Who is this Athena?

So yeah, who is Athena exactly? The way I read it, she's an ex-Bounty Hunter I reckon?

If so, Bounty Hunters should be fearsome. She didn't strike me as the fearsome type. She seemed kinda cool and cute really, though she seems like a lesbian to me.

Or is there yet a twist to this tale?

Thanks!

Comments

• Oh come on, there's no way being thrown by a super strong robot is worse than having your jetpack be messed up by a blind guy and then falling into a pit of sharp teeth.

• Athena is a former Lance Assasin hence Harrington's line "I thought you quit" she is one of the many hired guns on Pandora. She appears in both Borderlands games and us a playable character in the pre sequel.

• Athena first appears in the Secret Armoury Of General Knoxx, a Borderlands 1 DLC. She was a Lance Assassin, who was forced to kill her parents as part of her training, spent her childhood and teenage years being trained and eventually became the best assassin in the lance.

Then Atlas forced her to kill her sister, and she went "a little stabby" and killed 9 and a half Crimson Lance (Atlas's private merc army) before getting captured. The guy cut in half is still alive, he just has to hop everywhere now.

Eventually she helped the Vault Hunters declare war on the Crimson Lance, kill General Knoxx (who was actually considering suicide, but let them fight him anyway) and blow up Knoxx's armoury.

She worked as a hired gun for a while. Finding herself short of money, she agreed to become a Vault Hunter, alongside 5 others, for a high-ranking executive and programmer called Jack. They fought against the Eridian Guardians and a insane legion of Dahl Soldiers, who had captured the Helios space station and intended to use its giant laser to destroy the moon and Pandora. At the same time, they watched Jack slowly transform into Handsome Jack over the course of a few days.

They also helped him in his rise to power and his bloody war on Pandora. After the attack on New Haven and the slaughter of thousands of people there, the Fellowship broke up. Two Vault Hunters left to work for Jack, one was shot by him and left for dead in a frozen wasteland, Athena and another left his employ and the fate of one is unknown, although he might have lived.

Eventually, Athena was captured by the BL1 Vault Hunters following the events of Borderlands 2, and she told the story of what happened on Elpis to them.

She can throw her kinetic shield, Aspis, and use it to deflect bullets, heal allies and ricochet off enemies like Captain America. Her sword, Xiphos, can make enemies bleed and wreck bosses if it's good enough. She can also make good use of elemental damage. She's great with shotguns and guns with bayonets.

As well as that, she got into a relationship with a lesbian black market dealer, Janey Springs, who also wrote children's stories and was arguably the nicest and kindest person you could ever meet on the moon. She seems to have been her girlfriend for 3 years, too.

Athena's a very stoic person with iffy social skills, and has no friends or family due to the death of her sister and Knoxx, who was the first person to be her friend. However, she is a very effective leader who enjoys melee charges, throwing her shield and shooting people in the forehead.

• yay that about sums it up

LawmanZero posted: »

Athena first appears in the Secret Armoury Of General Knoxx, a Borderlands 1 DLC. She was a Lance Assassin, who was forced to kill her paren

• edited March 2015

http://borderlands.wikia.com/wiki/Athena

how about instead of complaining about telltale you go educate yourself by playing borderlands the pre-sequel and borderlands 2 as well considering you were complaining not long ago that this game is hard to understand for non borderlands fans (which it really isn't)

• while screaming like a girl

J-Master posted: »

Oh come on, there's no way being thrown by a super strong robot is worse than having your jetpack be messed up by a blind guy and then falling into a pit of sharp teeth.

• Whoa whoa whoa. Try not to be too rude. You could say, instead:

"Here, this link may help. Try to play the games, too."

And consider that the OP might have never played an FPS before. Playing one is quite stressful at times. And not everybody can afford BL2 and TPS.

Oh, and-this is definitely not the best way to treat new people. You've got to educate them, not permaban them or mute them or stuff.

Jewfreeus posted: »

http://borderlands.wikia.com/wiki/Athena how about instead of complaining about telltale you go educate yourself by playing borderlands t

• [removed]

Whoa whoa whoa. Try not to be too rude. You could say, instead: "Here, this link may help. Try to play the games, too." And consider t

• Oh no, I do play lots of story-driven FPS games, just none of the Borderlands games. And thanks for the kind words good sir!

Whoa whoa whoa. Try not to be too rude. You could say, instead: "Here, this link may help. Try to play the games, too." And consider t

• and who are you judge other people, are you some white knight that bring justice? he wasnt rude to you, you just too affected by what others say. its not allways true

• edited March 2015

nah not at all if i was too affected by what people say i would have left here a long time ago, if you knew the full story you wouldn't be giving me shit like i said before go around ask people and look on the steam forums (if his stuff is actually still there) and then tell me what you are saying now just stay out of things you don't know about kid

clap-tp posted: »

and who are you judge other people, are you some white knight that bring justice? he wasnt rude to you, you just too affected by what others say. its not allways true

• "kid" stop talking like youre some higher rank or something, for the record im pretty sure im older then you, kid

nah not at all if i was too affected by what people say i would have left here a long time ago, if you knew the full story you wouldn't be g

• edited March 2015

yep sure thing "higher class warrior and protector of the OP" think whatever you like still doesn't change the fact that you are wrong about this and considering you are new i know that for a fact anyway we are derailing the thread so don't expect another reply

clap-tp posted: »

"kid" stop talking like youre some higher rank or something, for the record im pretty sure im older then you, kid

• k, i could be wrong and you could explain it, you choise to instead be like "YOU DONT KNOW SHIT, KID" from the look of it was looking like what i said

yep sure thing "higher class warrior and protector of the OP" think whatever you like still doesn't change the fact that you are wrong about

• You're welcome! Happy to help!

himmatsj posted: »

Oh no, I do play lots of story-driven FPS games, just none of the Borderlands games. And thanks for the kind words good sir!

Sign in to comment in this discussion.