERY interesting, but as you say, I don't believe it. I think, what he has on chest are just some tattoos with no significance.

nursethalia posted: »

That... would actually be pretty cool. I don't think I've ever played a trans character in a game before, it would be pretty damn inclusive/

• maybe some scavs at highscool tattoo it on him while for the lulz, yknow cause sirens are female

• To be honest, yes, it would!

nursethalia posted: »

That... would actually be pretty cool. I don't think I've ever played a trans character in a game before, it would be pretty damn inclusive/

• Maybe he's such a Handsome Jack fanboy that he saw Angel's tattoos and put them on to be inspired.

Lol he's still a loser, Siren or not.

• That would be the saddest thing in the history of the world.

That being said, I don't think the average Hyperion employer knew about Angel.

Maybe he's such a Handsome Jack fanboy that he saw Angel's tattoos and put them on to be inspired. Lol he's still a loser, Siren or not.

• May I ask where that image comes from?

• Im not sure you want to know...

Alt text

LawmanZero posted: »

May I ask where that image comes from?

• TELL MEEEEEEEEE.

Im not sure you want to know...

• But Rhys probably stalked you...

That would be the saddest thing in the history of the world. That being said, I don't think the average Hyperion employer knew about Angel.

• edited March 2015

I don't really see him doing that.

I totally see Professor Failyama doing so, do. He's even more obsessed than Rhys.

Remember, Jack? He was going through your trash and doing...things with it.

Poogers555 posted: »

But Rhys probably stalked you...

• what..

Terkoun posted: »

Well there could be super-massive-plot-twist revealing that Rhys is originaly female XD. (just going through all possibilities) *runs away

• HAHHAHHAH that killed me bruhhh

Omid's cat posted: »

No. He's...

• Uh...I think.

• Cass has to be one of the best characters on that show. He doesn't even need to talk... Just his face is soo funny.

DeityD posted: »

Cause SPN cast gifs can fit almost everywhere.

• Ok, I don't know why this subject is up again, but since it is, and I have nothing better to do because ep.4 is not here yet and I'm totally not being passive-aggressive about that, I'll give my random thoughts on it:

pros:

• it is a bit suspicious that the unexplained tattoos on Rhys' chest are blue... they could have been literally any other color, but no.

• we only get to see them on present-time Rhys due to his open collar, so it kinda smells of a plot point... were they there all that time? Are they a new thing - a result of some experimental procedure to turn Rhys into a Vault-opener? By Hyperion? By newly-resurrected Jack? We just don't know, but they seem important.

• I don't really think it would matter that they're not as wispy as 'real' siren tattoos, since Rhys would be something of a special case anyway. Differences would be expected, besides we don't know what the entirety of the tattoo looks like.

cons:

• weird.

• as said before, if Rhys is a male siren, kinda lore-defying, although if he's an experimental thing that could be circumnavigated, I guess.

• still a bit of an ass-pull.

• if Rhys is trans, somewhat too progressive for modern gaming culture, possibly causing an implosion of the known universe.

• also actually still an ass-pull.

• would probably require TFTB players to be familiar with the concept of a siren, so far exclusive to the main BL games.

• why isn't he using his awesome powers to curbstomp the Stranger like, rn.

Conclusion: idk.

• The answer is simple.

We need shirtless Rhys ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Ok, I don't know why this subject is up again, but since it is, and I have nothing better to do because ep.4 is not here yet and I'm totally

• Saying that only Females can be Sirens is like saying that only females can be Mermaids. Men can be too, they´d of course be called differently......

However I don´t believe he is one since he would have discovered his powers a long time ago.

• Basically, Cass -

Alt text

It's a good thing we have him in SPN.
    He brought some levity in the show.

Arya_Stupid posted: »

Cass has to be one of the best characters on that show. He doesn't even need to talk... Just his face is soo funny.

• Rhys' tattoos are most likely blue because.... hmm.... Echo eye and Font color and His main friggen color, I mean seriously come on

Ok, I don't know why this subject is up again, but since it is, and I have nothing better to do because ep.4 is not here yet and I'm totally

• Sorry! I accidentally pressed the post button ;-;

• Yo, I don't even believe that he is a siren myself, mainly because of of the cons I mentioned. Just listing some potential points of interest. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

bigdogg0821 posted: »

Rhys' tattoos are most likely blue because.... hmm.... Echo eye and Font color and His main friggen color, I mean seriously come on

• Actually Anthony Burch and Randy Pitchford of Gearbox both said that they've been encouraging having a trans playable character in a Borderlands game, so it's not too progressive for Borderlands. They've got several gay characters already.

But this is my favorite ass-pull theory just to have fun with and bring up at random times. I could bring up BS evidence I've collected, but I also don't want people thinking I'm a tinfoil hat wearer that thinks it's actually true. So. I won't speak too much unless I'm spoken to ahah.

• edited July 2015

Yeah, but they're Borderlands guys, not TT staff, so idk how much influence they have on TFTB overall. And honestly, I feel Gearbox have been playing it fairly safe anyway... visible lesbians and bisexual women always go over better than visible gay men, and such... Hence in-your-face Janey, fluffy JAthena, Moxxi, Tiny Tina, etc. but blink-and-you'll-miss-it Hammerlock, accidental Axton and joke character Nakayama... And I feel like ppl on the net are only making it worse. Idk, maybe I'm being unfair, but I'm jaded as fuck, and I used to defend SJWs, since I've felt is was an unfairly maligned label, but I've seen some shit lately, and I just don't know anymore.

I'm jaded, man.

That said, I'm not against it. I just doubt it will happen, and doubt that it would be implemented well even more. Also, probably not the space to discuss it, yeah.

mirashade posted: »

Actually Anthony Burch and Randy Pitchford of Gearbox both said that they've been encouraging having a trans playable character in a Borderl

• No, it's part of Borderlands lore that only women can have siren powers.

JackMarco posted: »

Saying that only Females can be Sirens is like saying that only females can be Mermaids. Men can be too, they´d of course be called differently...... However I don´t believe he is one since he would have discovered his powers a long time ago.

• Yeah, he lightens things up when Sam and Dean are getting to angsty and dramatic. :)

DeityD posted: »

Basically, Cass - It's a good thing we have him in SPN. He brought some levity in the show.

• Honestly i think gearbox has more say on the lore than TT

Yeah, but they're Borderlands guys, not TT staff, so idk how much influence they have on TFTB overall. And honestly, I feel Gearbox have bee

• Umm... Sir, don't forget about your daughter... :)

Don't forget Commandant Steele, too!

• Really? Has that been confirmed by someone?

Flog61 posted: »

No, it's part of Borderlands lore that only women can have siren powers.

• JackMarco posted: »

Really? Has that been confirmed by someone?

• Maybe he'll get those tattoos in episode 4

• Are you serious?

First: The wiki is based on facts we know up until now not facts that might not have been established yet....

Second: A male Siren wouldn´t literally BE a male Siren for crying out loud. They would of course be called differently. They would be male equivalents to Sirens just like Mermen are male equivalents to Mermaids. They aren´t Mermaids either.

To say otherwise would be like saying there can´t be male Mermaids because wiki says Mermaids are female.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mermaid

Poogers555 posted: »

http://borderlands.wikia.com/wiki/Siren

Sign in to comment in this discussion.