Just curious.. Bone vs SamnMax

edited January 2007 in General Chat
I was looking at the release schedule and it seems like there will be a new sam and max every month or so... while it seems like Bone, which started first and had a second episode quickly after has not had a new episode in a while and none in the immediate future...

Has Sam and Max had better sales? Is there only one team? I am just curious...

Comments

• JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited January 2007
    The same people who did the first two Bone episodes are all working on Sam & Max right now. Whatever happens next with Bone (whatever it will be) will happen when those guys are done with the six Sam & Max episodes.
  • edited January 2007
    Was there a reason for the switch in priorities in the middle of Bone? Don't get me wrong.. I prefer Sam and Max, just curious.
  • edited January 2007
    From what I seem to recall, there are 2 Telltale teams, with some overlap.

The CSI team has been working on the CSI games--after CSI:3DM got done, they got right to work on CSI:HE.

The Sam and Max team was the team that worked on Bone beforehand. Right after Bone: The Great Cow Race, they immediately started working on the Sam and Max episodes.

My guesses: the Sam and Max team will probably start working on Bone when they get done with the current batch of episodes (I feel like they're around 2/3rds done already--3 episodes, + most of 4 and some of 5 and 6). And the CSI team will probably get to work on that mystery license when Hard Evidence is finished.
  • edited January 2007
    shadow9d9 wrote: »
    Was there a reason for the switch in priorities in the middle of Bone? Don't get me wrong.. I prefer Sam and Max, just curious.

Bone is as far as I know independently funded by Telltale whereas Sam & Max has a publisher that pays for it and sets schedules. Telltale can put Bone on hold because in a way (maybe) they're their own boss regarding that license but they have to meet Ubisoft's/Gametap's deadlines and so it would make sense that Bone be the license to be put on the back burner because it's the one that can. As has been said the company apparently didn't have enough people to work on two series at once.

As to why they chose to develop for Sam & Max as soon as they got the license, it's probably because a Sam & Max game is what everyone was asking of Telltale since the moment it was founded. I think it has less to do with Telltale preferring one license over another than with meeting expectations. Though I'm sure they wanted to do a Sam & Max game too!
  • edited January 2007
    Interesting. I will buy the entire season of Sam and Max when it is done. It looks like they are doing a good job... but from the reviews, I hope they increase the length of their upcoming episodes.
  • edited January 2007
    shadow9d9 wrote: »
    Interesting. I will buy the entire season of Sam and Max when it is done. It looks like they are doing a good job... but from the reviews, I hope they increase the length of their upcoming episodes.

You still didn't buy it :). I kinda get used to play a short game every month in between my busy schedules. You miss the action if you buy it later I say.
  • edited January 2007
    bashar wrote: »
    You still didn't buy it :). I kinda get used to play a short game every month in between my busy schedules. You miss the action if you buy it later I say.

If you had a backlog like me you'd wait...

I have: Discworld 2, myst 4, 5, the last express, out of order, no action jackson, loom, KQ1-7, Kyrandia 1-3, cirque, dead city, and all emmo in the pipeline... among others.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.