Please be respectful of each other's ships.

Comments

• RWBY ship wars on Tumblr have left me with some scars.

ABigBadWolf posted: »

Having been in the middle of some nasty ship wars (anime ones, of course) this is like a fairy tale, really.

• Alt text

Bigby master race.

LawmanZero posted: »

Ooooooh, nice. Doubly nice since you've got Bigby as your avatar.

• I´ve heard of that but don´t know exactly what it is.

I was thinking along the lines of Naruto...that shit was insane.

RWBY ship wars on Tumblr have left me with some scars.

• edited March 2015

I merely observed the smoking remains of the war. I didn't participate. But to give an idea of how seriously these people took their ships: the "losing" ship was so bitter after the series finale they actually made a serious attempt to assemble a group of writers, actors, and animators to reanimate the last episode so their ship would be endgame. They even tried to get one of the original voice actors on board.

Obviously this didn't work.

How would you describe it? Like being in the trenches, or being in the Jungles in 'Nam with rain going up to your waist?

• Just awful.

People were harassing Monty on Twitter for "queer-baiting", despite him being the creator of the show. They told the creator how to write his own damn show.

I´ve heard of that but don´t know exactly what it is. I was thinking along the lines of Naruto...that shit was insane.

• Best wolfman is best wolfman.

Bigby master race.

• I'm at the Museum commemorating the War, and I have come to the conclusion that it was Trench Warfare.

It started off as a small gang war, then spread through the whole city and then they took it to the countryside.

Trenches were dug, wire was erected. Guns blazed, people died amongst spilled guts, fire and mustard gas.

Snoogle posted: »

I merely observed the smoking remains of the war. I didn't participate. But to give an idea of how seriously these people took their ships:

• When it gets to the point of sending hate to the creators of something then we´ve hit rock bottom.

Just awful. People were harassing Monty on Twitter for "queer-baiting", despite him being the creator of the show. They told the creator how to write his own damn show.

• I would have said "Heeeeeeey, idiots! Monty's not your bitch. Also, you seen any high school movies? The ones with the Jerk Jock and the Alpha Bitch?"

"That's what you are, right now. Choke on it."

(Runs away from torrent of rage.)

Just awful. People were harassing Monty on Twitter for "queer-baiting", despite him being the creator of the show. They told the creator how to write his own damn show.

• Alt text

Best wolfman is best wolfman.

• Supernatural fans do this as well.

They send death threats to the actors to make Destiel, one of the ships of the fanbase, canon. As I said, ships can be harmless, but they can also evolve beyond that. I'd rather not see the Tales from the Borderlands fandom become that.

When it gets to the point of sending hate to the creators of something then we´ve hit rock bottom.

• "Say. My. Name."
    "Bigby."
    "Say it, BIIIIIIIITTTTCH-"

• Good luck, the users made your life a living hell as much as humanely possible.

They were all kind of wimpy and hid behind anon, though. Then again, Tumblr is an awful site as a whole, so I wasn't sure what I was expecting.

I would have said "Heeeeeeey, idiots! Monty's not your bitch. Also, you seen any high school movies? The ones with the Jerk Jock and the Alpha Bitch?" "That's what you are, right now. Choke on it." (Runs away from torrent of rage.)

• edited March 2015

That I´ve seen. Destiel is all over. And I don´t even watch SP.

Believe me, as part of what´s going on, 99% of this is just for fun, it´s not serious. Obviously people ship things (at least I do [sweats nervously]) but the jabs? Playful. I hope no one actually takes it seriously.

Supernatural fans do this as well. They send death threats to the actors to make Destiel, one of the ships of the fanbase, canon. As I sa

• I ship Destiel, but...there's a thing called headcanons?

Supernatural fans do this as well. They send death threats to the actors to make Destiel, one of the ships of the fanbase, canon. As I sa

• Oh, I know.

Everyone here is extremely mature for the most part, so I don't see them going out of control. I can simply level with people who have these types of fears as well.

That I´ve seen. Destiel is all over. And I don´t even watch SP. Believe me, as part of what´s going on, 99% of this is just for fun, it´s

• Alt text

"Say. My. Name." "Bigby." "Say it, BIIIIIIIITTTTCH-"

• This is the tamest "shipping discussion" I´ve ever seen, really. Some fandoms you can´t even say "I ship ____" without thirty people wanting to chop your head off.

Oh, I know. Everyone here is extremely mature for the most part, so I don't see them going out of control. I can simply level with people who have these types of fears as well.

• Also, swag Bigby is awesome too.

• Every Bigby is best Bigby.

Also, swag Bigby is awesome too.

• I ship Faugust and I'm beginning to like Rhysa.

No one has attempted to murder me...yet.

This is the tamest "shipping discussion" I´ve ever seen, really. Some fandoms you can´t even say "I ship ____" without thirty people wanting to chop your head off.

• I only ship Rhyiona and as far as I know I´m still living. ´S all good!

I ship Faugust and I'm beginning to like Rhysa. No one has attempted to murder me...yet.

• Every Bigby means all of them. :)

Even Douche Bigby and "Hopeless Detective" Bigby.

• Even Douche Bigby and "Hopeless Detective" Bigby.

Every Bigby is best Bigby.

• I don't ship, but I can see Faugust.

[Pats.] I like you two. You can be my special Forum buddies on each side of the ship war.

I only ship Rhyiona and as far as I know I´m still living. ´S all good!

• [Pats back.]

I have a bunker prepared. With infinite pizza.

I don't ship, but I can see Faugust. [Pats.] I like you two. You can be my special Forum buddies on each side of the ship war.

• Alt text

I don't ship, but I can see Faugust. [Pats.] I like you two. You can be my special Forum buddies on each side of the ship war.

• And thus, a friendship was formed. A trio found among the darkness of war.

Also, I don't eat pizza, so that's all you two. I'll bring some Mr. Good bars.

• Actually, I don´t like pizza either.

I´ll settle for some cake. Nothing beats a good cake.

And thus, a friendship was formed. A trio found among the darkness of war. Also, I don't eat pizza, so that's all you two. I'll bring some Mr. Good bars.

• edited March 2015

Ship war cake made by ABigBadWolf (representing Rhyiona), LawmanZero (leaning towards Rhysa) and
    TheGreatLeoDio (entirely neutral).

Come on, come all. Grab your yummy slices of cake.

Actually, I don´t like pizza either. I´ll settle for some cake. Nothing beats a good cake.

• Alt text

Alt text

Just eat both if ya don´t wanna choose!

Ship war cake made by ABigBadWolf (representing Rhyiona), LawmanZero (leaning towards Rhysa) and TheGreatLeoDio (entirely neutral). Come on, come all. Grab your yummy slices of cake.

• No. Shipping is bad.

I aim to destroy shipping.

• You do realise that you are going to need a lot of heavy-duty missiles, right?

No. Shipping is bad. I aim to destroy shipping.

• Eats two slices of both

Just eat both if ya don´t wanna choose!

• You act like I haven't been fighting this war for years.

You do realise that you are going to need a lot of heavy-duty missiles, right?

• Bon appetit!

Eats two slices of both

• Sorry, I wasn't aware.

You act like I haven't been fighting this war for years.

• Anybody need pasta?

Bon appetit!

• Death threats? о_о F*ck me!

Though I find some of in-series jokes about the fans and pairings kinda harsh and I think they mock them a litte too much, but this... this is just. Ugh.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.