Episode 2 trailer discussion thread.

124»

Comments

• Yeah I know. While playing BL2 I'm always feel like that whenever there's a convo with Jack

Alt text

Tho I must admit that me scares the sh*t out of me a way more than anything else. Especially since I can't forget the way he was in the pre-sequel for some reason and always kinda compare. It feels like all the jokes and fun are in the optional missions and the main story of BL2 is dark and grim as fck.

I think he can read his mind (or memories at least) if he knows about Rhys being his "biggest fan" XD

This is extremely unsettling if true. But maybe he observed Hyperion being an AI and all - that's the least creepy explanation.

I wonder how HJ will react with Vasquez threatening Rhys and all xD

Well yeah but he didn't interfere before when Rhys was in danger so I don't know what's his game will be. Though if he's gonna play a bigger role since ep2 it would've been awesome if he'd do something.

Rhys is just adorable. I love how he's trying so hard to be cool and most of the time he fails. That's hilarious and cute at the same time.

All true. I find it super-cool that we have someone like that, I think part of the love for him is that everyone can relate xD It was cool being a "mighty vault hunter" and all but it didn't feel right at the same time at leas for me. Playing as Rhys feels more real especially when there was a moment when you can try to be rude to mr greasy face and that scares the hell out of Vaughn and he goes like "please excuse my friend he has that condition where he says some stupid crap just to see what'll happen" xD I just died. TTG knows what's up. Cause that's what I was trying to do. Cause we all know it's absolutely unrealistic and wrong to say but!

(well well i have a crush on a fictional character great he's not the first one)

We've all been there... :D

Yeah, I know... I remember when Handsome Jack... Bloodwing... YOU KNOW. o_o I doubt it too but I can always dream (btw, did i ever tell t

• Does anyone else think?

This:

Alt text

Replaced

This:
    Alt text

Or is Rhys just unlucky enough to be involved in two car chases that involve Helios moonshots?

• I think it's because, in his first appearance in BL2, his voice was distorted slightly because it was via ECHO, so people don't recognize it unfiltered. I was on a Youtube video that had a collection of a bunch of his popular BL2 lines without the ECHO distortion and a lot of commenters were asking, "Is this you imitating him? It doesn't sound like the same guy" even though it was definitely Dameon Clarke.

I remember a lot of people complaining that he'd been replaced on TPS, but Clarke himself said he voiced the character differently because he [Jack] wasn't the same person at that we meet in BL2, so he played him more naive and less maniacal. I think that's why people aren't recognizing him, they're expecting him to sound the exact same way that he did when they first encountered him in BL2.

I agree with dojo, though, I can easily tell it's Clarke.

Deadpoolian posted: »

I think it's kinda funny how this keeps happening. I remember when we first got a trailer for The Pre Sequel a lot of people thought he had

• I searched Tumblr for Rhack and found NOTHING :(

And ArchiveOfOurOwn is just a few scraps of non-con, which I'm not a fan of :(

Me toooooo. xD I don't even know why. I feel like people on Tumblr don't like this so much though, so I kinda feel alone with this ship ._. (not like with Luke x Nick from The Walking Dead game XD)

• YES. As far as I'm concerned, Timothy is the most moral and sincere hero of the entire Borderlands universe. I need to know he's still alive and okay :(

I'm really hoping he's in BL3, too. It would be in Gearbox's best interest, I mean, everyone LOVED Handsome Jack's character in BL2, and with him being dead and all now, having Timothy around would explore what an actual, moral protagonist in the BL universe would be like, while simultaneously giving us more Dameon Clarke. I think time on Pandora may have hardened him and/or made him cynical, but deep down, I believe that [if he's alive] he's still a good person at heart.

He's also probably the most moral member of the team. Most moral person in the entire Borderlands' universe FTFY

• I make it a rule to never believe anything Telltale shows us on the "next time..." clips.

Does anyone else think? This: Replaced This: Or is Rhys just unlucky enough to be involved in two car chases that involve Helios moonshots?

• edited March 2015

But let's face it - what chances are he's even alive let alone okay. What use Jack could possibly have of him? If he never got away from Jack after the events of TPS like Athena, well...

But goddamn I really like him. Can't even imagine playing as someone else in TPS. Maybe Athena as she is also somewhat of a "moral character" but she seems so boring I dunno.

nursethalia posted: »

YES. As far as I'm concerned, Timothy is the most moral and sincere hero of the entire Borderlands universe. I need to know he's still alive

• Can't imagine how it can work out yet. I mean... what on earth we could possibly win by betraying Vaughn? This is all very odd. Have they even seen their own characters, especially Rhys? xD Being mean and an asshole earns him a punch to the face at best. That's not to mention it's very hard to be an asshole in this game. I watched about 9 letsplays from a different people, and not a single one betrayed Vaughn. So that kinda sucks.

They have said before that this is not like their previous games where your evil choices will come back to bite you later on, in fact they s

• I could try and write Rhack. xD I was used to write a lot of fanfictions years ago. (#selfpromotion xD)

I searched Tumblr for Rhack and found NOTHING And ArchiveOfOurOwn is just a few scraps of non-con, which I'm not a fan of

• It's funny, because I have no problem recognizing his voice xD He just sounds more serious, that's it~

I think it's because, in his first appearance in BL2, his voice was distorted slightly because it was via ECHO, so people don't recognize it

• Obvious reused voice actors! Hooray!

• Or, "YOUR GIRLFRIEND JUST TRIED TO KILL US!"

Well the sneak-peek did show Sasha being very aggressive to Janey - so you could be right, I hadn't thought of that before!

• That's probably because she's extremely stoic. Nisha, on the other hand, is ridiculously fun despite being pretty evil. Claptrap's cool, Timothy's very moral and the nicest guy on the team, Aurie's hilarious and Wilhelm's...dry.

DeityD posted: »

But let's face it - what chances are he's even alive let alone okay. What use Jack could possibly have of him? If he never got away from Jac

• Friendship is important.

Can't imagine how it can work out yet. I mean... what on earth we could possibly win by betraying Vaughn? This is all very odd. Have they ev

• If you do, I'll read the heck out of it! I haven't found a single TFTBL fanfic that isn't centered around sex yet.

I could try and write Rhack. xD I was used to write a lot of fanfictions years ago. (#selfpromotion xD)

• I deliberately did an asshole playthrough (or the 'Hyperion' playthrough as I like to call it) and it damn near destroyed me... My only reward was a terrible guilt complex.

Can't imagine how it can work out yet. I mean... what on earth we could possibly win by betraying Vaughn? This is all very odd. Have they ev

• I actually really like that Telltale keeps it in the family...

lukefsje posted: »

Obvious reused voice actors! Hooray!

• Why must the universe punish the good? T_T

I deliberately did an asshole playthrough (or the 'Hyperion' playthrough as I like to call it) and it damn near destroyed me... My only reward was a terrible guilt complex.

• Epecially when your friends steal millions for you.

Alt text

LawmanZero posted: »

Friendship is important.

• And waht I call "Swag Car."

Epecially when your friends steal millions for you.

• That's easy, Rhys wants to be like Jack, betrayal is what Jack would do.

• edited March 2015

Jack was also smart. Well, smarter than that anyway. You have to be a complete dumb-dumb to trust Vasquez of all people and not seeing you will never get a decent place in Hyperion hierarchy while he's still around and your boss. And after that stunt of his with the car, the money and the key right after Vasquez tried to show him his place he's as good as dead regardless of returning the money.

Also, I'm very confused about this whole "I want to be just like him" because so far he's nothing like him, not even close to what Jack was in TPS. For now it seems he wants his "fame" and position, but not the madness and agony it brings along - of which he doesn't even seems to know yet. Jack said it well in the new trailer - about the whole sacrafice thing. It's one thing wanting to be a "badass" and the other being a "badass."
    I'm not trying to make him look better than he is but the way they made his character - I can't see him actually becoming that cunning and that merciless.

I mean, just look at this. Look at this dumb face (as Sasha would say). xD

Alt text

BullseyeRey posted: »

That's easy, Rhys wants to be like Jack, betrayal is what Jack would do.

• Yeah, mostly because the ones they have are awesome!

I actually really like that Telltale keeps it in the family...

• edited March 2015
  • Aww :3

Jack was also smart. Well, smarter than that anyway. You have to be a complete dumb-dumb to trust Vasquez of all people and not seeing you w

• I know right? xD Such a precious lil shit.

I can't see him as a true villain, it's just so ooc.

Aww

• Me neither, I think he's a good guy at heart it's just a case of Hyperion bravado really.

I know right? xD Such a precious lil shit. I can't see him as a true villain, it's just so ooc.

• He's actually kinda cute :D

Jack was also smart. Well, smarter than that anyway. You have to be a complete dumb-dumb to trust Vasquez of all people and not seeing you w

• I'd say he's too goddamn cute, this is just too much.
    Like "stop being so adorable I can't take your talking about becoming the new Jack srsly when you look like you need a hug half of the screen time" kind of cute. >_<

Crips posted: »

He's actually kinda cute

• Maybe he needs a hug :C

Hopefully Fiona or Sasha hug him :3

I'd say he's too goddamn cute, this is just too much. Like "stop being so adorable I can't take your talking about becoming the new Jack srsly when you look like you need a hug half of the screen time" kind of cute. >_<

• Or LoaderBot... xD

Maybe he needs a hug :C Hopefully Fiona or Sasha hug him

• Omg, no offense to Loader Bot but he would probably squish him xD

Or LoaderBot... xD

• No, Loader Bot would be gentle. <3

Omg, no offense to Loader Bot but he would probably squish him xD

• Nah I think he knows how to treat humans at this point. :D

Omg, no offense to Loader Bot but he would probably squish him xD

• xD Oh? Well that actually doesn't surprise me that much. I don't know why.
    By the way, even if I wanted to write sex I just couldn't because I'm bad at it. (i tried once and it was horrible and it felt just embarassing so I don't want to write about sex anymore XD)

If you do, I'll read the heck out of it! I haven't found a single TFTBL fanfic that isn't centered around sex yet.

• Alt text

SO EP 2 IS WHAT WHAT PEOPLE DO? https://38.media.tumblr.com/7e7db65daedea862d921ca0461244d0c/tumblr_nkyjhhWiWa1u1caexo3_400.gif

Sign in to comment in this discussion.