Do you think Jack....

...will take control over Rhys at some point in the future?

Also, "Image, Enhance!" I lol'd so hard

Comments

• Well it looks like Rhys has new tech in the future, maybe Jack is still with him, but he can control when he wants him or not

• Depends on that end decision really, but yeah I can't see this panning out without some sort of struggle between Jack and Rhys, since Rhys is pretty much Jack's ticket back to Helios. Plus, Jack will need a body anyway to actually appear to anyone else

• It's interesting that at the end of ep 2 Jack still seems to need Rhy's permission to hack into the gps-thingy. But sure, Jack probably will be able to take control over Rhys in the future.

• What if Rhys had to replace his Echo eye and his arm and whatever other tech he has, because of Handsome Jack. Like HJ had infiltrated that tech, so it was not safe to keep if Rhys wanted to keep being Rhys. So he got new stuff? Im not really too familiar with the ins and outs of the Borderlands world, but i would imagine it wouldn't be cheap or easy to replace, so does he go back to Hyperion then for sure? Or does he only go back to get new tech, and get HJ the hell out of his head?

We never see HJ in any of the future scenes where we have control of Rhys, i know that the 'present' scenes are fairly short so far, but no hint of anything Jack-like yet.

Poogers555 posted: »

Well it looks like Rhys has new tech in the future, maybe Jack is still with him, but he can control when he wants him or not

• You know, Vasquez said that Hyperion wants him because of "something in his head". So... Who knows, who knows.

Arya_Stupid posted: »

What if Rhys had to replace his Echo eye and his arm and whatever other tech he has, because of Handsome Jack. Like HJ had infiltrated that

• Considering his new arm is platinum and his eye is upgraded, not to mention his new threads, I doubt he gets rid of what he has to keep Jack away. If he turned on Jack or Hyperion, how would he get brand-new Hyperion-only tech on Pandora? Jack possibly upgrades him, or he gets back into Hyperion and gets the upgrades himself.

• Without a doubt, I think that it's at least going to be a possibility. Jack was already able to control Rhys early on in the Episode and make him hit himself with his robotic hand, and at the end you have the option to let Jack into your systems to control the Atlas facility... which he does by controlling Rhys.

Bad times are ahead for Pandora.

• Vasquez says a lot in this episode... Someone has been feeding him major info, I'm not certain if it's just Vaughn or if Yvette has been fucking us around since the beginning too. Im inclined to think she is. But who told him about Jack? Vaughn didn't even believe us at first...hmmmm.

I think im going to replay without telling anyone about Jack, or anything to do with him, and see how that goes with regards to how informed Vasquez' is. And see if they still want me.

DeityD posted: »

You know, Vasquez said that Hyperion wants him because of "something in his head". So... Who knows, who knows.

• I think we can trust Jack. As he said if Rhys dies he does. He wants to help and we both have a common enemy. Tbh I trust Jack more than Vaughn

• edited March 2015

Yeah, but that's only at the moment. That could change at the drop of a hat.

Clemenem posted: »

I think we can trust Jack. As he said if Rhys dies he does. He wants to help and we both have a common enemy. Tbh I trust Jack more than Vaughn

• Definitely. My friend and I have been banking on this possibility from the start.

• That's pretty much what he's doing. He starts off powerless, and then he gains control of Rhys' arm, and THEN, if you let him, he gains control of Rhys' entire body.

• Rhys is going to be Jack's meat suit.

• I think Jack somehow alerted them, in my playthrough he says something like "right on time/right on target" when Vasquez's moon shot appears and then intimates that Hyperion can track him through his cybernetics (or maybe that's just how I'm reading it). I think Rhys will have the upgrade to prevent Vasquez from being able to track him (you even have the option of asking "how do you keep finding me?" at Old haven.

Vasquez says a lot in this episode... Someone has been feeding him major info, I'm not certain if it's just Vaughn or if Yvette has been fuc

• Yep, I think he will.

• Alt text

Scaeva posted: »

Rhys is going to be Jack's meat suit.

• You can't trust Jack. It's gonna end in heartbreak if you, for some reason, do. Jack is looking out for himself, and the minute his fate is no longer tied to Rhys' he'll kill him. He'll kill Fiona. He'll kill everyone around him. The dude is straight up evil.

I mean Jack even told you he was going to kill you once you found the vault.

Clemenem posted: »

I think we can trust Jack. As he said if Rhys dies he does. He wants to help and we both have a common enemy. Tbh I trust Jack more than Vaughn

• I played at first without telling anyone - wanted to see how it will play out. I can swear he says it all the same... but need to replay too.

Vasquez says a lot in this episode... Someone has been feeding him major info, I'm not certain if it's just Vaughn or if Yvette has been fuc

• edited March 2015

he gains control of Rhys' entire body.

And then, his mind

Maybe the final choice will be between allowing Jack to take over his body and his removal

Piggs posted: »

That's pretty much what he's doing. He starts off powerless, and then he gains control of Rhys' arm, and THEN, if you let him, he gains control of Rhys' entire body.

• Actually I dunno if I'm just wrong here - but seriously, why even Rhys' so surprised? Even Yvette was able to track him, which means that due to his implants or just the fact he's Hyperion's property and all and they're all have some markers - they can track their employees everywhere. I don't quite get the whole concept "how's that you keep finding me". I just... why the hell no?

I think Jack somehow alerted them, in my playthrough he says something like "right on time/right on target" when Vasquez's moon shot appears

• He thought he could use Loader Bot against Vasquez... He clearly underestimates Hyperion's reach.

Actually I dunno if I'm just wrong here - but seriously, why even Rhys' so surprised? Even Yvette was able to track him, which means that du

• Damn, you're right - that too.

Which is very odd. What kind of a programmer are you, Rhys? xD Like damn you're not cool bro, not cool at all. Jack was a way smarter even back in TPS.

He thought he could use Loader Bot against Vasquez... He clearly underestimates Hyperion's reach.

• Yeah, he's definitely not the brightest crayon in the box - but that's what makes him so endearing!

Damn, you're right - that too. Which is very odd. What kind of a programmer are you, Rhys? xD Like damn you're not cool bro, not cool at all. Jack was a way smarter even back in TPS.

• I know, I love everything about him starting with this stupid crush on HJ and to his stupid funny socks.

Still gonna call him dumb-dumb from now on though. xD

Yeah, he's definitely not the brightest crayon in the box - but that's what makes him so endearing!

• Absolutely. Come on, this is Jack we're talking about here.

• Im pretty sure he didn't change his Echo eye because it becomes yellow every time Jack shows up

What if Rhys had to replace his Echo eye and his arm and whatever other tech he has, because of Handsome Jack. Like HJ had infiltrated that

• It would make sense, after all, Jack was SUPER pissed at me when I told Vaughn we weren't telling anyone at Hyperion about him yet. I think he really wants to get back up there and start running things again.

I think Jack somehow alerted them, in my playthrough he says something like "right on time/right on target" when Vasquez's moon shot appears

• Yeah, I said that he was too dangerous (it was a compliment, I swear!) and he was not happy, it made it seem like he took things into his own hands and summoned Vasquez.

nursethalia posted: »

It would make sense, after all, Jack was SUPER pissed at me when I told Vaughn we weren't telling anyone at Hyperion about him yet. I think he really wants to get back up there and start running things again.

• edited March 2015

If Jack doesn't get his own body, then i will be dissapoint.

Also, when will we see Dr. Zed?

#Dr.ZedFTW

• Yeah, he says something about ' I guess that tracker's working ' and he upgraded Rhys' echo eye on the spot. Maybe he is pulling strings. So we need to keep Jack happy. Without screwing ourselves. Sounds tough.

I am loving this game soo much, but i don't trust Anyone, not even myself, or my other self. What a strange dynamic.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.