Other adventure games...

edited January 2007 in General Chat
I don't stop reading post on this board, but I don't write often (actually, this is my first post).

First thing, sam and max is a great game, nothing to add.

The fact is that I want badly to play an adventure game but my old version of curse of monkey island don't stop to freeze (I nearly cried when it happenned for the first time.)

Everyone don't stop talking about day of the tentacle and Grim Fandango, but I don't know where to find those, so if anyone could help me find these games, I would be highly grateful.

Thanks.

Comments

• edited January 2007
    You may want to also download a program called SCUMMVM. I had to do that just to get Sam & Max: Hit the Road to work because my computer is too advance for such a simple program.

You would think advance computers would be able to run such simple programs, but apparently that isn't the case.:rolleyes:
  • edited January 2007
    Thanks a lot, I found the scummvm programs (is that a freeware, 'cause if it isn't, well I got it illegally).
  • edited January 2007
    It's freeware. No worries about it being illegal.
  • edited January 2007
    Attention Emily: - I believe this thread should be relocated to general discussions as it really doesn't have anything to do with Sam and Max.

Booboo, you're a newbie but, for future reference, this board is for the discussion of the current series of Sam and Max episodes. All other topics should be directed towards 'general discussions'. Your post has absolutely nothing to do with Sam and Max, barring the fact you mentioned Sam and Max.

Cheers

Sarah
  • edited January 2007
    Sorry. I won't it anymore :o .
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited January 2007
    No worries! Moved the thread to general chat.
  • edited January 2007
    you should also check out Psychonauts, which is by the guy who wrote day of the tentacle and Grim Fandango.
  • edited January 2007
    there is a new adventure game on the DS that just came out that doesn't look bad. hotel dusk.
  • edited January 2007
    Alucard wrote: »
    there is a new adventure game on the DS that just came out that doesn't look bad. hotel dusk.

The previous DS game by the same company, Trace Memory, was also a highly underrated title. Very short, but it tells a simple tale extremely well.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited January 2007
    kadayi wrote: »
    you should also check out Psychonauts, which is by the guy who wrote day of the tentacle and Grim Fandango.

You know the guy who wrote Day of the Tentacle also works at Telltale, designing Sam & Max. But, it's the other guy who wrote Day of the Tentacle that you're talking about I think, because our guy didn't write Grim Fandango.
  • edited January 2007
    Geez, is the name "Tim Schafer" so hard to remember?
  • edited January 2007
    Yeah, I heard about Tim Schafer, and actually, I already played psychonauts (and completed it), without knowing who Time Schafer is.

It's a pretty cool game, actually, I love it.
  • edited January 2007
    Broken Sword, Ankh Reverse the Curse are good ones too. Latter one is so much Monkey style of games from the demo. I am waiting for it to arrive, unfortunately all US shipments are late because of the holiday season. Syberia is not bad at all, but its not the comedy type.
  • edited January 2007
    I just finished Hotel Dusk. Not going to say too much, because I have to put it in the review, but if you're a fan of adventure games, you'd have to be insane not to get Hotel Dusk.
  • edited January 2007
    Yeah the reviews of it I have seen so far seem pretty good also. I will pick this one up once I head back to Canada in May.... hopefully I'll be able to find a copy when I get there. Games like these usually have small runs and become rare.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.