What did I get for purchasing the Season Pass when the game was released?

Am I the only one kind of upset about this? Am I being illogical?

I bought Tales from the Borderlands and the Season Pass the day the first episode came out. I patiently waited, just like everyone else did, for episode 2, and then when it finally comes out, Telltale puts the Season Pass on sale to celebrate the second episode coming out.

So... what did I get for purchasing the season pass? I get to pay more to wait the same amount of time as everyone else? Tell me I'm not being silly here. This is a legitimate concern. It's basically assured me that I won't buy the season pass for another Telltale game.

Comments

• Wait there's a season pass for telltale games? what the hell are you buying kids?

• The Season Pass is when you buy the entire Season at once on PC, or when you buy Episodes 2-5 in one DLC pack on consoles/mobile devices.

GrumpyDof posted: »

Wait there's a season pass for telltale games? what the hell are you buying kids?

• I'm a casual and got TFTB on Xbox 360. I got it on 360 out of convenience and that it was the same price as the Steam version. On Xbox 360, you could buy the first episode for $5, or the season pass for $25 that included all of the episodes. Again, I stress, I bought it on Xbox because it was the same price.

So I bought the game and its season pass, just to see that the game went on sale to celebrate the 2nd episode coming out. What did I get for purchasing it early? Granted it's only a $5 difference and $5 isn't enough to really be mad about, I'm just kind of disappointed that I waited just as long as everyone else and the new people playing the game pay less than I did, as an early adopter.

GrumpyDof posted: »

Wait there's a season pass for telltale games? what the hell are you buying kids?

• Oh that's what you're calling a season pass? (usually i think of that about the dlcs or whatever) Well it's been like that for ages so no there's no bonus.

• InGen_Nate_KennyInGen_Nate_Kenny Moderator
    edited March 2015

Well, one would assume that you would have bought Zer0 Sum by then, so they probably put it on discount by $5 (cost of Zer0 Sum) to let people buy it, on top of the $5 discount the pass already has. If I understand correctly.

Also, Welcome To The Forums!

Marzz4967 posted: »

I'm a casual and got TFTB on Xbox 360. I got it on 360 out of convenience and that it was the same price as the Steam version. On Xbox 360,

• Nothing much other than you owned the game before some other people. Sales are a tricky thing to gauge and sometimes it is a bit of a bummer to lose out on a good deal. When I bought the entire Sam and Max collection I hadn't really known how steam worked. Then the next day was the games 25th anniversary and had the price sliced in half. Ofcourse it sucked, but I still enjoyed the games, I just had bad timing.

Wait for sales and save money, buy early and have the game that much longer, it's all preference.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.