"Yes It's been awhile. everyone knows"....

Im surprised that telltale put that line in the game lol

Comments

• Lol I noticed that too. I didn't know they would address in the game so blatantly xD

• I loved how much fourth-wall breaking there was in this episode. When Rhys was talking to himself during the destination choice I almost died of laughter.

• It is a blatant disrespect to its fan base. How can they just brush it off, or laugh it off like that, when they've taken our money? It's not cool. In any other business sector or industry, Telltale would've been done for. It is only within the benevolent gaming industry can these guys survive, and even then, they're stretching said benevolence to the max.

• what? They've broken the forth wall in boarderlands before. When claptrap tells you about then secret stash. I don't even know what your getting at.

himmatsj posted: »

It is a blatant disrespect to its fan base. How can they just brush it off, or laugh it off like that, when they've taken our money? It's no

• Nice to know that they can poke fun of themselves.

• It is a blatant disrespect to its fan base.

Alt text

It is a blatant disrespect to its fan base. How can they just brush it off, or laugh it off like that, when they've taken our money? It's no

• DeltinoDeltino Moderator
    edited March 2015

...or it's self-deprecating humor at their own expense

I think disrespect would be having the intro go something like "Yeah it's been a long time, but hahaha! We got your money, suckers! We're laughing our way to the bank right this minute! Eat it!"

• I figured there was going to be a joke of some sort during the game, but I didn't expect it so early. I thought it was hilarious, a nice little jab at themselves.

• I think it was kind of funny. When narrator said "Yes It's been awhile. everyone knows" I was like "Yeah, you got that right". :D

• Oh, hush already. People are sick of your complaining and criticism of TellTale.

• I thought it was funny :3

• Great use of Marcus on Telltale's part. I half-expected a little kid to chime in halfway through his recap but it never happened :'(

• I'm just gonna say it better not take another 4 months :P

• edited March 2015

[removed]

• Just for that, it'll probably take 5 months :^)

I'm just gonna say it better not take another 4 months :P

• I agree with you Deltino, it is obviously a dig at Themselves. And i find it hilarious.

I don't care how long it took, this episode is effing awesome. Well worth the wait!

Deltino posted: »

...or it's self-deprecating humor at their own expense I think disrespect would be having the intro go something like "Yeah it's been a l

• It is a blatant disrespect to its fan base

Alt text

jesus christ is that another thing to add to your reasons for a lawsuit against them?

• They kind of deserve it. The wait wasn't even close to what they promised, even if the episode was awesome.

Oh, hush already. People are sick of your complaining and criticism of TellTale.

• It was decently funnier. It'd be funnier if this wasn't the second time it's taken four months.

• Hopefully it'll take them only 3 months... or even better - 2 months. :P

I'm just gonna say it better not take another 4 months :P

• It seemed very similar too what Lester said in the GTA heists... Coincidence... I think not!

• They never promised anything. And it was a joke that they deliberately put in to criticize themselves, how exactly is it disrespectful to the fans? himmatsj finds any excuse to criticize TellTale and people are absolutely sick of it. There was literally no reason to get "offended" by it.

Piggs posted: »

They kind of deserve it. The wait wasn't even close to what they promised, even if the episode was awesome.

• his name is marcus

Tewudin posted: »

I think it was kind of funny. When narrator said "Yes It's been awhile. everyone knows" I was like "Yeah, you got that right".

• They did promise us something.

There are five episodes in this first season. Episodes are usually available to download between 4 and 6 weeks apart.

I expected it a few months earlier. This is a really shitty estimate to give, and I consider it a promise that Telltale continually breaks.

They never promised anything. And it was a joke that they deliberately put in to criticize themselves, how exactly is it disrespectful to th

• Nothing in that quote suggests that it's a guarantee or promise, so...

And don't act like this is a recurring thing; it's not. No need to get this worked up over the wait time.

They did promise us something. There are five episodes in this first season. Episodes are usually available to download between 4 and

• It's a promise in the sense that they know that these episodes take a long time to make, and yet, they keep giving that faulty estimate. They're afraid to give a real estimate because they know it'll effect their sales.

And don't act like this is a recurring thing; it's not.

How is this not a reoccuring thing? Have you not seen any of the waits for the other Telltale games?

Nothing in that quote suggests that it's a guarantee or promise, so... And don't act like this is a recurring thing; it's not. No need to get this worked up over the wait time.

• They're afraid to give a real estimate because they know it'll effect their sales.

No...

How is this not a reoccuring thing? Have you not seen any of the waits for the other Telltale games?

The average wait time is two months. If you're going to use the FAQ as the main point of your argument, then people aren't going to take you seriously.

It's a promise in the sense that they know that these episodes take a long time to make, and yet, they keep giving that faulty estimate. The

• No...

If that's all you have to say as a response, this conversation is a waste of my time. Sorry.

They're afraid to give a real estimate because they know it'll effect their sales. No... How is this not a reoccuring thing? H

• My favorite kind of hater is one that assumes TellTale is a greedy company that cares more about money than the quality of their games. You have no argument here.

No... If that's all you have to say as a response, this conversation is a waste of my time. Sorry.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.