Atlas Mugged Discussion (THERE WILL BE SPOILERS IN HERE - YOU'VE BEEN WARNED!!!)

Comments

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

One of the best Loader Bot moments in the episode was when we gave him a fist bump.

Alt text

My only disappointment was that there weren't more Loaderbot jokes. You might think I'm kidding but I'm actually serious.

• edited March 2015

From the next time preview at the end, Athena had normal eyes and her eyes were not evil red glowing anymore. So I think Fiona was probrably exaggerat...I mean "embelishing" her side of the story with Athena.

Because she's telling it in the future and the second scene has already happened, shaping her portrayal of her in the first. So, maybe wh

• I think it was the funeral of what Fiona and Sasha knew of Felix, in a way. They were reminiscing on memories, getting gifts from him, etc - then the two guys whose names I can't remember just crash your sandwich and gift party. So... Funeral crashers?

I'm just confused about the Bro or Bot one.

Wait, wait, wait... Who's funeral did we crash? Our own, with the grave digging? Actually, half of those achievements have me scratching my head...

• Honestly just the entire episode was perfect - Handsome Jack's portrayal (especially with him sticking his hand through Vaughn's crotch), the fact that Vaughn was offered the deal as well, the incredible opening sequence, the ridiculously emotional ending sequence, JACK, Rhys talking to himself about it being a Big Decision... It was all just peeeerfect.

Does anyone know what the differences are between picking where you go? (Like, Hollow Point or Old Haven?)

• I just noticed that in the episode 2 finale Rhy's eyes were more "sparkly" than usual. Like he wasn't so damn cute already!!

Alt text

...I should go to sleep already..

• Yes - the 'big decision' thing was hilarious - I put it off for so long just listening to him ramble!

And I would also like to know the difference - I went to Hollow Point.

Honestly just the entire episode was perfect - Handsome Jack's portrayal (especially with him sticking his hand through Vaughn's crotch), th

• Alt text

I call it, Vaughn's baby dirt pile.

• Yeah, I thought it was pretty weird that he had sparkly eyes all of a sudden in the Gortys Project facility.

nohuhhuh posted: »

I just noticed that in the episode 2 finale Rhy's eyes were more "sparkly" than usual. Like he wasn't so damn cute already!! ...I should go to sleep already..

• edited March 2015

"It's weird but I uh... always talk to myself during HUGE decisions." XD

Off the top of my head, if you go to Old Haven first Fiona and Sasha get to meet Janey, and you get the option to steal Athena's shield.

Yes - the 'big decision' thing was hilarious - I put it off for so long just listening to him ramble! And I would also like to know the difference - I went to Hollow Point.

• Speaking of big decisions, I want to see what happens if you trust Jack instead of Fiona. The stats indicate a majority of players trusted Jack at the end of the episode, yet I've only encountered people trusting Fiona during their YouTube playthroughs.

Honestly just the entire episode was perfect - Handsome Jack's portrayal (especially with him sticking his hand through Vaughn's crotch), th

• I was surprised that only 28% chose Fiona at the end.

I'm playing 'good' heroes this save, so they are friends, bros, loaderbot likes me and all that. It's adorable how saying that we're friends makes them smile a little. We're in hard position, but together can overcome the odds.

Now to play evil ones.... I'll update post :D

• HiroVoidHiroVoid Moderator

Neat! I was wondering if Janey showed up then. How do they get the shield?

• I missed out on Janey?!

Basically, if you go to Hollow Point Loader Bot shows up and saves Fiona and Sasha from Athena (in a very over-the-top, implied to not have actually happened, way), then you meet Rhys and Vaughn at Scooter's. And Scooter hates them because they're Hyperion robot sum'bitches.

• Athena throws the shield into a dumpster by accident, and as Fiona and Sasha are leaving, they see the shield. Then you get the choice to take it or not.

HiroVoid posted: »

• If you trust Jack, he takes control, starts controlling your hands, and all of the flying robot things start facing away from you guys - Fiona is like, "How are you doing that?" and Rhys responds, "It's uh... Not really me..." And then Jack says something along the lines of, "Hail to the king, baby!" And episode ends. Such a cliffhanger.

Speaking of big decisions, I want to see what happens if you trust Jack instead of Fiona. The stats indicate a majority of players trusted J

• andddddd new desktop background

OzzyUK posted: »

I didn't take that many screenshots but this is one of my favorites. I also like this one.

• I went to Old Haven - when did you first meet August? Did Fiona/Sasha and Rhys/Vaughn end up meeting up in Hollow Point before going to Old Haven? It seems like there'd be a loooot of differences...

Yes - the 'big decision' thing was hilarious - I put it off for so long just listening to him ramble! And I would also like to know the difference - I went to Hollow Point.

• edited March 2015

I don't know much about Borderlands lore, but apparently Janey doesn't approve of Athena bounty hunting? So Athena shows up when Fiona's talking with Janey, and she has to pretend that she wasn't just trying to murder her and Sasha ten seconds ago, and you can take the shield (which she accidently threw into a dumpster) while Athena's distracted.

HiroVoid posted: »

• I trusted Jack... Finding out what happened with Fiona I think I made the right decision.

Speaking of big decisions, I want to see what happens if you trust Jack instead of Fiona. The stats indicate a majority of players trusted J

• The beautiful bastard kept his word...

...Let's just hope he doesn't turn on us 30 seconds into the new episode.

If you trust Jack, he takes control, starts controlling your hands, and all of the flying robot things start facing away from you guys - Fio

• Oh, wow, that's a pretty massive difference. Definitely going to have to do a playthrough with that version.

If you go to Old Haven, Rhys goes around and starts up the Gortys Project building, basically a puzzle, with Vaughn not helping - you may have done this after Hollow Point? Dunno. And then August + crew comes, and then you cut over to Fiona and Sasha in Hollow Point - first going to Felix's, then being attacked, then they go on a chase for a while, where at one point Fiona jumps onto a moving motorbike. Conversation with Janey at Scooter's, then you get the option to steal Athena's shield, and then you drive off to Old Haven.

I missed out on Janey?! Basically, if you go to Hollow Point Loader Bot shows up and saves Fiona and Sasha from Athena (in a very over-th

• Vallory is coming, I'm so pumped, she's basically going to be scarier than Vasquez and August (oh no, I'm shipping those two now, that's not good).

Baby Gorty didn't move around at all, disappointing in that a tiny bit, but the whole thing was nice.

Jack/Everyone is canon and that's good.

Was tempted to pick Jack, but at the end of the day, not gonna let Jack "gain control" over Rhys any more than he has. Oh, and Fiona had a grenade thing, but of course it wasn't shown what it did.

Corrosive was an interesting choice I made (mainly cause I took too long when picking), I had finally noticed "Lee" had a robotic arm and I decided I might as well waste corrosive since, pffft, who needs corrosive.

Was expecting Sasha to be more angry over me letting Felix "choke on it" but she actually seemed to agree with me.

Perfect title sequence/music choice, gonna go download that song now, thank you TT.

Vaughn keep your shirt off ( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°)

"Come with me if you want to leave."

I streamed it (which is the reason I don't have more than three screenshots from the episode) and you know, you can watch it, or something. To hear me laugh, and ummm, make jokes, and ssstuff.

(PLEASE skip in 2:21, I kind of was setting up and had forgotten I didn't have Tales setup on OBS)(Plus I'm too lazy to crop it since I'd have to do more compiling than my current pc has software for)

https://youtu.be/tKwC4B5Rd_E?list=PLrbqpD5L77jaqSOqnv3pBy_Lc3h7G2-E2

• edited March 2015

Okay, so I'm going to note my favorite highlights of the episode by gifs [all in order...I think] and you gotta guess what moments I'm referring to :D

Alt text

Alt text

(Alt text

Alt text

Alt text

Alt text

Alt text

Alt text

Alt text

Alt text

Alt text

Alt text

Alt text

Alt text

Alt text

Alt text

Alt text

Alt text

Alt text

Alt text

Alt text

And last moment [depending on who you picked] because a damn gif just can't capture it good enough:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGa_Vr6YtUA

But yeah, that was a goooooooooooooooood episode, so so so so gooooooooooooooooooooood <3 If this is the good shit that gets popped out after all this time, then I'd gladly wait another 4 months for the next one.

• Yeah, was that Fiona vs. Jack? Neither of which are bro or bot?

I think it was the funeral of what Fiona and Sasha knew of Felix, in a way. They were reminiscing on memories, getting gifts from him, etc -

• I missed her too??????//

I guess she stops Athena/helps Athena if you didn't go to Hollowpoint first?

I just realised there was no Janey (Edit: apparently there was, just not in my playthrough) - I wondered why her voice actor was credited)!

• Well, arguably Fiona is your "bro," as she's your friend, I guess? And Jack is a robot since he's like... A hologram? dunno

Yeah, was that Fiona vs. Jack? Neither of which are bro or bot?

• Does anybody else feel like Rhys' story is more interesting than Fiona's?

I've played two episodes of this, and I keep telling myself that Rhys and his perspective seems like a much more interesting story than Fiona's.

To be clear, there's nothing wrong with Fiona. She's a good character, is both relatable and likable, Laura Bailey does a great job voicing her, but I keep thinking to myself I'm much more interested in seeing what happens to Rhys than Fiona. (Part of me thinks it's a guy thing).

But, I also have ahypothesis. I think the idea of Rhys and Vaughn, two guys who've spent more tine in an office than in Pandora, stumbling around in what is essentially a Mad Max world is inherently more funny since just by looking at them, you can tell they don't belong.

In contrast, since Fiona and Sasha belong to this world, nothing funny happens to them unless they run across an eccentric person (like Scooter or Shade). Mostly, they react to the eccentric people about them.

I also like the new perspective of seeing someone in corporate culture deal with his various business rivals.

Am I wrong thinking this?

• How many of you got your shoe back (cause I did B) )

• I think it's the hair implants.

• The whole group arrives at Old Haven together after being at Scooters and Rhys does the same puzzle with everyone just standing around, then once you go in you're all ambushed by August and Vasquez together. I think we get the stuff at Felix's place earlier - there's not really many perspective switches, we see it via Fiona in one long sequential storyline until we get to Old Haven.

Oh, wow, that's a pretty massive difference. Definitely going to have to do a playthrough with that version. If you go to Old Haven, Rhys

• Huh. So a bigger difference than most of the choices, but in the end we get to the same spot. Which makes sense, since otherwise there'd be too many branch points.

Thanks for the summary :D

The whole group arrives at Old Haven together after being at Scooters and Rhys does the same puzzle with everyone just standing around, then

• I did :P I was asking myself the same question because if I hadn't talked to Sasha and Fiona I would have totally forgot about the shoe :D

Dapnee posted: »

How many of you got your shoe back (cause I did )

• This is amazing. I just relived the entire episode via the majesty of gifs...

:sheds single tear:

Lilacsbloom posted: »

Okay, so I'm going to note my favorite highlights of the episode by gifs [all in order...I think] and you gotta guess what moments I'm refer

• edited March 2015

You get a chance if you went to Hollowpoint first. Fiona and Sasha are standing next to the dumpster you climb on for one of the powerboxes and you can talk to them. You can ask to have your shoe back.

• I couldn't find this anywhere so I'll ask it here: At the end of the episode if you choose certain dialogue with Fiona, Rhys says smth about Sasha. Sooo what does he say? :D

• You can get it before, and luckily I did, since I only had the final one up there to power up.

• Anyone else seriously disturbed Vasquez would consider keeping Rhys' hair?

• edited March 2015

I am so in love with this episode. Also, nobody seem to reference the splash screens comedy.

THE MUSTACHE GUY (I forgot his name sry XD)

Mustache. He wants to kill you.

Then

Lee 2.0 (I also forgot his name)

Don't talk about his hair. Oh, he wants to kill you too.

AND THEN

Athena

BadAss(assin). A lot of people are trying to kill you!

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

Don't talk about his hair. Oh, he wants to kill you too.

When i saw that on the smash card i had to choose the option to ask about his hair when it came up :P

Crips posted: »

I am so in love with this episode. Also, nobody seem to reference the splash screens comedy. THE MUSTACHE GUY (I forgot his name sry XD)

• Stealing @Dapnee's amazing edit from another thread - how is Jack able to rest his hand on Rhys' shoulder without it going through him?

Alt text

Hover Handsome Jack

Alt text

And on that note I am going to bed because it is officially after 7am and I stayed up all night... TOTALLY WORTH IT, THOUGH!

Sign in to comment in this discussion.