The Mysterious Stranger's Identity ('Atlas Mugged' Spoilers)

So after Episode 2 who do you think is the person who abducted Rhys and Fiona?

I'm going either Marcus,Bossanova or 'The One'.

Comments

• Bossanova's dead.

• OR IS HE?!

Cue 'X-Files' music.

J-Master posted: »

Bossanova's dead.

• FELIX SURVIVED THE EXPLOSION BY BECOMING A ROBOT MAN GUY AND HE'S THE MASKED DUDE.

IT'S CANON GUYS.

• Yes, he is. Zer0 is a professional assassin after all, he got the job done.

OR IS HE?! Cue 'X-Files' music.

• I have no idea why, but I still think the Stranger will still just end up being just some guy who doesnt have some secret identity

• Who is 'the One'? I've heard the name before but have no idea who or what it is. Another vault hunter?

• I'm guessing the woman on the picture in Felix' house.

• You mean Vallory, aka the woman on the cover for Episode 3? (match the hand shown at the end of the "Coming Soon" section to the hand of said lady. 90% sure it's her).

Yeah, that's been my guess since Episode 1. The masculine voice changer is almost too obvious to me, it would not suprise me in the slightest if it turned out to be an old woman.

Sméagol posted: »

I'm guessing the woman on the picture in Felix' house.

• In the Son of Crawmerax DLC in Borderlands 2, 6 assassins relating to the past of each Vault Hunter were sent to kill them. Of course, they all died.

Zero's assassin is some weird guy who's impaled on some spikes in a weird way. Nobody can comprehend what it means, and the main antagonist of the sidequest says that he didn't even though what the assassin was saying. Later, from a note, Zero learns that some person called "0ne" saved him.

Now think about it. Zero's helmet is a smooth, featureless helmet. Kind of like a Zero. Here, the Stranger's got 1 eye. And also, he speaks in haiku during the opening of Episode 1. Well, a sort of haiku.

Arya_Stupid posted: »

Who is 'the One'? I've heard the name before but have no idea who or what it is. Another vault hunter?

• That's Vallory? Ah, then it even makes more sense. I was guessing it was her because someone is tearing Felix from the picture at the end, I thought that was the stranger, but I'll have to view it again.

Mazekial posted: »

You mean Vallory, aka the woman on the cover for Episode 3? (match the hand shown at the end of the "Coming Soon" section to the hand of sai

• What if it's Lilith who kidnapped them to get more info on The Vault they were so close to find? The Kidnapper has a voice moduler, so the gender is unknown, it can be anyone.

If not Lilith, then someone else from Sanctuary, calling it.

• Thanks for explaining for me LawmanZero

LawmanZero posted: »

In the Son of Crawmerax DLC in Borderlands 2, 6 assassins relating to the past of each Vault Hunter were sent to kill them. Of course, they

• Bossanova died and what makes you think the Stranger is male, the Stranger has a distorter.

It could be Lilith or Athena.

• My job is to educate recruits, get into gunfights and shoot bandits in the face!

Thanks for explaining for me LawmanZero

• Is it me or does bossanova sound stupid? I like bassanova, hence the speaker in his chest. Am i right?

J-Master posted: »

Bossanova's dead.

• This is what everyone was thinking after the first episode (and yes, I got on the bandwagon of about 7 different people and was utterly convinced it was them before having the same level of conviction for someone else)...

https://www.telltalegames.com/community/discussion/88898/the-identity-of-major-spoilers-for-tales-and-pre-sequel

I'm still #TeamTimothy, but that's wishful thinking more than anything...

• It's either Timothy or Axton.

NEEDS MORE TIM DAMMIT.

This is what everyone was thinking after the first episode (and yes, I got on the bandwagon of about 7 different people and was utterly conv

• Yeah, Zer04life!

Pipas posted: »

Yes, he is. Zer0 is a professional assassin after all, he got the job done.

• I still have no idea who that person is, but after ep2 I'm pretty sure there's nothing badass about them. Well, not nothing but... that person now seems kinda like another funny BL idiot. xD

• Which could be literally anyone from Borderlands!

DeityD posted: »

I still have no idea who that person is, but after ep2 I'm pretty sure there's nothing badass about them. Well, not nothing but... that person now seems kinda like another funny BL idiot. xD

• Yes pretty much xD Except for Lilith mentioned above I guess... She would've eat Rhys alive just for talking/dealing with Jack.

Which could be literally anyone from Borderlands!

• In terms of the people I think it could be:

1. Lilith. Both are sassy, both are impatient, both are interested in Vaults. Lilith hasn't been around, and doesn't know their story, so it makes sense she'd be asking them.

2. Moxxi. Is somehow involved in this whole deal. Hired Zer0 to find Gortys. Also hasn't appeared yet, and isn't up to date on their story. She's a schemer and has been at the helm of some of the larger events in the past, like the Eye of Helios.

3. Vallory. Fits the same body type. Forshadowing at the end of Episode 2. I think that if TTG weren't planning on the identity being a surpising twist, this is the most likely.

4. Vaughn. More unlikely, but follows that fan theory that points out the cinematographical (that's a word now) clues. Implicates a wild turn in events.

5. Athena. Somewhat unlikely, but perfectly possible.

6. 0ne. This one is a stretch, since 0ne is tied only to Zer0 and no one else. I imagine 0ne would have to be mentioned or implicated in the next two episodes for this one to even make sense story-wise.

7. Marcus. He's narrating the whole story so... that makes a little less sense that he'd need to hear it from the ones involved. Also, it seems weird he'd modify his accent. He fits the body type though.

8. Timothy. I feel like this would be kinda cheap and senseless. Timothy is a DLC character, so already there is a limit on the number of people who even know about him, and although he would have a vested interest, perhaps, in this story, it feels like pulling a really weird "oh it's jack" twist.

9. Felix. They'd have to come up with a good reason he escaped death to explain this one, but I can see how it might work.

Lilith, Moxxi or Vallory seem the most likely choices to me.

• You hiring? Im an excellent shot.

LawmanZero posted: »

My job is to educate recruits, get into gunfights and shoot bandits in the face!

• Here's your license- now go to the wiki, pick a gun and kick ass!

You hiring? Im an excellent shot.

• We don't know that woman is Vallory.

Mazekial posted: »

You mean Vallory, aka the woman on the cover for Episode 3? (match the hand shown at the end of the "Coming Soon" section to the hand of sai

• I'm betting its a woman due to Telltale's use of the voice alteration thing.

• I think it'll probably be someone that's in the game, because of the whole 'You don't have to have played the Borderlands games to play this' thing, and it's probably someone stupid, because of the fact that they shot the gun, and when Fiona told them to save ammo they said 'Ohhhh, yeah' so it didn't seem like someone smart (aka Lillith, Vallory (I mean, she is someone they're told to be afraid of)). Maybe it's no one important, and they'll end up killing them in the end.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.