Please be respectful of each other's ships.

Now, I understand that Rhyiona and Rhysa are the two most popular ships here. A lot of the shippers here are doing good-natured combat, but I'm worried.
You see, this is how I see it.
There are two 1920s gangster clans in a well populated part of the city, each in two well-fortified warehouses turned into bases for them-with plenty of guns, too. Now, the people in one warehouse ship Rhysa, and the ones on the other ship Rhyiona.
At the moment, it's harmless. They're throwing friendly verbal insults, chucking toilet paper, and petty stuff. But soon, it's going to turn ugly.
There'll be the sounds of a massive firefight breaking out in a street in Telltale Town's Borderlands District.. There will be the sound of shotguns firing, revolvers blasting, Tommy guns roaring, heavy machine guns spraying windows with bullets, and a heavy firefight going on. People will get knifed as well. Bombs will be detonated or thrown, and cars will burn with the occupants inside. This isn't any meme posting-it's a war.
And between the firefight, there will be people running for cover. Some will try to break up the fight, but they'll get stabbed and the bullets will keep flying. Soon, it'll spread to the whole of the district, and they'll be no more joking or talking about the latest plot points. Just lots of dying and fire.
Then the mods will have to come in. The police will break up the mobs, the firemen will put out the fires, the ambulances will get the wounded to hospital and the Mod Airships carpet-bomb the whole area. And the war will be over, but it'll soon start again thanks to another argument.
But, to be serious, Rhysa and Rhyiona are taking up lots of the board space, and people have begun to take sides. There's already 2 threads about shipping, but there's no need to make around a couple hundred more.
In fact, there should be at least a shipping megathread or something. People can post want they want there, but they need to be civil.
I mean, it's all good at the moment, and people are nice and joking.
Just don't try to kill each other, OK?

Comments

• Hope Telltale mentions this in a 4th wall break joke. It's so fricken' funny :D

• lol this brings back memories of the Kenny vs Jane threads. I left the forums for months after I read the cancer filled posts.

• I have nothing but respect toward Rhysha shippers. I am mostly seeing this as harmless fun and I would never insult others for their ship.

• edited March 2015

I got it! It's a Borderlands-themed alternate reality game. By the time episode 5 comes out, we all will turn into PSYCHOS!

• Oh I do hope they will. They have to. xD

Crips posted: »

Hope Telltale mentions this in a 4th wall break joke. It's so fricken' funny

• The moment you realized that those ship wars can actually be serious. Like, good god...

Alt text

An actual borderland case of insanity (pun definitely intended).

• There's no ill intent, it's just so hard to see the other ships from the bridge of the S/S Rhysa
    Alt text

It's not our fault if they fail to get out of the way.... :p

• edited March 2015

in my playthrough, the way Rhys and sasha interact its more like a little sister/best friend kind of dialogues.. but there is so much tension between fiona and rhys in the way telltale make us choose! so i dont ship any characters, its not my thing, but for the sake of sharing my unwanted opinion i think fiona and rhys have more of a chance here.. in terms of the options that telltale gave us, Rhys treats sasha as a younger sis (pinky promise in 1st episode) really? lol .. but as far as fiona's dialogues there is more tension and if ''ships'' is so important to some people then Fiona is my pick as far as Rhys. in my 1st ever playing tales i thought wow these two (Rhys/Fiona) are they gonna be lovers or what? but yeah, who cares :)

• edited March 2015

My personal favourite was the carpet bombing.

Crips posted: »

Hope Telltale mentions this in a 4th wall break joke. It's so fricken' funny

• edited March 2015

ZIS MAN GETS IT.

MIDGET PSYCHOS FOR THE WIN.

I got it! It's a Borderlands-themed alternate reality game. By the time episode 5 comes out, we all will turn into PSYCHOS!

• edited March 2015

I think shipping does not imply that the ships have to or need to appear in the "actual" game. Indeed, everyone has their own favourite ships and there are no rankings between them. It is acceptable that most people want their ships to be dominant, but ship wars are meaningless. For me, the interactions between Rhys and Fiona are so cute and adorable and I can imagine them being perfect partners in the future in or out of the game. Also, I don't care if someone is not interested in or even hates it, because that is not important and people do not have rights to change my feelings, right? Even if the game leads to some certain romantic plots I dislike/hate, I can still love my own ships, respect other ships and enjoy the game.

Above all, it is about love and respect. Not hatred and argument.

• I HAVE THE SHINIEST MEAT SHIP

LawmanZero posted: »

ZIS MAN GETS IT. MIDGET PSYCHOS FOR THE WIN.

• edited March 2015

I don´t think anyone here hates each other over ships...all of this has just been good natured fun, really.

Rhyionna master race tho.

Alt text

• I've seen some pretty nasty shipwars between people who seriously needed to gain some perspective, but this one is refreshingly good natured. So far. Just stay light hearted :). No one wants to turn into the Avatar: The Last Airbender 2008 fandom. Those wars were genuinely mean.

• LOL BE RESPECTFUL TO THE FILTHY RHYSHA SHIPPERS? U GOTTA BE JOKIN

• Lol look at yor little ship. It is no match for the S.S. Rhyiona

Alt text

There's no ill intent, it's just so hard to see the other ships from the bridge of the S/S Rhysa It's not our fault if they fail to get out of the way....

• I don't think anyone legit wants to fight its just people saying what the want to happen between 2 characters

• Thank you for respecting us Rhysha fans I respect you Rhyiona fans so may the best ship win good luck with respect

I have nothing but respect toward Rhysha shippers. I am mostly seeing this as harmless fun and I would never insult others for their ship.

• edited March 2015

I don't ship, but I respect all.

If you threw some Fanfiction at me, I'd probably read it. I just tend to not like ships forced onto canon material (ex: Destiel, with fans claiming that there was "queer-baiting" done beforehand and so on) due to the fact that it is often unfair and easily rips fandoms apart.

Aside from that, have at it.

• This is like a more fun version of the kenny/jane debate and people aren't attacking each other

• I wasn't around the Forums back then, but I feel like that's a debate with no winner.

zeke10 posted: »

This is like a more fun version of the kenny/jane debate and people aren't attacking each other

• Hey, slightly off topic but when does Jack make that face? Jack giving a blank stare is so funny...

DeityD posted: »

The moment you realized that those ship wars can actually be serious. Like, good god... An actual borderland case of insanity (pun definitely intended).

• I'm sure talking about HJ is never off-topic. :)

Uh, I'm not sure myself but I think that's the moment when someone - either Vasquez or Rhys being a creep when talking about how he um admired HJ (at the end of the game, obviously). Maybe it was "I'm so jealous" option, I don't really remember... I've played it so many times already, lol.

fayescarlet posted: »

Hey, slightly off topic but when does Jack make that face? Jack giving a blank stare is so funny...

• I see lol, thanks. I never saw it so it made me laugh. xD

DeityD posted: »

I'm sure talking about HJ is never off-topic. Uh, I'm not sure myself but I think that's the moment when someone - either Vasquez or Rhy

• He does most of the funny faces when Rhys' being a failure. Like, if you beg not to kill you in the desert - he just facepalmes himself. xD

fayescarlet posted: »

I see lol, thanks. I never saw it so it made me laugh. xD

• Or

Orrr

Orrrrrr

We could not ship people?

• Or we could, because otherwise, we'd be taking away an ability for people to express themselves.

Or Orrr Orrrrrr We could not ship people?

• k den

Or we could, because otherwise, we'd be taking away an ability for people to express themselves.

• Lol, trust me, I don't ship either. But I'm not about to get in the way of other people's discussions, art or fanfictions.

k den

• edited March 2015

Alt text

• Alt text

Or Orrr Orrrrrr We could not ship people?

• Do people really still ship? I thought bagging was the new thing?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• If the Great Shipping Wars of 2015 get too out of control then I'll take a Loaderbot, install CrowdControl.exe, and let him loose upon the forums. ;)

• I actually kind of ship Rhysa, and Rhyiona fanart is adorable like you wouldn't believe, but I respect you both.

I just don't like the arguing, that's all

strwar3 posted: »

Thank you for respecting us Rhysha fans I respect you Rhyiona fans so may the best ship win good luck with respect

• ...I thought it's the "Comic Book Guy" type of bagging.

Do people really still ship? I thought bagging was the new thing?

• How would you describe it? Like being in the trenches, or being in the Jungles in 'Nam with rain going up to your waist?

Snoogle posted: »

I've seen some pretty nasty shipwars between people who seriously needed to gain some perspective, but this one is refreshingly good natured

• edited March 2015

...Really?

Or is that sarcasm?

Green613 posted: »

LOL BE RESPECTFUL TO THE FILTHY RHYSHA SHIPPERS? U GOTTA BE JOKIN

• edited March 2015

We can still have the Mod Airships, right? Right-

Oh! Loaderbots with Machine Guns and Grenades, in police hats, in Mod Airships, waiting to drop on the gangsters and clear up the district while the whole place is carpet bombed.

If the Great Shipping Wars of 2015 get too out of control then I'll take a Loaderbot, install CrowdControl.exe, and let him loose upon the forums.

• edited March 2015

Having been in the middle of some nasty ship wars (anime ones, of course) this is like a fairy tale, really.

• Ooooooh, nice.

Doubly nice since you've got Bigby as your avatar.

ABigBadWolf posted: »

Having been in the middle of some nasty ship wars (anime ones, of course) this is like a fairy tale, really.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.