Tired of waiting. Can I get my money back?

Comments

• http://m-z-k.tumblr.com/post/113027238560/what-if-rhys-has-to-stab-himself-with-his-stun
    I hope it works. I have some wth problem with chrome or tumlr or I dunno where I can't open people's pages for some reason and only can view all via search.

LawmanZero posted: »

Post a link, please?

• Something I'm wondering about is just exactly how this refund is going to work if it does go through. You bought the Season pass and played the first episode. But now you want to discontinue. I guess that would mean that Telltale won't refund the entire $25 purchase as you did play the first episode with your Season pass. So I guess they'll still be chrging you the regular price fo $5 for the first episode. So I guess you can expect to only get $20 back?

I don't know about you but honestly I wouldn't bother disputing to get back $20 unless I'm broke. Just not worth the time and effort.

• edited March 2015

This:

Alt text

Sometimes I wonder what the Telltale staff think of threads like these.

• Actually, it's only 2 times long, and even that was 'usually'.

Piggs posted: »

I don't blame the dude. Some of you guys are really willing to defend Telltale while they sit around and deliver us fuck-all. This wait i

• I got a refund from Telltale.

himmatsj posted: »

I would urge caution. If you dispute a charge or do a chargeback, Steam will lock your account. TTG will never refund you, of that you can b

• How long has it really been since the first episode came out? it was right before GOT right? Two to three months?

Piggs posted: »

I don't blame the dude. Some of you guys are really willing to defend Telltale while they sit around and deliver us fuck-all. This wait i

• I think it's only fair that he doesn't get refunded for the episode that he already played.

JetLee posted: »

Something I'm wondering about is just exactly how this refund is going to work if it does go through. You bought the Season pass and played

• Well, it seems you have learned your lesson as far as episodic gaming is concerned, and will act accordingly from now on. The rest of us will be playing episode two next week.

• That would be fine. And I'm doing this not because i need $20, but because it is wrong take my money and not give me what I bought, or at least do what the rest of the industry does and update when they can't get their product out the door.

JetLee posted: »

Something I'm wondering about is just exactly how this refund is going to work if it does go through. You bought the Season pass and played

• Agreed.

Gary-Oak posted: »

Looks like SOMEONE needs a little patience.

• We're getting it next week...and it hasn't even been FOUR months, let alone five.

Lordmark posted: »

roughly - adverb - (NOT EXACTLY). But right now its taking roughly 5 months !

• it is wrong take my money and not give me what I bought

you are getting what you bought it isn't like telltale canceled it, if you are gonna be like this you should have just bought the first episode by itself or if you were on pc wait until the steam sale because you would have saved yourself at least $10 and that was about 2 weeks after the first episode came out

Hammerhil posted: »

That would be fine. And I'm doing this not because i need $20, but because it is wrong take my money and not give me what I bought, or at least do what the rest of the industry does and update when they can't get their product out the door.

• edited March 2015

[removed]

• lol what reasons? he stated that he wants a refund because of telltale atrocious costumer service and no constancy and no update regarding the season pass he bought. there isnt much reason, fanboys will never learn. :)

• Not being fanboys (though I do take pride in being one), we're just the ones who are being patient and reasonable instead of making dumb excuses to try to get their money back.

Mercyva posted: »

lol what reasons? he stated that he wants a refund because of telltale atrocious costumer service and no constancy and no update regarding the season pass he bought. there isnt much reason, fanboys will never learn.

• This whole "fanboy" argument is getting really old. Find a better argument.

lol what reasons? he stated that he wants a refund because of telltale atrocious costumer service and no constancy and no update regarding the season pass he bought. there isnt much reason, fanboys will never learn.

• fanboys will never learn

Alt text

• Can this thread be locked already? It's starting to become toxic, AND I HATE THAT.

• InGen_Nate_KennyInGen_Nate_Kenny Moderator
    edited March 2015

Death Star is mod, Alderaan is this thread:

Alt text

It's as if millions of voices cried out, and were suddenly silenced.

LawmanZero posted: »

Can this thread be locked already? It's starting to become toxic, AND I HATE THAT.

• edited March 2015

Have a like, good sir!

(NOTE: I do not approve of Vader doing that.)

To Borderlands players here: Yep, the Eye of Helios is a reference to the Death Star.

Death Star is mod, Alderaan is this thread: It's as if millions of voices cried out, and were suddenly silenced.

• edited March 2015

I have to agree with the original poster here. Now I may not care at all about Borderlands as a game or universe. But I've always said I could never purchase (and have never purchased) a TTG "season" pass. Which should be more appropriately termed "annual" passes. Because there isn't really anything seasonal about it. It takes them pretty much the majority of a year for them to finish just one game. I figure when they have the episode, is when I'll have the money. Screw saving the $5 bucks or I guess the huge 5 minute "inconvenience" it would take to make a purchase via credit card when the episode does release.

I'm also thinking that kind of might be there under the table game plan scheme. To sort of mislead the majority of average Joe's into "thinking" they will get each episode in a timely 6 to 8 week schedule if its worded in a particular way with intent to deceive (They wouldn't be the first company if so anyhow). However, If they put in the disclaimer or whatever that each episode is not guaranteed to be on time.. or released upon corporate "mood" or "when finished making deals with other gaming platforms" Then that could likely ensure the loss of nearly all of their season pass customers (which might be the bulk of their profits when it comes to game seasons).

In truth that is like making a purchase online and the seller or internet company tells you "well your going to get the item shipped to you in roughly about 1 to 2 weeks" and then finally... it gets to your doorstep the same time next year and without any explanation or reimbursement.haha I admit it is ridiculous and I could never defend or "buy" whatever excuses they cook up to crank out to feed the masses. I suppose some or most of their customers would probably still be content with a 3 year wait.. long as they think that episode will be equivalently toe-curling good with the longer and more absurd the wait.... which is perfectly logical right? No?

• edited March 2015

:)

• Look at my username. I am not new -- I registered long ago. I have had the same grievances.

Keep up the good fight. I laugh at all these TTG defenders. Only because the episode is releasing next week is why they're able to reply. The bottomline is that this gap is unacceptable -- no two ways about it. We should continue to voice our concerns all over social media to put the heat on TTG, since they do have our money that is our only recourse. With enough dissent, they cannot ignore us. It is not unreasonable to ask for a refund when the delay between episodes is this long.

TTG has shown to be a company that doesnt seem to have a good reputation to handle these things. They've established that they can be very untimely with their episodes, in addition to having glitches and major bugs accompany their releases on multiple platforms. Their defenders seem to ignore this. It also gives the impression they are taking more than they can handle. No one wants to invest in such a company that does not seem competent.

Because of this, they should be able to have a streamline customer support dept. solely to issue refunds to customers. Maybe then they will realize that they need a serious wakeup call. After the success of TWD they got big heads (and wallets) and now they think they can get away with highway robbery; its time to slap them back to reality.

• C'mon Hammer you can hold on 'til next week. No need to take out your rage out on them. xD

• Maybe most fans don't think its worth asking for a refund just because the next episode is not coming out fast enough to suit you.

Look at my username. I am not new -- I registered long ago. I have had the same grievances. Keep up the good fight. I laugh at all the

• So... people here are giving you hell because you were reciting these . It clearly says "unofficial". Yep.

Did someone already bring those up?

They say, "There are five episodes in this first season. Episodes are usually available to download between 4 and 6 weeks apart", and I can't see why they shouldn't be official.

So, Hammerhil, you might base your complaint on this one, get your money back and be rich again. Write me a postcard from Hawaii pls.

Hammerhil posted: »

That would be fine. And I'm doing this not because i need $20, but because it is wrong take my money and not give me what I bought, or at least do what the rest of the industry does and update when they can't get their product out the door.

• Exactly.

I think people understand that a season pass is sort of like a pre-order: you're giving them the money in advance, supporting a unreleased product. Doing so, you should be aware of the implications of doing so.

In total: if you want TellTale to release sooner, just buy at launch, plus if you don't like the series , guess what? You don't have to buy the next episode!

KCohere posted: »

Maybe most fans don't think its worth asking for a refund just because the next episode is not coming out fast enough to suit you.

• Next telltale game wait until ep3 is released and then buy it,from there you do not wait long.

• If any Mods are lurking now, can I ask why my picture of Marcus saying "No Refunds" keeps getting taken down?

• After how long past the posted weeks between releases? I think some one at TTG doesn't know the difference 4-5 weeks and 3 plus /months.

Green613 posted: »

At what point do you get sick of paying money for nothing? Paying money for nothing yet the episode comes out next week. Lol.

• I don't think you understand what Unofficial FAQ means.

After how long past the posted weeks between releases? I think some one at TTG doesn't know the difference 4-5 weeks and 3 plus /months.

• edited March 2015

Well, keep fighting because you're not getting a refund and you're wasting your time. If you don't like Telltale and don't want to be involved with their work, don't buy a season pass and don't play any of their episodes.

Look at my username. I am not new -- I registered long ago. I have had the same grievances. Keep up the good fight. I laugh at all the

• Doesn't work--you get no replies.

As far as I am aware, contacting support@telltalegames.com for assistance might be your best option if you are against leaving a post in the support forums.

• That FAQ hasn't been updated for quite a while.

rousseau posted: »

So... people here are giving you hell because you were reciting these . It clearly says "unofficial". Yep. Did someone already bring thos

• It's been 3 months sense the last ep . And you say he's too impatient.

They are providing you with what you paid for. You're just too impatient.

• It kind of is. And a lot has happened in those 3 months for Telltale..

Cope49 posted: »

It's been 3 months sense the last ep . And you say he's too impatient.

• This isn't a common thing, though. Yeah, the wait's been longer than usual, but some people are acting like this happens all the time, and the only thing they base that off of is the FAQ. These things take time.

Cope49 posted: »

It's been 3 months sense the last ep . And you say he's too impatient.

• I half-way agree with what you are saying. The wait time on these games are ridiculous.

• THIS GUY.

THIS GUY RIGHT HERE.

J-Master posted: »

Well, keep fighting because you're not getting a refund and you're wasting your time. If you don't like Telltale and don't want to be involved with their work, don't buy a season pass and don't play any of their episodes.

This discussion has been closed.