So, about Handsome Jack. Is anyone else... [Spoilers]

2»

Comments

• I told Vaughn in my first playthrough and he just said I was obsessed with Jack and reminded me that I hit my head. So on my second playthrough, I decided to just say "I think I'm losing it" in the first scene and in the desert, said I was thinking out loud. I got that hilarious talking wiener scene instead of the "you're obsessed" one. Totally worth it to keep Jack to myself.

• i kept him a secret... although when you see rhys in the present,, the ''stranger'' told rhys about jack!! so how did they know? how did vasquez know? idk whats happening anymore...

• It must just be that in one of his reports to Vasquez, Vaughn told him that they found Nakayama's ID drive and uploaded it.

Dapnee posted: »

When Rhys is being lead through his hall in the Gortys Project building in Old Haven, when Vasquez asks how you pulled it off, you can choos

• For some reason i think that they are playing the stranger. They seem like they can find a way to make almost anything into an argument, and then you get these glances between them that seem very un-hostile.

DeityD posted: »

I even think that what came before the punch was an overreaction already... But maybe they're just playing their roles. Or he seriously fcke

• I was just thinking about this, The Stranger asks Rhys 'what about Jack?' And cut to Rhys telling his story....

But Fiona is with them too! We know she interrupts Rhys when she thinks he is lying or making himself look good, or is annoyed by all the Bros. So why no little comment on the fact that Handsome Jack is/was lurking inside Rhys?

Something along the lines of ' So Rhys, I've heard so many stories. Tell me, what was it like to have Handsome Jack inside you?' And then she'd burst out laughing at his indignant sputtering.

Mercyva posted: »

i kept him a secret... although when you see rhys in the present,, the ''stranger'' told rhys about jack!! so how did they know? how did vasquez know? idk whats happening anymore...

• edited March 2015

You have to remember that Rhys and Fiona are telling the story. The reason the stranger knows is because Jack appears to Rhys in the form of a hologram by the end of episode one, which Rhys would have told the stranger that he was seeing a hologram of Handsome Jack.

Vasquez doesn't actually know, if you mention to him towards the end of episode two that Handsome Jack helped you, Vasquez responds with him "being an inspiration to all" meaning that he isn't aware that Rhys is seeing him.

Hope that helps.

Mercyva posted: »

i kept him a secret... although when you see rhys in the present,, the ''stranger'' told rhys about jack!! so how did they know? how did vasquez know? idk whats happening anymore...

• no but i appreciate the effort, in my playthrough i havent told anyone about jack, so maybe he told them in the future but that not something i did, so idk maybe telltale did that anyway.. and they think im insane lol xD

You have to remember that Rhys and Fiona are telling the story. The reason the stranger knows is because Jack appears to Rhys in the form of

• edited March 2015

Yep, kept Jack a secret. Felt like everyone would think Rhy's was nuts, if he said that "Handsome Jack" was talking to him and no one could see him. Fiona even has an option to say that he is acting "weirder then usual" when he starts seeing Jack, which shows Rhys opinion was already low to begin with if not thought of as crazy. I didn't trust Vaughn either, can't believe he thinks "Bro-fist=trust" for me "Bro-Fist=I forgive and won't kill you for that but that's all".

• But... wouldn't Rhys have finished the story of episode one by telling the stranger about him turning around to see HJ behind him? And I'm pretty sure whether you choose to tell anyone or not, that the others will find out about Jack anyway. It will be pretty obvious something is enabling Rhys to control the drones if you chose to trust Jack, and it seemed as though Jack would be pretty pissed off if you choose Fiona over him, so I'm guessing Fiona's plan may fail and Jack will take over Rhys against his will anyway in that case. If that is true, then I think the others (including Fiona) will find out soon.

Arya_Stupid posted: »

I was just thinking about this, The Stranger asks Rhys 'what about Jack?' And cut to Rhys telling his story.... But Fiona is with them to

• If you tell Vaughn, he initially thinks you've lost it. Then he does that thing where he tells you to ask the invisible person only you can see how many fingers he's holding up behind his back. After you tell him, he just looks confused........right before he starts geeking out over Jack appearing to someone with a Handsome Jack obsession (which creeped Jack out to no end).

Yep, kept Jack a secret. Felt like everyone would think Rhy's was nuts, if he said that "Handsome Jack" was talking to him and no one could

• This.

Rhys would have said, "blah blah blah, and then I turned around and the ghost of Handsome Jack was standing right next to me..."

But that doesn't explain why at the time of him retelling (at the end of Zer0 Sum) that neither Fiona or The Captor said, "wait, what?!"

But... wouldn't Rhys have finished the story of episode one by telling the stranger about him turning around to see HJ behind him? And I'm p

• edited March 2015

I only hope if it's true TTG won't freak out because of people noticing that and won't rewrite it (like they did in TWAU, it was the most uncool).

Arya_Stupid posted: »

For some reason i think that they are playing the stranger. They seem like they can find a way to make almost anything into an argument, and then you get these glances between them that seem very un-hostile.

• I had Rhys keep it a secret. I figured Jack was right when he said that Vaughn would just think he's crazy. After seeing how both choices play out, that's the one I'm sticking one. It's results in the most hilarious scene of the chapter!

• Jack doing the hand-crotch joke was the best thing ever...."Vaughn will try to forget that". Jack being sightly creeped out by Rhys is par for the course really.

• In my canon playthrough, I had Rhys tell Vaughn about Jack. My Rhys is honest to people he cares about.

On other playthroughs, I keep it a secret, because THAT scene with HJ using his hand....That is pure gold.

• Yeah, he's so bro, I am 100% sure in the next episode, he's gonna transform into... Broghn!!

nohuhhuh posted: »

Well when you put it that way... Vaughn is the broest of the bros!

• That's what I'm saying, I think Fiona and the others will find out later in the flashback, so that at the point in the 'future' when they are recounting the events it is not a surprise to Fiona because she found out before. The fact that it doesn't surprise the stranger may be a clue as to who they are... o_O

This. Rhys would have said, "blah blah blah, and then I turned around and the ghost of Handsome Jack was standing right next to me..."

• Yes, why no comment from her about the reveal of Jack? At anytime? It's a pretty big reveal, with big implications.

This. Rhys would have said, "blah blah blah, and then I turned around and the ghost of Handsome Jack was standing right next to me..."

• I agree, i don't want them to change it if it's true. I Want them to be working together to trick whoever this dude is, it fits for me. With their characters being what they are, and the excessive arguing.

DeityD posted: »

I only hope if it's true TTG won't freak out because of people noticing that and won't rewrite it (like they did in TWAU, it was the most uncool).

• I kept Jack a secret because of the way the characters reacted to him saying it the first time around. Vaughn came up with an excuse in front of the girls and after that, I decided not to say anything so that they wouldn't think he's gone insane...

• Seems like Hyperion already knows though.

• Kept it a secret. Rhys would look crazy. It's nice to see that jack's ai is as developed as superman's dad's ai in man of steel. Kinda creepy though.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.