Clues to Future Episode Locations in Title Backgrounds

I noticed that the backgrounds of the first two title cards revealed locations shown in both episodes, so decided to have a closer look at the future cards. What do you guys think?

Alt text

Episode One: Bossanova's chariot/death race arena/abandoned Atlas warehouse.

Alt text

Episode Two: The Pandoran desert/our makeshift grave.

Alt text

Episode Three: A Bar in Hollow Point? The Purple Skag? Maybe a new Moxxi-run establishment?

Alt text

Episode Four: Some sort of Hyperion facility - given the title (Escape Plan Bravo) I have a feeling we'll be escaping Pandora and heading back to Helios - will it just be the Hyperion boys, or will Fiona and Sasha come too? (I could see the reason why Fiona is so pissed at Rhys being because they abandoned them to go back to Helios) I also think that they will be escaping Vallory. It could also potentially be a Hyperion facility on Pandora - but where's the fun in that?

Alt text
Episode Five: If we do go to Helios in Ep 4, by Ep 5 we'll be back on Pandora (you can seen Elpis/Helios in the background), but what are these ruins?

Comments

• These ruins were in the "Next time on" at the end of episode one.

Alt text

It's also in the main menu title screen if you wait long enough, so I guess it's a pretty important location.

• Thank you! I knew I'd seen it somewhere recently, but thought I was losing it.

Given the prevalence of Hyperion's signature yellow I'd say it's somehow connected to them. Hmm, interesting...

Pipas posted: »

These ruins were in the "Next time on" at the end of episode one. It's also in the main menu title screen if you wait long enough, so I guess it's a pretty important location.

• edited March 2015

I've just noticed something disturbing for the Episode 5 screen:
    If you look closely, both of them look bloodied on their clothes, and Rhys looks to be holding some sort of blade (crazy guess, could be the blade of Zer0 if he was holding it backwards). Now, the really bad thing is look where Fiona's left hand is - on her chest, as if there was a wound!
    Looks like there could be a major fight between the two, and if that is a stab wound, it's gonna be one hell of a fight

• I want to know whose hand that girl is stabbing in the Episode 3 screen.

• You can also see Rhys entering them in the "Next Time On..." at the end of episode one.

Pipas posted: »

These ruins were in the "Next time on" at the end of episode one. It's also in the main menu title screen if you wait long enough, so I guess it's a pretty important location.

• I actually think that's the stun baton.

Someguy12 posted: »

I've just noticed something disturbing for the Episode 5 screen: If you look closely, both of them look bloodied on their clothes, and Rhys

• Wow, I hadn't even thought of the possibility of the main characters going to Helios.

I presumed that most of the story would take place on Pandora, but it would be a nice break. Perhaps, episode four is all about the idea of escaping Helios after being captured by Hyperion? Just a thought. Could be interesting to save Rhys from getting his skull split open for science.

• My guess is that it's August.

I want to know whose hand that girl is stabbing in the Episode 3 screen.

• I shouldn't be, it got eaten by the skag in Episode 1. Besides, that doesn't look like the way to hold a baton, definitely looks like how you would wield a sword or blade of some kind

I actually think that's the stun baton.

• I might just stay silent and watch that happen.XD

Wow, I hadn't even thought of the possibility of the main characters going to Helios. I presumed that most of the story would take place

• edited March 2015

Yeah, makes sense if that woman is his boss Vallory.

My guess is that it's August.

• Yeah, escaping from Helios is equally plausible - good thinking!

Wow, I hadn't even thought of the possibility of the main characters going to Helios. I presumed that most of the story would take place

• It looks like Vaughn's to me - the rolled white sleeve and weird banding:

Alt text

• Oh, you.

No seriously, I might too.

I might just stay silent and watch that happen.XD

• edited March 2015

Funny, Vaughn was my second guess!

It looks like Vaughn's to me - the rolled white sleeve and weird banding:

• Also, Rhys is holding the stun baton in his right hand, even though he's left handed. You know who is right handed? Jack. O_O

I've just noticed something disturbing for the Episode 5 screen: If you look closely, both of them look bloodied on their clothes, and Rhys

• Why thank you.

Yeah, escaping from Helios is equally plausible - good thinking!

• We gutted the skag and the stun baton was seen next to Rhys when he was wiping the intestines off his face.

I shouldn't be, it got eaten by the skag in Episode 1. Besides, that doesn't look like the way to hold a baton, definitely looks like how you would wield a sword or blade of some kind

• Actually yeah it could be. I'm looking at an image of him after he gets a new shirt from Vasquez, and it has a similar pattern: dark green band on a white sleeve

It looks like Vaughn's to me - the rolled white sleeve and weird banding:

• Well that's gonna be fun! Makes me even more relieved that I chose to trust Fiona instead of Jack

Also, Rhys is holding the stun baton in his right hand, even though he's left handed. You know who is right handed? Jack. O_O

• I've just rewatched it, and it does come out of the skag, but it doesn't show Rhys pick it up. The thing in Rhys' hand does have a grip like the baton, but it would just make more sense for him to have a blade or something like that. They are both bloodied, and Fiona looks like she is holding a wound. But yeah I see your point, it's a possibility

We gutted the skag and the stun baton was seen next to Rhys when he was wiping the intestines off his face.

• edited March 2015

And Loader Bot sacrificing himself against other Loader Bots for his father Rhys to escape....according to the slide.

It's going to be sad when Loader Bot gets the boot. :(

• Hopefully, if our dear Loader Bot does get the boot, it would be for a good cause such as saving our heroes. They've barely been surviving, but LB has always managed to save the day.

J-Master posted: »

And Loader Bot sacrificing himself against other Loader Bots for his father Rhys to escape....according to the slide. It's going to be sad when Loader Bot gets the boot.

• Also to add, Telltale named EP4 "Escape from Hyperion" but they changed it (according to game files I guess)

So, that most likely is a Hyperion facility

• Oh yeah, I vaguely recall that - that definitely makes sense, then!

CarL_J posted: »

Also to add, Telltale named EP4 "Escape from Hyperion" but they changed it (according to game files I guess) So, that most likely is a Hyperion facility

• I wonder if we'll ever go to Sanctuary? Lots of awesome characters there that made it their home base and also Mad Moxxi's bar.

• Looks like the episode 3 background is The Purple Skag, because they both have this random neon arm sign:

Alt text

Also, super random, but I saw these Hyperion posters for Opportunity in the first Helios scenes and is it just me or do they kind of resemble the ruins in the final card?

Alt text

They both seem to have those weird metal spires and yellow casing. The weird thing is neither look like the Opportunity from BL2...

• GIven the brown and white style of the rolled up sleeve, and the name of the episode, I'm thinking Scooter.

He's already taken one hit for us... Man.

• August would have to be my first guess as well, but I'm still not sure.

My guess is that it's August.

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator

Actually it does show Rhys pick it up.

I've just rewatched it, and it does come out of the skag, but it doesn't show Rhys pick it up. The thing in Rhys' hand does have a grip like

• I think that's the same poster that's floating around opportunity in BL2 (same broken structure-ish thing and typography), unless I'm mistaken. Maybe it's just left over from Jack's reign? Though I think it would be more fun if it turned out to be the ruins of opportunity in tales. That would be interesting to revisit.

Alt text

Alt text

Looks like the episode 3 background is The Purple Skag, because they both have this random neon arm sign: Also, super random, but I s

• Oh no, I hope not, poor guy!

ActionHank posted: »

GIven the brown and white style of the rolled up sleeve, and the name of the episode, I'm thinking Scooter. He's already taken one hit for us... Man.

• Ooh, good catch - I have no idea why the posters physically in Opportunity don't seem to resemble the actual Opportunity in any way, though...

I'd also love to see it in ruins, especially if Jack can't remember how that happened - he'd be pissed to see all his statues destroyed!

Spetzio posted: »

I think that's the same poster that's floating around opportunity in BL2 (same broken structure-ish thing and typography), unless I'm mistak

• edited March 2015

Yeah, it doesn't make a whole lot of sense unless the posters were created during the construction of opportunity (like how new buildings and such will sometimes have the coming soon here ads or something).

Oh yes! Would love to see callbacks to his original reactions, come to think of it. ("Oh come on -- what's wrong with that statue? I'm holding the Vault Key, and a baby. You know what babies are, right? Those little pink things your kind eats after you're done rolling around in your own feces?")

Ooh, good catch - I have no idea why the posters physically in Opportunity don't seem to resemble the actual Opportunity in any way, though.

• It is Purple Skag. That means we'll return to Hollow Point. More proofs - title "Catch a Ride" (Scooter's place), Hodunks.

Looks like the episode 3 background is The Purple Skag, because they both have this random neon arm sign: Also, super random, but I s

• I think it'd actually suit him as a running joke. Kind of like a much more grim, Pandoran version of slapstick.

Oh no, I hope not, poor guy!

• "I can actually see why you'd want to tear that particular statue down. Clearly, you are illiterate and the image of me reading a good book makes your head hurt somethin' awful."

Spetzio posted: »

Yeah, it doesn't make a whole lot of sense unless the posters were created during the construction of opportunity (like how new buildings an

• It looks like Vaughns Hand being stabbed, but could be a holder also.

Alt text

Bioshock confirmed?

• The chick in the episode 3 slide looks like the Catch-A-Ride girl.

• Also, if the arm in slide 3 does belong to Vaughn, he's no longer wearing his Atlasio watch!

Sign in to comment in this discussion.