gameplay

I hate to say this, but even though the story is interesting, I do not understand why they changed the gameplay. I am NOT a fan!

Comments

• What do you mean?

• edited March 2015

This is Telltale's signature style, they were at a panel last night discussing how the story is the gameplay when it comes to their games. Some of the speakers were Ryan Kaufman, writers Pierre Shorette, Nick Breckon, and Mark Darin, and CEO Kevin Bruner. You can watch the full thing here: http://www.gamespot.com/videos/the-walking-dead-developer-s-secrets-to-storytelli/2300-6423659/

The point is tht Telltale has always made games like this, relying on the story to make the game successful, not so much the gameplay. As others have said, this isn't Borderlands 3, this is Tales from the Borderlands, it's Telltale's own game so it's going to be in their own style.

• edited March 2015

Changed? They've changed nothing since they only make live action games and not just actions. That's why it's caled Tales from the Borderlands and not Borderlands 3.
    And speaking frankly, Borderlands itself is a great game, but the gameplay makes it boring if you're not playing coop and slows down a playthough a lot. So, you're not a fan, but a bunch of people are fans. No other options for you other than deal with it.

• Alt text

I seriously don't know what you were expecting... Your opinion is valid, but I think you'd maybe get a better response over at the Gearbox/Steam forums or Reddit. As other's have pointed out, this is a Telltale game, BL3 will return to the shoot n' loot you know and love.

• This is how all Telltale games are. They are story-driven games.

Borderlands 1, 2 and TPS are first person shooters by Gearbox, which is completely different/separate from Telltale.

• Well, I'm not a fan of first person shooters, but i am a fan of the Borderlands World. So for me, Tales from the Borderlands is a frikken dream come true. All the cool shit, people and atmosphere, none of the migraines. Im always more into the story than the action anyways.

The Handsome Collection is out soon though, i hear. So there you go.

• Hey, hey. I like Solo.

DeityD posted: »

Changed? They've changed nothing since they only make live action games and not just actions. That's why it's caled Tales from the Borderlan

• Its quite clear that some little kid made an account thinking TTG borderlands was a direct first person sequel shooter to borderlands 2... stupid children..

• Just let this thread die, this guy is clearly a troll, evidenced by the fact that the account was created to make this thread. This person hasn't even been back to the forums since making this thread and hasn't commented at all. This thread should be locked.

• This is how TT games has always been, if you're expecting another FPS/RPG then you should wait for BL3 (I'm not saying the other BL games are bad, i like them too)

• this post really shows you did your research before buying the game.

• I also like solo but i'm currently dragging myself through the game (I mean BL2 and I'm near the end). I know it must be mostly just me but the game's just too long and feels like it'll never end. Didn't have that problem with the pre-sequel tho, it was perfect in that matter. I liked it's pace and TftB better.

ActionHank posted: »

Hey, hey. I like Solo.

• I actually find quite the opposite. I really like the areas of Borderlands 2 and they're always fun to go a-murderin' through. Whereas Pre-Sequel has these constant, long, boring, monotonous waves of spacerock and scav andaauuauauuugughguguuhh-

I also really miss fighting Loaders. Them dudes were awesome.

I also like solo but i'm currently dragging myself through the game (I mean BL2 and I'm near the end). I know it must be mostly just me but

• edited March 2015

Nah I don't dislike the variety of BL2 and I find it very beautiful in that matter, but it's just too big and too long. I was expecting more action tbh. And BL2 is more about the open world and exploring it, and I like the story and quest-oriented approach better.
    The pre-sequel was plain and dull lacking the variety of landscapes but I was always busy so it didn't bother me at all.
    Just killing things is fun of course but it can only be fun for so long. Especially alone, imo, BL2 was made for coop mostly - like it or not but still.

ActionHank posted: »

I actually find quite the opposite. I really like the areas of Borderlands 2 and they're always fun to go a-murderin' through. Whereas Pre-S

• Yeh, I can understand that. I'd just say co-op makes up... maybe even 1% of my gameplay total. It just gets too fast and chaotic for me, especially as a multi-tasker who is bad at multi-tasking. Plus, a lot more skills of mine shine in solo.

Nah I don't dislike the variety of BL2 and I find it very beautiful in that matter, but it's just too big and too long. I was expecting more

Sign in to comment in this discussion.