Tired of waiting. Can I get my money back?

Seriously. Your game was entertaining for a very short while, but I've completely lost interest because of your "schedule." Let's face it, it isn't like you're pumping out A quality content and animation. I understand I only paid $25 and I wouldn't be writing this if I got all the content for it, but to wait this long is bordering on fraud.

Perhaps if your staff didn't drop Borderlands for Game of Thrones, you could get out another 3 hours of content out in a third of a year. I understand things take time but honestly, how many assets were actually developed for this? Is every episode hand coded?

Comments

• You DO realize that it's releasing like, next week right?

And I'm pretty sure they worked on GoT first because it has 6 episodes instead of the usual 5.

By the way, how exactly is it 'bordering on fraud'? No one said when episodes were coming out, nothing was said at all until PAX East. The very definition of episodic is 'occurring occasionally and at irregular intervals'.

• I understand I only paid $25 and I wouldn't be writing this if I got all the content for it

Do you understand though that when you paid your money for it that it was going to be episodic?

Perhaps if your staff didn't drop Borderlands for Game of Thrones

They didn't drop Borderlands for GoT Lmao, they announced both of them literally on the same day.

I understand things take time

No, you clearly don't.

TLDR, you're not getting your money back, too bad bru.

• Firstly, the game is coming out next week, so you don't have much more waiting to do. Secondly, Telltale usually takes more time to release the 2nd episode of a series, so a wait as long as this one should probably not happen again for the rest of the episodes of TFTB.

• edited March 2015

So what if it's releasing next week? This is a blatant ripoff. At what point do you get sick of paying money for nothing? I bought based on the release schedule they published, and they disregarded it without explanation. That constitutes paying money for no services rendered to me. Go look that up in a criminal code and tell me what that definition is.

I was hopeful for a while, then apathetic. Now I'm angry. Maybe if so-called fans (more like hostages) weren't so forgiving of a company's obligations to meet their commitments, they might be obliged to get off their asses and produce a measly 3 hours of content.

I will happily waive all further episodes if I could get my money back. Let's face it, the first content was barely memorable and after 4 months it hasn't aged well. Even if the second one actually releases next week, why would I want to wait the better part of 2 years to get the content I bought?

BlueShadiw posted: »

You DO realize that it's releasing like, next week right? And I'm pretty sure they worked on GoT first because it has 6 episodes instead

• At what point do you get sick of paying money for nothing?

Paying money for nothing yet the episode comes out next week. Lol.

Hammerhil posted: »

So what if it's releasing next week? This is a blatant ripoff. At what point do you get sick of paying money for nothing? I bought based o

• Perhaps if your staff didn't drop Borderlands for Game of Thrones

Anytime I see someone say something like this, I stop taking them seriously because it's clear they didn't do basic research on what it is they're trying to complain about.

• edited March 2015

This is a blatant ripoff. At what point do you get sick of paying money for nothing?

So, you're telling me that if you preorder a game from Gamestop/Walmart or whatever maybe a month and a half before it comes out that it's a ripoff?

Maybe if so-called fans (more like hostages) weren't so forgiving of a company's obligations to meet their commitments

It's less of the fact that we're forgiving, and more like we're fucking patient.

why would I want to wait the better part of 2 years to get the content I bought?

This right here is what I'm talking about. If you've ever bought a TT game before you'd know how long it tooks to come out with one. It's not like sticking two stick figures together and calling it an animation. They also have to get VAs to speak lines, and the list goes on. It takes time and effort, plus you have to take into account the fact that they are working on TWO series right now, not just one.

[Mod edit: Insult redacted]

So what if it's releasing next week? This is a blatant ripoff. At what point do you get sick of paying money for nothing? I bought based o

• Speaking of apologists, it seems I have stirred the nest a little. Tell me, do you appreciate paying money and not getting what you paid for?

So what if they have finally come up with a release date? Do I have any of that content? Have they met any commitments for Ep 2 or any other episodes? A date on a calendar isn't meeting their commitments.

I ask again, how does one get their money back for services not rendered?

• So glad you're happy with getting the shaft. Me? Not so much.

Green613 posted: »

I understand I only paid $25 and I wouldn't be writing this if I got all the content for it Do you understand though that when you p

• Next week is not now. Next week is not a month ago. I don't want to reward people who don't live up to their commitments.

Green613 posted: »

At what point do you get sick of paying money for nothing? Paying money for nothing yet the episode comes out next week. Lol.

• edited March 2015

Now you're just being rude and ignoring comments that are disproving your claims because you're mad.

Speaking of apologists, it seems I have stirred the nest a little. Tell me, do you appreciate paying money and not getting what you paid fo

• they are working on TWO series right now, not just one.

They have separate teams for the games, so one does not interfere with the other.

This is a blatant ripoff. At what point do you get sick of paying money for nothing? So, you're telling me that if you preorder a ga

• Not really getting the shaft if you stop complaining by the end of the season. Personally I buy their games either way, because I enjoy them. I pay, I get episodes, I don't see where I'm "getting the shaft" lol.

So glad you're happy with getting the shaft. Me? Not so much.

• edited March 2015

How does waiting = not getting what I payed for? I waited for TWD S1, S2, and TWAU, I seem to have a fully functioning season of all those 3 with my Steam account right now. Your logic is very flawed friend.

Speaking of apologists, it seems I have stirred the nest a little. Tell me, do you appreciate paying money and not getting what you paid fo

• If you have a better reason for them not getting their jobs done, would you be so kind as to tell me exactly what the hold up is then?

Perhaps if your staff didn't drop Borderlands for Game of Thrones Anytime I see someone say something like this, I stop taking them seriously because it's clear they didn't do basic research on what it is they're trying to complain about.

• Well I didn't know that. Regardless, this person clearly isn't patient.

they are working on TWO series right now, not just one. They have separate teams for the games, so one does not interfere with the other.

• This and his comment about 'stirring the nest' lead me to believe he's just out for attention. We might just have to ignore this soon.

Now you're just being rude and ignoring comments that are disproving your claims because you're mad.

• They have separate teams working on their games. This is known. We don't exactly know why it took a little longer than usual to release this episode. It's not a big deal. Go find something else to do in the meantime.

If you have a better reason for them not getting their jobs done, would you be so kind as to tell me exactly what the hold up is then?

• If more people spoke out and demanded the service they paid for, lateness wouldn't happen, and maybe this will encourage others to demand what they paid for. Maybe then TTG would actually try to get the job done or at least communicate what is going on. When episodes are supposed to be released every 5-8 weeks and they aren't, every one of us has a right to complain about their lack of commitment.

Tell me, have you ever had to meet a deadline that someone has paid you to make? What happens to you if you don't meet it?

This and his comment about 'stirring the nest' lead me to believe he's just out for attention. We might just have to ignore this soon.

• I bought based on the release schedule they published, and they disregarded it without explanation.

What promised schedule is that exactly? I'd like you to tell me where you heard Telltale say, "We will release episodes consistently on this date and time." Telltale has always released episodes when everything is done, which is better than pumping out rushed projects every one or two months.

Maybe if so-called fans (more like hostages) weren't so forgiving of a company's obligations to meet their commitments, they might be obliged to get off their asses and produce a measly 3 hours of content.

Why do people always resort to the fanboys, defenders, and sympathizers argument, it's the worst argument in the books and is only used by people who can't come up with a better argument.

• Tell me, do you appreciate paying money and not getting what you paid for?

I am getting what I paid for, a memorable game and experience that has fantastic writing, characters, and story that keeps me invested in the game.

• My span of patience ended when they failed to meet their commitments and didn't care enough about their customers to even give an explanation as to why.

Believe me, if I realized that TTS ignores their own release schedule I wouldn't have bought. I have bought episodic content before, and I have never had to wait for more than a week past expected release date for it, and with many apologies and explanations as to why.

Well I didn't know that. Regardless, this person clearly isn't patient.

• edited March 2015

If more people spoke out and demanded the service they paid for, lateness wouldn't happen, and maybe this will encourage others to demand what they paid for

No, what would happen is a rushed product being pushed out the door and people like you complaining of the lack of quality of the game. I'd rather have a 4 month wait for a fantastic game than a one or two month wait for shit.

And again, Telltale never promised a date for when their episodes are released, therefore there isn't a deadline. It's always been finished when it's finished.

If more people spoke out and demanded the service they paid for, lateness wouldn't happen, and maybe this will encourage others to demand wh

• When episodes are supposed to be released every 5-8 weeks

And where exactly did you hear this? TTG never releases a game that quick, if they did it couldn't be considered a game.

If you heard this from an outisde source, it's wrong. Never trust anyone but TTG themselves.

Then again, if what you're saying is true and they used to have a deadline (keyword USED), and removed it then clearly they needed more time. Are you gonna get the episodes within 5-8 weeks? Hell no. Are you gonna get them period? Yes. It's not like they'll never, ever send you the finished product. If they did, they wouldn't be running. You and your 'talk of deadlines' doesn't really back up your arguement.

If more people spoke out and demanded the service they paid for, lateness wouldn't happen, and maybe this will encourage others to demand wh

• Didn't you just post a long and whining sobfest about the same thing? I refuse to bargain with someone who says they will meet a 5-8 week time schedule and fails miserably.

I would actually like to get a TTS staffer to contact me about this. Tomorrow I dispute the charges with Paypal and my credit card. Maybe they will have time to deal with the credit mess that causes if they can't take the time to deal with me directly.

• "Oh no i have to wait"

Next week is not now. Next week is not a month ago. I don't want to reward people who don't live up to their commitments.

• edited March 2015

Alright, now you're just being silly. You're not getting a refund for the reasons you stated.

Didn't you just post a long and whining sobfest about the same thing? I refuse to bargain with someone who says they will meet a 5-8 week t

• [removed]

Didn't you just post a long and whining sobfest about the same thing? I refuse to bargain with someone who says they will meet a 5-8 week t

• Sobfest? Whining? What the fuck are you talking about, I'm correcting you and telling you how Telltale works and makes games based on my experience with this company. Telltale has never said they will always release episode every 5-8 weeks, so I don't see why you're so pissed. A Telltale staffer will gladly tell you everything I and everyone else has told you, that it will be released when everything is finished and that they have never promised a set release date. And if they did, they'd be suffering the same problems as Life is Strange, leaked episodes and several other problems.

• Didn't you just post a long and whining sobfest about the same thing?

Don't talk when you're the one making a long and whining sobfest of a thread that we're in right now.

• Well maybe this will back up my argument. If I don't get a non-fanboy response by end of day tomorrow, I will dispute the charge with Steam, Paypal, and my credit card. I will get my money back. Whether they choose to stop sending me episodes is their decision.

When episodes are supposed to be released every 5-8 weeks And where exactly did you hear this? TTG never releases a game that quick,

• Easy there, Metallica. No need to get in trouble because of this guy.

Sobfest? Whining? What the fuck are you talking about, I'm correcting you and telling you how Telltale works and makes games based on my ex

• If I don't get a non-fanboy response

Alt text

Well maybe this will back up my argument. If I don't get a non-fanboy response by end of day tomorrow, I will dispute the charge with Steam

• Excuse me, but what exactly qualifies as a 'non-fanboy response'?

Would it perhaps be a response that lacks any basic human concept of understanding?

Or maybe it would be comprised of arguements that can litterally be fleshed out and discarded by another in a single sentence.

The list goes on.

Well maybe this will back up my argument. If I don't get a non-fanboy response by end of day tomorrow, I will dispute the charge with Steam

• edited March 2015

So, you're old enough to have a credit card and PayPal, yet you act this immature and whiny about a $25 purchase and then go on ahead to make up "promises" the company made to try to reinforce your already weak argument.

K.

• You're right, frankly, I don't know why I'm wasting my time with this guy.

Easy there, Metallica. No need to get in trouble because of this guy.

• edited March 2015

I can dispute any charge I want, and Visa takes them seriously. They also levy a fine against companies that they take their money back from. I'm a reasonable guy when I deal with reasonable people. Reasonable people contact the customer when they ignore deadlines and don't follow up. If more people did this then maybe they would actually live up to the standard they supposedly set.

If this sounds like the same thing over and over it's because I am trying to make the same point. Live up to your commitments.

TTG, you have my email. Contact me and stop letting these apologists do your dirty work for you.

Alright, now you're just being silly. You're not getting a refund for the reasons you stated.

• You are seriously too immature to have access to something as dangerous as a credit card, let alone access to the internet.

I can dispute any charge I want, and Visa takes them seriously. They also levy a fine against companies that they take their money back fro

This discussion has been closed.