Dear Telltale, please......

13»

Comments

• edited March 2015

In a FAQ that is created by community moderators, not official Telltale staff. So Telltale has never officially said it takes 4-6 weeks to make an episode, those are by Telltale moderators and not official Telltale staff.

I got you there buddy.

Dubz13 posted: »

'it's stated 4-6 weeks, they posted it.' she got ya there, buddy..

• No, the 4-6 week line comes from the FAQ on the official Borderlands site.

The FAQ written by the mods is much better, they claim roughly a 5-8 week gap.

In a FAQ that is created by community moderators, not official Telltale staff. So Telltale has never officially said it takes 4-6 weeks to make an episode, those are by Telltale moderators and not official Telltale staff. I got you there buddy.

• Good point.

rousseau posted: »

Whining about whiners doesn't make things better though. Just let them vent their sad little hearts out for a bit. That's what forums are for.

• They're bringing us a new episode each month, not a new episode for each game but a new episode for one of their games which keeps me entertained for the time being, that's my perspective :3

• Dubz13Dubz13 Banned
    edited March 2015

well that's a lie....the main reason I even came on this board was to get help from telltale about the issues on ios

I just started posting about the borderlands release date about a WEEK ago.. and yes, I've been a member since January 2014

so what were you saying again, liar? embellish much?

if we want to start complaining a little Literally all you do is complain and criticize. You do nothing else on here.

• 'No, the 4-6 week line comes from the FAQ on the official Borderlands site.'

bam, owned - you telltale sympathizers think you know everything...seriously, man..

In a FAQ that is created by community moderators, not official Telltale staff. So Telltale has never officially said it takes 4-6 weeks to make an episode, those are by Telltale moderators and not official Telltale staff. I got you there buddy.

• You're right, but even then, it still doesn't say that episodes are always released 4-6 weeks apart. And besides, Telltale (at least in my experience) has never stuck to that, the ones the moderators make have always been more accurate. But like I said, Telltale never promised 4-6 week releases, it's always been when everything is finished.

mosfet posted: »

No, the 4-6 week line comes from the FAQ on the official Borderlands site. The FAQ written by the mods is much better, they claim roughly a 5-8 week gap.

• Dubz13Dubz13 Banned
    edited March 2015

you have an excuse for everything telltale don't ya?

You're right, but even then, it still doesn't say that episodes are always released 4-6 weeks apart. And besides, Telltale (at least in my e

• [removed]

'No, the 4-6 week line comes from the FAQ on the official Borderlands site.' bam, owned - you telltale sympathizers think you know everything...seriously, man..

• Oh, this thread isn't posted by himmatsj?

I'm impressed...

• You have a complaint for everything don't you.

you have an excuse for everything telltale don't ya?

• edited March 2015

and with the new minecraft and leaked Walking dead season 3 release dates this year

What? when this happened?

• edited March 2015

Dates were not leaked. (TT has dates planned out months in advanced? I wouldn't believe that.) Most of the articles on Season 3 release date are from clickbait sites that are estimating dates, or for a better word for it, "pulling it out of their ass" so people are inclined to keep an eye on their website.

Plus, you'd see an uproar on the WDG sub-forum.

JohnyCl posted: »

and with the new minecraft and leaked Walking dead season 3 release dates this year What? when this happened?

• edited March 2015

You might like to know that Metallica has, though not to the degree as others, criticised TWD S2.

And what Metallica says is 100% correct. No matter what you say, it's simply wrong. Afterall, you know what 'usually' means, right?

http://www.telltalegames.com/talesfromtheborderlands/faq

"How many episodes are there in a season, and when are they made available?

There are five episodes in this first season. Episodes are usually available to download between 4 and 6 weeks apart."

Nowhere did they promise that episodes will be released every 4 - 6 weeks. Usually meaning they gave a timeframe for when to expect the episodes and meaning that episodes are, more often than not, released within that time.

But that does open up a can of worms. Episodes aren't often available within that time, so 'usually' is wrong. There's only been one episode of Borderlands so far, with the 2nd soon, but we can go off past releases. Maybe a better way to put it would be 'we try to get episodes out every 4 - 6 weeks'. No promise and at least it's clear that's what they aim for, even if they don't deliver. (So yes, people do have a right to wonder why they state usually 4 - 6 weeks when they don't often hit the target, but again, they never made a 'promise'.)

It also does suck the wait at times, but I'd rather they release the episodes when they're ready.

But bottom line, I don't think this is worth getting worked up over. It's just a game, they will finish the episodes and if you can't handle possible delays or the waiting, then it's best to wait until the seasons are complete. Like me, people can just do something else in the meantime as well.

'No, the 4-6 week line comes from the FAQ on the official Borderlands site.' bam, owned - you telltale sympathizers think you know everything...seriously, man..

• Dubz13Dubz13 Banned
    edited March 2015

hey, you finally got shown to be wrong and I was happily there to give a good thumbs up

I can't stand people who think they're always right about everything and know better

• Dubz13Dubz13 Banned
    edited March 2015

good post - I appreciate your constructive criticism

and to be honest, I have been pretty good about the waits - I never had a problem with it in the past; I guess i'm just still worked up over the game of thrones fiasco and dealing with the telltale "support" staff

but I agree - i'd rather a great episode than a rushed one too.

Rob_K posted: »

You might like to know that Metallica has, though not to the degree as others, criticised TWD S2. And what Metallica says is 100% correct

• Dubz13Dubz13 Banned
    edited March 2015

[removed]

You have a complaint for everything don't you.

• [removed]

well that's a lie....the main reason I even came on this board was to get help from telltale about the issues on ios I just started posti

• and now just to see you and a few others get their panties in a twist

That's called trolling.

• so what were you saying again, liar? embellish much?

Please try to be more civil in the future. Instead of insulting people, please stick to constructively criticizing their arguments. Thanks.

well that's a lie....the main reason I even came on this board was to get help from telltale about the issues on ios I just started posti

• if we want to start complaining a little

Your jokes are fantastic, ever thought of being a comedian?

thank you, gina...that's absolutely correct...this IS a forum, and we ALL paid money for the game...if we want to start complaining a little

• Maybe they don't have a regular schedule so technically we aren't allowed to be upset, but damn does the wait time and having to play the first episode again cheapen the experience for me, as I imagine it does for many others. I like the build-up and discussion involved in episodic games between episodes. However, if there is too big a gap, all of that falls apart and the experience isn't as great as it could have been. The same applies for waiting for all the episodes to be released before playing. I feel doing that cheapens the experience as well. I was hoping for that ideal balance that I felt Telltale used to hit back in the day with Sam & Max, but with each new series, I feel them getting further and further away from that.

cannot keep up with your (usual) regular 2 month time frame. Telltale does not have a regular schedule to release episodes, they hav

• Why do you make it sound like playing the episode again is an ordeal? I thought the first episode of this series was fantastic and I enjoy playing it, but that's just me. And besides, you have the choice menu and the previously on segment to help you out, you can also access additional choices since you have a Telltale account. Sometimes episodes just take a little longer, but if it can lead to a better product, then I don't mind. I'd rather wait 4 months for a fantastic episode than a month for a sub par episode.

pavi132 posted: »

Maybe they don't have a regular schedule so technically we aren't allowed to be upset, but damn does the wait time and having to play the fi

• we ALL paid money for the game

Did you buy an episode or season pass? Because if you only bought an episode, you can't really complain about something you were 'promised' if you haven't been entitled to it.

thank you, gina...that's absolutely correct...this IS a forum, and we ALL paid money for the game...if we want to start complaining a little

• Dubz13Dubz13 Banned
    edited March 2015

dude, really? I bought the season pass like I always do for all the telltale games.

you can take your foot out of your mouth now, though if you want - or delete your post - whichever..

we ALL paid money for the game Did you buy an episode or season pass? Because if you only bought an episode, you can't really complain about something you were 'promised' if you haven't been entitled to it.

• Dubz13Dubz13 Banned
    edited March 2015

[removed]

Green613 posted: »

if we want to start complaining a little Your jokes are fantastic, ever thought of being a comedian?

• Dubz13Dubz13 Banned
    edited March 2015

[removed]

so what were you saying again, liar? embellish much? Please try to be more civil in the future. Instead of insulting people, please stick to constructively criticizing their arguments. Thanks.

• Dubz13Dubz13 Banned
    edited March 2015
  • [removed]

gina-0816 posted: »

and if they're behind schedule, not like 1, 2 weeks but by this much(even IF they didn't promised any schedule as you claim, still 4 month w

• [removed]

The constant criticism and complaining from people is indeed getting annoying.

• A few things on this. First of all, I'm not saying that re-playing the first episode is an ordeal. In fact, I really enjoyed it, but I want to complete the entire story first before going back to replay it. Doing otherwise kind of dampens the experience for me (I replayed the first episode before the second with TWD S1 and found I didn't like doing that and that it took away some of my enjoyment of the second episode. Part of the fun to me is the mystery of not knowing what could have been with the other potential choices). My point is that I shouldn't HAVE to have these previously on segments or have to replay the episode in order to remember the game and enjoy the continuation of the story. Secondly, does an episode taking longer necessarily improve it's quality? I would consider TWAU episode 2 to be a perfect example that is contradictory to that statement. I didn't find that episode particularly enjoyable at all. It was my least favorite in that series, in fact. Time does not equal quality. It's like school where people could study hours on end and still fail while someone studies minimally and still aces the exam, or, for a better analogy, it's like art where a minimalistic approach can result in a better piece than one that's more elaborate and expansive. It's about efficiency, not just forcing time into something.

Why do you make it sound like playing the episode again is an ordeal? I thought the first episode of this series was fantastic and I enjoy p

• The pain of the fourth month wait as been increased for me due to the fact i'm consistently getting a resident evil revelation 2 episode each week. I would personally prefer getting less Telltale games, or at least larger breaks between games and instead getting short waiting periods between episodes.

• It's. Coming. Next. Week.

ruairi46 posted: »

The pain of the fourth month wait as been increased for me due to the fact i'm consistently getting a resident evil revelation 2 episode eac

• edited March 2015

Of course I bought a season pass, not only for TFBD but also GOT. Told you I was loyal ttg junkie.

we ALL paid money for the game Did you buy an episode or season pass? Because if you only bought an episode, you can't really complain about something you were 'promised' if you haven't been entitled to it.

• edited March 2015

I'm out too. These people... I love ttg too but they're just... I mean of course you love your kid, but that's why you spank and yell at them when they get in the wrong way. if you can't even point out and state what's clearly wrong, they're bound to be a spoiled brat, and if stating the fact is "complaining" in this forum this place is clearly in the wrong direction.

• I know, but by that logic if it comes out in three years as long as I find out a week before the three year waiting period is made completely redundant? Not good business in my opinion.

It's. Coming. Next. Week.

• Comments like this are why I still wish I could give people a "thumbs down" on this forum. This comment is inane. The fact that they finally announced a release date does not mean that people's concerns about wait time can suddenly be dismissed. Your response didn't address anything related to the comment you were responding to.

It's. Coming. Next. Week.

• edited March 2015

Okay. I don't even know who you are.

pavi132 posted: »

Comments like this are why I still wish I could give people a "thumbs down" on this forum. This comment is inane. The fact that they finally

Sign in to comment in this discussion.