Who took Athena's Shield?

Who took Athena's Shield? I didn't as i'd rather not have to deal with the wrath of Athena.

Comments

• A friend was telling me about this, but I think most people didn't weren't even able to based on choices

• I did on my first playthrough, and seeing the (?) Athena will REALLY remember that thing made me go "oh god what the fuck have I done..."

• I took it I figured since I let her off the hook with Janie she owed me.

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator

I didn't even get the option as I went to Hollow Point as Rhys.

• I chose not too and tried to play it of as it wasn't Athena to attack me, I don't want her to attack me. Make peace, not war. Also as one of the few surviving vault hunters of Borderlands the pre-sequel she is a highly interesting character to me.

• Ya, and I'd rather not piss Athena off. Plus she is my main vault hunter for the Pre-Sequel and there really didn't seem to be much point to taking it besides to piss her off which is not a smart move.

ruairi46 posted: »

I chose not too and tried to play it of as it wasn't Athena to attack me, I don't want her to attack me. Make peace, not war. Also as one of the few surviving vault hunters of Borderlands the pre-sequel she is a highly interesting character to me.

• edited March 2015

Ignore

• My main vault hunter is dead RIP Nisha. If you've seen Athena in all the content shes been in, it looks like theres some serious character development going on with her and i'd like to know more.

loganw1999 posted: »

Ya, and I'd rather not piss Athena off. Plus she is my main vault hunter for the Pre-Sequel and there really didn't seem to be much point to taking it besides to piss her off which is not a smart move.

• On my canon playthrough i had the Boys go to Hollowpoint first, so no opportunity.

But i had to play again to see what happened, and i stole that lying bitch's shield. And i think i really pissed her off. She wil Really, Really remember that. And then i figured since i was already screwed, i might as well trust Handsome Jack too. But at least i have a shield now.

BTW i am in love with the crap Fiona keeps in her inventory. When you scan her with Rhys, he can tell what she's holding. For example, his awesome Skag skin boot or 1 eye from an adult male human.

• I did.

Alt text

YOLO

• I did. Bargaining chip yolo.

• I have notifications turned off. I can tell how the characters react to the situation without being spoon fed.

That said, Athena did lose her shield as I got a choice to take it. Plus female protagonist is a thief, kind of.

• I Did that in my 2nd playthrough xD which is the exact opposite of my 1st one!

I did on my first playthrough, and seeing the (?) Athena will REALLY remember that thing made me go "oh god what the fuck have I done..."

• Just out of curiosity since I tried this, but didn't follow through. Does Athena's shield still show up in the preview for the next episode?

• If you steal the shield, she won't have it in the preview.

DoubleJump posted: »

Just out of curiosity since I tried this, but didn't follow through. Does Athena's shield still show up in the preview for the next episode?

• It did in mine but I didn't take it so I am not sure if it does if you take it.

DoubleJump posted: »

Just out of curiosity since I tried this, but didn't follow through. Does Athena's shield still show up in the preview for the next episode?

• I did too lol Athena is going to be pissed I don't care I did it 2 times in my two playthroughs and another two playthroughs I didn't cause I did not go to Old Haven first but I laughed when you were given opinion I can't wait for next episode maybe we can use Athena's Shield in the third episode

Pipas posted: »

I did. YOLO

• Yup I thought the same thing so Yolo

I did. Bargaining chip yolo.

• Ok thx!

If you steal the shield, she won't have it in the preview.

• "Athena will REALLY remember that" is the second scariest 5-word combination in the english language. Right after "Handsome Jack will remember that" :d

I did on my first playthrough, and seeing the (?) Athena will REALLY remember that thing made me go "oh god what the fuck have I done..."

• And it wasn't like Athena was actually out to kill the girls. The most she did was blow up the crate that the girls were using as cover AFTER Sasha opened fire on her. I think Athena was just bored :p

ruairi46 posted: »

I chose not too and tried to play it of as it wasn't Athena to attack me, I don't want her to attack me. Make peace, not war. Also as one of the few surviving vault hunters of Borderlands the pre-sequel she is a highly interesting character to me.

• It so sad... I go for the second ending because is that what I like... and I lost the opportunity to take hes shield and talk with too great characters!!! also that fking loader bot I will KILL HIM

TELLTALE WHY!!!

• also that fking loader bot I will KILL HIM

Alt text

Oh no, you didn't...

ualexen92 posted: »

It so sad... I go for the second ending because is that what I like... and I lost the opportunity to take hes shield and talk with too great characters!!! also that fking loader bot I will KILL HIM TELLTALE WHY!!!

• It was a mistake... don't worry I learn from mistakes, next time I will make sure he will go to trash, most repugnant character so far, this fk trash bot, piece of broken metal!!!

also that fking loader bot I will KILL HIM Oh no, you didn't...

• Same here bro, what's she going to do ? It's not like she can... shoot us, or anything... :(

I did. YOLO

• Nah, but she has a sword in the preview, bro. She's not going to use it, right? ...right?

cries

armis37 posted: »

Same here bro, what's she going to do ? It's not like she can... shoot us, or anything...

• I mean, who uses swords anymore, right ? Noone uses them anymore, right ? :(

Nah, but she has a sword in the preview, bro. She's not going to use it, right? ...right? cries

• i did it, but only with the save where everyone been kinda asshole-ish. Fits perfectly. :D

• That's right! No one! So you can totally relax and totally not worry about being dismembered by an ex-assassin whose property you stole.

Alt text

Don't worry, be happy :p

I mean, who uses swords anymore, right ? Noone uses them anymore, right ?

• But she promised she won't do it anymore :/

That's right! No one! So you can totally relax and totally not worry about being dismembered by an ex-assassin whose property you stole. Don't worry, be happy

• Exceptions are made for thieving little scags. After all, it's not bounty hunting when its personal ;)

But she promised she won't do it anymore

• That's something only bounty hunters would say xD

Exceptions are made for thieving little scags. After all, it's not bounty hunting when its personal

• I did.#GivesNoFucks

• I totally took it - since my thought process was "She doesn't get hit with bullets when using this, so maybe taking it will increase my chances of shooting her before she kills me a tiny bit". Since I'm pretty sure she wants to kill Fiona anyways, if for no other reason than the bounty says "wanted dead".

• I just did my douchebag playthrough and I chose the "I'm going to mess with her option" - which doesn't end with the "Athena will REALLY remember that" prompt. Instead, you ask her if it's hers in front of Janey and she has to lie, so you say that she wouldn't mind you taking it then - she basically has to give you permission and it makes Janey even more suspicious of her!

(I am so going to regret this, aren't I?)

• Considering she tried to kill us, I don't feel TOO guilty about taking her shield. Shouldn't lie to your girlfriend, Athena, it was fun to watch her squirm, even though I may regret it deeply.

• Ya I think so. Fiona may be a badass, but to Athena she's going to be baby food. Fiona should keep her head up if i was her.

I just did my douchebag playthrough and I chose the "I'm going to mess with her option" - which doesn't end with the "Athena will REALLY rem

• I lied to Janey for her and said that she wasn't the one trying to kill us. Which she totally was. It's only fair that I take her shield in return for keeping that secret, right?

Sign in to comment in this discussion.