I wonder how far back Holo-Jack's memories go? *BL2 Spoilers*

What I mean is the Jack we talk to in episode 2 seems to have a bit of a memory problem. It's acceptable that the Jack Rhys talks to does not remember dying since it's a Nakayama impression from the real Jack. But I wonder what the Holo-Jack does remember up to. The Borderlands DLC with Nakayama has him making a Jack clone with all his memories and personality traits (unsuccessfully making a perfect clone and creating an abomination), but can we safely assume that Nakayama was using the same ID-chip thingy with the same info. that Rhys used?

I guess what I'm trying to get at is does Holo-Jack remember Angel (his daughter) dying? It would be interesting to see if Telltale explores this part of Jack's past. Or maybe it'll never be brought up in this game.

Also do you think it's o.k. to nickname the Handsome Jack we talk to in this game Holo-Jack? Wasn't really sure what to call him?

Comments

• I've been wondering about his memories as well as how Nakayama managed to make this AI in the first place. Like this isn't just some program, it seems to literally be Jack's brain and memories carried over to an AI. What's interesting is that during The Pre Sequel, in the mission regarding the beginning of this AI, Jack didn't want to help out with it in the end. Saying that becoming an AI is "the diet soda of immortality." So did Nakayama find a way to upload Jack's mind without his permission? And did it maybe regularly update to a cloud of some sort?

Perhaps his memory does go all the way to his death, and he's just suppressing the memory. Or maybe he just thought it was a bad dream, 'cause the hero never dies! But yeah, I'm super interested about them diving into all this further. Especially if Angel gets brought up at some point. Although I don't think anyone knew about Jack's daughter, so I'm not sure how likely it is that Jack would open up to Rhys about it.

• Although I don't think anyone knew about Jack's daughter, so I'm not sure how likely it is that Jack would open up to Rhys about it.

The only way can think of Angel being brought up is eventually we'll run into more vault hunters and Jack will give out a list of reasons to Rhys as to why he hates them so damn much. Angel will hopefully be one good reason.

I guess Nakayama just found a way. Since he was so freakin' creepy, I'm sure he did something weird to get everything the way he wanted.

Deadpoolian posted: »

I've been wondering about his memories as well as how Nakayama managed to make this AI in the first place. Like this isn't just some program

• As far back as the plot requires.

• Probably, RIP Angel :(

As far back as the plot requires.

• I would love if Telltale addressed Angel in some way (I thought we might get a reference to her during Jack's 'sacrifices' rant), especially considering that she was criminally underused in TPS. We've already seen a different side of Jack in Tales, and I think it would be such a wasted opportunity to gloss over such a huge part of his life. TT have the skills and talent to create something phenomenal with their relationship (and it really could go so many different ways)!

Sign in to comment in this discussion.