The fate of Handsome jack?

Okay, so we know in episode 2 that Jack is inside Rhys' head via Nakayama's drive. We see how he continues to appear everytime Jack hits his head. Now, when we see it comes back to the present day (When they're actually telling the story), we see Fiona punch Rhys, but no Jack appeared, infact, throughout the entire "present" day in the Tales from the Borderlands episode (1&2), we dont see him. Could he possibly have been deleted (Rhys killed him because he was too violent etc. essentially Telltale have brought him in the hype up the game the killed him off, would be a bit cheap). or maybe they found a way to transfer him to Hyperion, or another being.
What do you think?
I mean we didnt see him in episode 1, during the present day as it would have given it away straight away, but now I see no reason.
Could just be a lack of detail, or hinting at a big plot twist/development?
What do you guys think?

Comments

• Please forget about all this and go do something productive. We are watching you

Alt text

• Story is still unfolding and details like this one are possibly yet to be reviled.

• Rhys' new eye colour is a big hint..and he seems to be 100% his dorky self in the present, so it's not Jack taking over. Unless he's simply being quiet, but pfft, that's so not his style. Sooooo...where is he?

Since Handsome Jack is such a big character and one of the driving forces of why people love Borderlands, I would hope that they....I dunno...throw him a robotic body or pull some plot twisting rubbish; whatever it takes that allows him to stay. Bringing him back just to kill him off again does seem a bit pointless...

• well there is timothy, he is not exactly handsome jack but yknow, if handsome AI will get his body it would be intressting

Rhys' new eye colour is a big hint..and he seems to be 100% his dorky self in the present, so it's not Jack taking over. Unless he's simply

• edited March 2015

Rhys' eye color in the present is orange, when jack controls him at the end, Rhys' eye is also orange. Jack is still in Rhys mind.

• I want Handsome Jack back, but not like that, man - not like that...

Poor Timothy doesn't deserve to have his identity obliterated.

clap-tp posted: »

well there is timothy, he is not exactly handsome jack but yknow, if handsome AI will get his body it would be intressting

• more then he allready had

I want Handsome Jack back, but not like that, man - not like that... Poor Timothy doesn't deserve to have his identity obliterated.

• i though about it but by the rhys acted dosent seems like it at all, also jack is able to inhance his echoeye and then why didnt he hacked the strangers weapon or something?

• Exactly. His appearance may have changed, his voice may have changed, and he may have been turned into a mass-murdering mercenary, but he was still Timothy at his core - Jack's complete antithesis - to lose that last part of himself would be a tragedy.

more then he allready had

• Timothy's a 98% moral, gunslinging, army-smashing mercenary.

The morality of the others? Maya's got around 95%

Exactly. His appearance may have changed, his voice may have changed, and he may have been turned into a mass-murdering mercenary, but he wa

• Maybe Rhys found some way to block out Handsome Jack temporarily?

• edited March 2015

And when you play as Rhys you see the stranger telling him about jack and what happened! so maybe he's fooling everyone that he 'jack' is gone (future episode explanation?) and in fact he isnt he just learned to control jack or the other way around! because when you tell the story you tell the stranger + fiona that you hacked vasquez also the small flying thinggie at the end if you trust jack instead of fiona! and rhys cant do that.. so idk, maybe he learnt to control himself. also what the sudden costume change? i wanna know that. they seem like a much experienced people. hence they are captured but they look different than those flashbacks :)

i though about it but by the rhys acted dosent seems like it at all, also jack is able to inhance his echoeye and then why didnt he hacked the strangers weapon or something?

• Maybe they transferred him to someone else, then realized he holds the secret to finding the vault, and that's what Rhys was tracking when he first got captured... the Handsome AI.

• how maya gots morality

LawmanZero posted: »

Timothy's a 98% moral, gunslinging, army-smashing mercenary. The morality of the others? Maya's got around 95%

• Perhaps he somehow got the ID Drive removed, or switched it off, or hit himself in the head until Jack disappeared.

Gary-Oak posted: »

Maybe Rhys found some way to block out Handsome Jack temporarily?

• or hit himself in the head until Jack disappeared

Alt text

Alt text

LawmanZero posted: »

Perhaps he somehow got the ID Drive removed, or switched it off, or hit himself in the head until Jack disappeared.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.