A petition for 3-4 month releases.

I know what you're thinking. "A year and a half for the full game!?!?!"

However, I don't think it's a bad thing. I think at this point TTG has bitten off much more than they can chew game development-wise, and it'd make sense that they need to abandon the 2-month release period for their games. I'd much rather have a great episode come in 4 months than a half-assed and rushed episode come in 2. Atlas Mugged was great, and I've seen nothing but rousing acclaim for it from both users and critics. I was worried it'd be rushed, and I was wrong.

So, what do you think? How about we all come together and support Telltale extending their normal development cycle, for quality's sake?

Comments

• edited March 2015

Well episode 2 of Game of Thrones was miles better than ep 1, and that came out extremely fast compared to other telltale games wait from eps 1 - 2

• While this episode was indeed god damn fantastic. I think TT can do it in 2 months anyway, extending it to 4 months is just going to piss more people off. It isn't worth it in the slightest.

• Good god no! Atlus Mugged was good, but seriously not any better then some of their other work.

Telltale either need to expand or stop taking on so many projects.

• Atlas Mugged was arguably the best Episode they've released since the early Episodes of TWAU/TWD:S2. Game of Thrones is also quite good, but as I said, TftB is arguably their best game in a while thus far.

Revec posted: »

Good god no! Atlus Mugged was good, but seriously not any better then some of their other work. Telltale either need to expand or stop taking on so many projects.

• How about stopping that crap with "episodic" games and starting to make normal games? It'll be less frustrating and infuriating for everyone. It's obvious the system is not working out as they intended and it's obvious 3-4 monts wait is not worth 1,5 hours of gameplay.

• edited March 2015

Honestly I'd disagree. I do have a bit of fun waiting for the games to come along. Keeps a lot of fan discussion brewing too, because we're never sure what's going to happen.

DeityD posted: »

How about stopping that crap with "episodic" games and starting to make normal games? It'll be less frustrating and infuriating for everyone

• edited March 2015

NO

Alt text Alt text

• WAU felt rushed. I hope Tales doesn't.

Wolf Among Us had a 4 month gap in between its Ep1 and Ep2 and was on a consistent release afterwards. Will likely be the same for this

• Wolf Among Us had a 4 month gap in between its Ep1 and Ep2 and was on a consistent release afterwards. Will likely be the same for this

• Episodic gaming can work well for many reasons if done well. It allows the developer to tweak things to improve them or take the games story into another direction if the current one isn't quite working etc. The problem we have here though is Telltale aren't doing it right. They even made fun of it themselves at the start of Atlus Mugged, so hopefully things will get better.

Honestly I'd disagree. I do have a bit of fun waiting for the games to come along. Keeps a lot of fan discussion brewing too, because we're never sure what's going to happen.

• I'd say the "rushed" feeling of Wolf Among Us was the result of a rewrite. I haven't played Tales Ep2 yet, but it seems like it didn't have that backwards feeling that Smoke and Mirrors gave. I wouldn't really worry.

And honestly, 2 months is a solid amount of time to make a great episode. Walking Dead Season 1 and Game of Thrones are examples of that.

WAU felt rushed. I hope Tales doesn't.

• Yes but it also happens to raise hopes and hype. I remember the feeling after finishing the first episode when I knew nothing and expected nothing and now after finishing the second... I liked it but it couldn't be compared with the first. The novelty is gone, it was not what I expected (since I read forums and watched trailers I expected something, it can't be avoided). I know by the time the series will be complited there will be no hype at all. Because it can't be maintaned for so long based on just 1,5 hours in 2-3 months. For such a thing period should be much smaller, about a month ideally. Otherwise it's just a torture.

• I agree. The gap between each one needs to be shortened to keep the hype and talk going over the course of the series. If they nail that, it would be much better.

DeityD posted: »

Yes but it also happens to raise hopes and hype. I remember the feeling after finishing the first episode when I knew nothing and expected n

Sign in to comment in this discussion.