Episode 2 trailer discussion thread.

dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator
edited March 2015 in Tales from the Borderlands

Might as well have one to theorize about what may happen in this episode based off the trailer outside of the release date thread.

Episode 2 trailer

Comments

• I thought it was fantastic. One of the best moments was when Sasha was trying to enhance the image and Fiona goes, "Just stop." That and AI Handsome Jack were great.

• So I'm looking at this trailer, and I'm hypothesizing:

Loader Bot

Alt text

VS

This thing

Alt text

• The trailer just blew my mind - I've already watched it like 10 times. It seems like we can expect Jack to be an asshole (but still annoyingly charismatic), both Hyperion and August's thugs to be after us, and basically some awesome shit to go down. It looks as though the gang get separated again when the caravan is being attacked - seems like the back part falls off taking Rhys, Vaughn and possibly Loaderbot with it and they end up stranded in the desert. I'm curious about what's going to happen with Vaughn and Sasha because I feel like something is going to happen to them, maybe not in this episode but soon.

• Well, Loader Bot was there, so I'm satisfied. :)

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator

If only that Rakk Hive was Roscoe.

Alt text

J-Master posted: »

So I'm looking at this trailer, and I'm hypothesizing: Loader Bot VS This thing

• That is a rakk hive.

It is also a total dick, so Loader Bot doesn't have to feel guilty about killing it.

J-Master posted: »

So I'm looking at this trailer, and I'm hypothesizing: Loader Bot VS This thing

• I'm most excited to see what goes on with Athena. Man, what HAPPENED to that girl?

Considering where the end of the Pre-Sequel left us, I'm going to assume that it's something Eridian-influenced. Those eyes ain't normal.

• Yeah, I'm curious as to whether we are gonna be getting some subtle nods toward the Borderlands 3 story while dealing with Athena throughout the game.

• If I'm honest I feel like this episode will not have a lot of story development, but that doesn't mean it won't be good. I'm really looking forward to being able to talk to Handsome Jack, him and Rhys' conversation look like it will be a pretty intense scene.

• ... I've been combing over the Athena section of that trailer for a bit.

In addition to her obvious eyes, the shout she gives when she throws her shield. Does it sound a little... inhuman to anyone?

• Given how Athena looks in the trailer, I'm guessing that SOMETHING is corrupting the Vault Hunters slowly. It might not affect all of them, (Claptrap or Zero may stay normal) but the protagonists are going to be a lot of trouble if the Vault Hunters are after them.

Look, from BL1, we have the most powerful siren on Pandora, a man who can punch explosions with his bare hands without any damage, and a man who single-handedly won the Underdome. From TPS, we've got an ex-Atlas assassin who nearly took down an entire gun corporation by herself, an annoying robot who is also a capable medic and can't be destroyed, an arrogant big game hunter who freezes whole armies if they touch her, and probably a body double with wrist lasers, holograms and a lot of bonuses to the weapons he uses. From BL2, there's a glory hound with an extremely overpowered turret, another Siren who can brainwash enemies into fighting for her, a midget on Steroids who can dual wield rocket launchers without suffering from recoil, an assassin who one-shots people with a sniper rifle, pistol or katana, an 18-year-old engineering genius with a floating death machine that wipes out bandit armies, and a 6 foot tall badass Psycho can can't be put down.

They are all extremely dangerous and are shown to be capable of looting stuff while wiping out whole regiments in 15 minutes or so, and could pose a serious threat to the protagonists if they go after them.

Now, onto my next point. The Vault Key is an artifact on par with the One Ring of Sauron. For anyone who hasn't read or watched The Lord Of The Rings, the Ring corrupts people by giving them power yet twisting and breaking them to obey the will of Sauron. Could the new Vault or the Vault Key found from BL2 corrupt the Vault Hunters slowly? Lilith is seen being very cold and ruthless in TPS...so it's not long before the corruption spreads to Brick and Mordy.

On the other hand, Jack said that he's made sacrifices to bring order to Pandora. Seeing how much of a ruthless dictator he is, that started a 3-year war that killed billions of people, I wouldn't be surprised if one of his more successful plans was to "put pheromones in the air that make the Vault Hunters go nuts."

The third option is that Jack's AI Ghost can possess people somehow. That would be scary.

Or, Fiona and Sasha just really pissed Athena off or something.

• As long as a theory like this ends WELL for the Vault Hunters, I'm down with this!

If it doesn't end well for them... I don't want to see my darling Axton dead. D:

LawmanZero posted: »

Given how Athena looks in the trailer, I'm guessing that SOMETHING is corrupting the Vault Hunters slowly. It might not affect all of them,

• edited March 2015

Hopefully a few certain ones won't be affected.

Also, are you ActionHank from Gearbox Forums? I was LawmanZero on the old forums, and 15wongnh1 on the new one.

ActionHank posted: »

As long as a theory like this ends WELL for the Vault Hunters, I'm down with this! If it doesn't end well for them... I don't want to see my darling Axton dead.

• I really like this. But I don't think it's what Telltale will have gone for.

She certainly looks like she's being controlled, and when we look at the facts, she's an ex-Crimson Lance assassin, trained from birth. It's possible that Atlas gave her some "conditioning".

Though I like your idea much more.

Given how Athena looks in the trailer, I'm guessing that SOMETHING is corrupting the Vault Hunters slowly. It might not affect all of them,

• My friend also put that idea up too, on her blog and Fanfiction PMs.

Trentest0 posted: »

I really like this. But I don't think it's what Telltale will have gone for. She certainly looks like she's being controlled, and when we

• Yes I am! The one and only.

Save for the times I see the dreaded words "Username already taken".

Hopefully a few certain ones won't be affected. Also, are you ActionHank from Gearbox Forums? I was LawmanZero on the old forums, and 15wongnh1 on the new one.

• edited March 2015

Good to see you here then!

(Those words are the bane of nearly everyone who wants a unique, fresh username.)

Yes I am! The one and only. Save for the times I see the dreaded words "Username already taken".

• You as well! Now that you mention it, I've seen your name around.

The old forums didn't ACTUALLY have their own Tales section, it just linked to here. So I signed up here.

The new forums DO have a Tales section but... none of them are using it anyway. So.

Good to see you here then! (Those words are the bane of nearly everyone who wants a unique, fresh username.)

• Well, I'll see if we can make a thread or something there.

You as well! Now that you mention it, I've seen your name around. The old forums didn't ACTUALLY have their own Tales section, it just li

• Ey y'know what, yeah. I'll drag in some of the speculation along the way. #ANTITHENA?

Hashtags seem to be the rage 'round here.

Well, I'll see if we can make a thread or something there.

• EVILTHENA YES. WARN THEM. WATCH THE FORUMS EXPLODE. IT'S QUIETER THAN A CRICKET CINEMA IN THERE. WE NEED SOME ACTIVITY.

Ey y'know what, yeah. I'll drag in some of the speculation along the way. #ANTITHENA? Hashtags seem to be the rage 'round here.

• Blazing sun, a little sand and Vaughn becomes a Muslim.

Alt text

• Well, I posted a topic there hoping to fire some people up damnit. There's some veterans there who I wanna see if they're excited as I am.

EVILTHENA YES. WARN THEM. WATCH THE FORUMS EXPLODE. IT'S QUIETER THAN A CRICKET CINEMA IN THERE. WE NEED SOME ACTIVITY.

• You can copypaste my idea.

Also, how do we get attention from the other users? Post in the BL2 forum?

Well, I posted a topic there hoping to fire some people up damnit. There's some veterans there who I wanna see if they're excited as I am.

• Rhys: facepalm

Omid's cat posted: »

Blazing sun, a little sand and Vaughn becomes a Muslim.

• Bigby and Lee return <3

• TBH it might just be for dramatic effect. wasnt there a screenshot where her eyes looked normal

• I wonder who's going to write this episode.

• Also, at 10 seconds, return of the magic mirror? Gavin Hammon Confirmed Episode 2!?

:O

• Even if it is just dramatic effect, there's still questions to be raised in that case. She's presumably on the side of the vault hunters, and Zer0 had no problem with the Tales heroes. What happened between the Pre-Sequel and now to make Athena turn on everyone. OR, what did the Tales Heroes do in episode to to possibly make EVERYONE turn on them? Vault Hunting competition they aren't cut out for?

zeke10 posted: »

TBH it might just be for dramatic effect. wasnt there a screenshot where her eyes looked normal

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator

That's Vaughn at ten seconds in.

Poogers555 posted: »

Also, at 10 seconds, return of the magic mirror? Gavin Hammon Confirmed Episode 2!? :O

• Maybe she's a bounty hunter, Sasha and Fiona are wanted. And without Felix with them, their wanted notices are probably all over the echo-net.

Her eyes might be similar to how Rhys', however instead of an echo net hook up, they can see heat signatures, gauge distances, other Terminator-esque effects.

Even if it is just dramatic effect, there's still questions to be raised in that case. She's presumably on the side of the vault hunters, an

• It's behind them

dojo32161 posted: »

• Alt text

dojo32161 posted: »

• Fig. 1: An extremely accurate representation, as drawn by Handsome Jack on the whiteboard during a board meeting.

• Damn, you got em styles.

• Hopefully a Claptrap? No...?

Okay then :(

• Still confused on how that round robot in the "next time" video fits into the next episode. Is it in that building that Rhys brings up? Cause the only other thing I can think of it coming from is a "successor" to the claptrap line from Hyperion, but seems a bit weird.

• The sad thing is I didn't even draw it (found it on google images), the even sadder thing is that it's still infinitely better than anything I could do!

Crips posted: »

Damn, you got em styles.

• Yeah, I think it will be in the building.

Since the little robot's name is Gortys and the initials on the building are GP, probably Gortys Project or something

Dapnee posted: »

Still confused on how that round robot in the "next time" video fits into the next episode. Is it in that building that Rhys brings up? Caus

Sign in to comment in this discussion.