So, about Handsome Jack. Is anyone else... [Spoilers]

...keeping him a secret? At this moment in time only 18-ish% of players didn't tell Vaughn. I personally decided to keep him under wraps, though I'm beginning to wonder just how badly this is going to blow up in my face down the line. However, finding out that Vaughn had taken the deal from Vasquez helped ease my guilt about not being completely truthful. Looks like everyone is keeping secrets.

So what did you do? Any regrets?

Comments

• edited March 2015

I kept him a secret.

After I found out about Vaughn having a deal with Vasquez, I didn't particularly trust him. I still don't. Maybe Felix's words in episode one has more value than we think. I'm going to continue to keep Jack a secret if need be, there's a certain appeal about the group thinking Rhys is slowly going mad anyway.

And nope, I don't regret it.

• Yeah and Vasquez knows that Rhys has something valuable in his brains so where did he find that out? Vaughn was really exited about Jack too, I mean he said something about getting rich if they go back to Helios. Maybe Vaughn is going to betray us?? :(

On the other hand, I guess Vasquez finds you anyway even if you decide to keep Jack secret.

I kept him a secret. After I found out about Vaughn having a deal with Vasquez, I didn't particularly trust him. I still don't. Maybe Fel

• I kept it a secret, I just thought it would be more fun that way.

• edited March 2015

When Rhys is being lead through his hall in the Gortys Project building in Old Haven, when Vasquez asks how you pulled it off, you can choose "Handsome Jack helped me." Vasquez is weirded out by that, Jack complains you're telling everyone. Vasquez assumes you meant it as an "inspirational figure" kind of thing. So Vasquez has no idea what's inside Rhys' head, he just knows he'll get some more recognition and money off Rhys staying alive. Someone higher up knows what it is probably.

nohuhhuh posted: »

Yeah and Vasquez knows that Rhys has something valuable in his brains so where did he find that out? Vaughn was really exited about Jack to

• edited March 2015

I actually made a similar comment in another thread in regards to Vaughn.

Someone suggested that Vasquez may be referring to Nakayama's ID chip which would make a lot of sense if you think about it. In episode one, Vaughn mentions that they pay handsomely for recovered ID chips and not even that, it happens to be a "creepy Black Ops" project as described by Rhys. Likely, Vaquez is referring to whatever files they can recover from Nakayama's projects.

Another user mentioned that if you tell Vasquez it was Handsome Jack who helped you, he responds as to how the madman himself was an inspiration to many. I don't think Vaughn tells Vasquez about Handsome Jack . . at least not yet. Still not trusting him, bro or not. If I can't trust Fiona, who is also me, then how the heck can I ever trust Vaughn?

Man, this game plays some seriously impressive mind games.

Yeah and Vasquez knows that Rhys has something valuable in his brains so where did he find that out? Vaughn was really exited about Jack to

• If I can't trust Fiona, who is also me, then how the heck can I ever trust Vaughn?

Alt text

This just blew my tiny mind.

I actually made a similar comment in another thread in regards to Vaughn. Someone suggested that Vasquez may be referring to Nakayama's I

• I don't know why, but I can't trust her.

She's a gosh darn con-artist. For some reason, the only character I can actually trust is Rhys and maybe Felix. Is that weird? It's definitely weird.

This game really does play some mind tricks.

If I can't trust Fiona, who is also me, then how the heck can I ever trust Vaughn? This just blew my tiny mind.

• Alt text
    xD

Felix was right, trust no one. Poor Rhys though. Something tells me life never prepared him for this.

If I can't trust Fiona, who is also me, then how the heck can I ever trust Vaughn? This just blew my tiny mind.

• Hey, it's my special forum buddy!

And I wouldn't say that, he seems to be taking the current events at a decent pace. He hasn't lost his mind or died of heat stroke. Plus, he's still witty and seems pretty headstrong (especially towards the end of episode two).

Also, that's exactly why I trust Felix. He knows what's up. He's my unofficial bro.

DeityD posted: »

xD Felix was right, trust no one. Poor Rhys though. Something tells me life never prepared him for this.

• Oh right I completely forgot about all that. Well this is getting interesting..

Dapnee posted: »

When Rhys is being lead through his hall in the Gortys Project building in Old Haven, when Vasquez asks how you pulled it off, you can choos

• Gah I want to trust Vaughn so bad but I'm feeling that he's going to betray us. I mean, it's always the closest friend who betrays you in video games/tv-series. I guess it's better not to trust anyone..

Alt text

I actually made a similar comment in another thread in regards to Vaughn. Someone suggested that Vasquez may be referring to Nakayama's I

• edited March 2015

Most people still trust him. I'm just a cynical bastard. I'm sure trusting him will probably do no harm to you in the end!

Gah I want to trust Vaughn so bad but I'm feeling that he's going to betray us. I mean, it's always the closest friend who betrays you in video games/tv-series. I guess it's better not to trust anyone..

• Vaughn's my bro,bro!Icould never have secrets from my bro!That's bro,bro!

• Alt text

I dunno, of course Rhys' doing k but he kinda looks like he need a hug at the same time. xD With all the beating, hitting his head and stuff.

Hey, it's my special forum buddy! And I wouldn't say that, he seems to be taking the current events at a decent pace. He hasn't lost his

• Well when you put it that way... Vaughn is the broest of the bros! :3

Tolispro posted: »

Vaughn's my bro,bro!Icould never have secrets from my bro!That's bro,bro!

• I told Vaughn, mostly because I wanted to see his reaction and how it would go down from there. I've usually found the stupider choices in Telltale are the most entertaining. When Vaughn mentioned Hyperion wanting to get their hands on Rhys' body and Jack's eyes lit up, I was like, "Yep. I've made a terrible mistake."

No regrets tho lol.

• I'm keeping it a secret as well. They're obviously going to find out about it at some point, since it's known during the preset day portion of the game, but for now I'm having fun with everyone thinking Rhys has gone nuts. Also kept it a secret because I figured Jack wouldn't appreciate me running around telling everyone.

• I kept it a secret.

And I don't regret anything.

That scene with his hand sticking through Vaughn's crotch was comedy gold.

• Rhys does get hurt quite a lot doesn't he? XD

I dunno, of course Rhys' doing k but he kinda looks like he need a hug at the same time. xD With all the beating, hitting his head and stuff.

• He's basically just a punch bag for everyone, even Fiona for chrissake. Poor bastard, I pity him a liitle. xD

Rhys does get hurt quite a lot doesn't he? XD

• edited March 2015

I told the truth since I expect that keeping Jack a secret or telling thr truth was going to bit us anyways

• Ikr? That neck punch was just.....uncalled for!

He's basically just a punch bag for everyone, even Fiona for chrissake. Poor bastard, I pity him a liitle. xD

• I keep trying to think of something pricier than gold that I can use to categorise that scene....platinum! That scene was comedy PLATINUM!!!

I kept it a secret. And I don't regret anything. That scene with his hand sticking through Vaughn's crotch was comedy gold.

• I even think that what came before the punch was an overreaction already... But maybe they're just playing their roles. Or he seriously fcked up big time in the future.

I mean I don't want TTG get it wrong if they're reading this, because it is funny. It's just... goddamit Rhys xD you're such a loser that people are worried. xD

J_E_K posted: »

Ikr? That neck punch was just.....uncalled for!

• edited March 2015

Poor Rhys. He fails so freaking often, in so many ways, in so many places, in such spectacular fashions (or less spectacular one's, like when he comes up with a plan and everyone just...wanders off and does their own thing).

If it wasn't for the fact that he's so damned lovable while doing it, and that he somehow tends to fumble his way to victory (or at least....survival, I suppose) we'd....well, no. We wouldn't hate him, would we? We'd just...laugh at him.

Like we laugh at Claptrap, the most useless creation in all of existence (and it knows it, apparently, according to the latest DLC).

You hear that, Rhys? You're ONE STEP, away from being Claptrap! Shape up, kiddo!

I even think that what came before the punch was an overreaction already... But maybe they're just playing their roles. Or he seriously fcke

• Comedy diamond(pony)!

I keep trying to think of something pricier than gold that I can use to categorise that scene....platinum! That scene was comedy PLATINUM!!!

• edited March 2015

Oh my god, I never thought about it like that.

...But I absolutely agree. xD

Poor Rhys. He fails so freaking often, in so many ways, in so many places, in such spectacular fashions (or less spectacular one's, like whe

• I totally agree! Sorry but... who punches someone in the neck anyway?

Ikr? That neck punch was just.....uncalled for!

• I'd say he just needs more self-confidence. I think he just puts on this act of being an arrogant asshole because that's what everyone is like at Hyperion, but really he's quite sweet. Claptrap annoys the fuck out of me, and I actually really like Rhys (though it would be nice if something he attempts in future episodes actually works out), so to me he is a safe distance from Claptrap as far as uselessness/annoying-ness goes.

Poor Rhys. He fails so freaking often, in so many ways, in so many places, in such spectacular fashions (or less spectacular one's, like whe

• Wait a minute.....

If she punched his head Jack would come out. Maybe TT is screwing with us..

I totally agree! Sorry but... who punches someone in the neck anyway?

• I'm really curious to know if Jack is still with Rhys at this point. I think his echo-eye looks sort of ...burnt-out, so maybe that's an indication that Jack is still screwing with him? o_O

Wait a minute..... If she punched his head Jack would come out. Maybe TT is screwing with us..

• That's one possibility.
    Though if we're talking realistically here, it's very hard to punch (and punch painfully) someone in the head when you're shorter than that person.

Wait a minute..... If she punched his head Jack would come out. Maybe TT is screwing with us..

• The mere idea that Rhys is not gonna get rid of him at least in the end of the game hurts very much. It'll be just another Timothy all around. :(

I'm really curious to know if Jack is still with Rhys at this point. I think his echo-eye looks sort of ...burnt-out, so maybe that's an indication that Jack is still screwing with him? o_O

• Naaaah. He's fine. Also, it's mildly entertaining.

• Well if you say so. And yes, it is. :D

Naaaah. He's fine. Also, it's mildly entertaining.

• Of course I say so, I already mentioned I'm a sadistic bastard.

Though I'd like just once, just once, the opportunity to hit Vasquez back. Not kill him, not shoot him. Just hit him. And I want it to hurt, but we all know how Rhys is when he punches. But still, it'd be nice to get a little revenge.

Well if you say so. And yes, it is.

• Oh you.

Maybe we'll have a chance when Jack takes over. Though... He probably won't stop with just hitting him. Probably.

Of course I say so, I already mentioned I'm a sadistic bastard. Though I'd like just once, just once, the opportunity to hit Vasquez back

• I don't want to beat the life out of Vasquez, just return the favor. And I'd rather it be Rhys over any other character.

Oh you. Maybe we'll have a chance when Jack takes over. Though... He probably won't stop with just hitting him. Probably.

• I dunno how it'll work out in the end but for now it seems there's no way to get rid of Vasquez peacefully.

I don't want to beat the life out of Vasquez, just return the favor. And I'd rather it be Rhys over any other character.

• Wouldn't have it any other way. Vasquez has to pay up for his dues.

After all, he did throw a guy out an airlock.

I dunno how it'll work out in the end but for now it seems there's no way to get rid of Vasquez peacefully.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.